Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

The Dresden Files

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV' started by DQ, 6 February 2007 Social URL.

1. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Can't decide if I am looking forward to this or petrified of what they could do to such an excellent series of books..... :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ooohhh when are they showing it over here?? I'm nervously excited. Am also slightly apprehensive though... I know what you mean. I love reading The Dresden Files... Looking forward to the next book!! :D I love Harry!! lol

4. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Got the latest paperback coming with my next Amazon order. Due to start on 14th Feb - my reminder is set already! ;)

5. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Has the latest one been released then??

February 14th? Which channel and what time??

6. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Sky One, not sure time - will double check!!

Erm think the last one I read was Dead Beat, so the one after that! :p

7. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

8. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ooohh I'm so excited!! I hope that they don't muck it up!

And I think Dead Beat was the last one I read, so will have to order the next one now!

9. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I saw a clip of this yesterday!! It looks quite good actually. And a friend of mine has downloaded the first episode and says it's pretty good - and she loves the books. So I think we're going to be okay! :D

10. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Phew!! Thanks Sparkle - I was in two minds but will watch it now! :cool:

11. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

What do you think??

12. Sparkle

Sparkle Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Although they haven't actually focussed on any of the books yet, I am actually quite enjoying it.... and I'm getting a bit of a crush on Harry! :eek: lol

I found it a bit difficult to begin with, simply because when I read I picture it all in my head anyway, and it's completely different. The cop is a brunette instead of blonde, and has a kid... Oh, and they've had to change her name because apparently there actually is a cop with that name in Chicago! (Useless fact for you there ;) ).

Also, Bob took some getting used to. But I can understand them having to make these changes in order to put it on TV. Unfortunately reality/tv have their limits, our imagination doesn't! :)

What do you think?

13. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Agree with you. As long as I don't try to 'see' it the same way as the books, it's actually quite good :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.