the effects of cheating...?

nugabug

Hey everyone, sorry to bring cheating up again, but having just had a rather terrible past week and a half, I thought it might be good to share my experiences, and learn what others think of them.

It all started after my first weigh in. Week 1 had gone fabulously with a grand loss of 11.5 lbs!. But instead of keeping up the good work, the devil inside of me had different plans, so I ended up celebrating with my worst enemy: my apetite!

Eating a half a peice of FRIED fish! But I had an excuse, it was my first soup, and it ended up down the drain because I just could NOT down it, and I didn't want to starve myself now did I? Spurred on by my mum I indulged, little did I know what I had begun.

I had crossed a line, food was no longer COMPLETELY off limits as it should have been. The next day I had a bit more, allbeit grilled, fish, a few days later I had a bit of chicken. All the time I told myself it was only a bit, and most probably even good for me, so when it came to weighing myself, I was really dissapointed to see a loss of not even 5 pounds. But hey a loss is a loss, I told myself, after all it was my TOTM too, and I'll just keep it clean from now.

But that didn' t happen either, the last couple of days, have been terrible. One spoon of rice, a tiny bit of chicken, a wee bit of lamb, a bite of a samosa!! Almost every day I've had a little bite of something, and it's left me feeling horrendous, both physically and emotionally.
I have spent the the last couple of days feeling sick, it's been hell trying to down my packs. Constant headaches, complete lack of concentration, have made me a not so happy bunny, more cranky bi***!

The guilt being the worst though, but from it I have realised it's not just a tiny bite... I'm not only kicking myself out of ketosis and slowing (or even reversing) my weight loss, I'm draining myself emotionally. It was much easier to think food was completely off- limits, and it helped to evaluate the way I see food so I can change the way I think and hopefully maintain the losses I do make!

So I am hoping to just completly stay away now. I'm gonna opt out of helping out at meal times, and busy myslef with other stuff. Hope I can go back to week 1 me!

Anyone else have a similar tough time?

wow yes i totally agree this happned to me it started with a small cube of chease a littel bit of salt on the chicken more chease areo and bingo i put on 20 pounds in 14 days lets learn from are mistakes xx

nugabug I completely understand where you are coming from. I was absolutely 120% my first week. Lost half a stone which I was delighted with. Week 2 well that's another story! Was bad a few times. I have now decided I cannot do ss. I have decided to follow the 810 plan whereby I have 3 packs a day but also, if I wish, I can have a meal of 810 cals! Fish or chicken etc with 3 tablespoons of certain veg. I know my loss will be slower but I fell I will cope much better and am more likely to stay on track! Good luck honey. It is so hard totally disregarding food. Have you noticed how many more adverts there appear to be on tv etc advertising food! I think they knew I was not allowed to eat food and put more adverts on lol
xxxx

We've all been there. Well done for straightening your head out. It is indeed a very slippery slope. It has to be all or nothing with this diet.

However, please don't expect anything like your week one weight loss in week three, or you will be disappointed. A lot of people stay the same on week 3, so sticking 100% to CD will be a great achievement no matter what you lose.

Good luck,

You are telling my story too. I tried and failed spectacularly. but im not the sustain it with one bit of chicken type of gal - Im more a start with chicken, oh well you screwed up now - order a kebab, and a pizza.

Its got to be easier to just not eat. So I find myself starting again on day 1 with a new mantra

Eating's Cheating

This is exactly what has happened to me over the last two weeks and I have found it REALLY hard to put a stop to it! I have hardly been on this site recently because I feel like I have let everyone and most of all - myself down so much!

But - today is another day and the start of SS again for me. Only need to do it for about 2 more weeks and then I should be able to start moving up the plans. My head has been all over the place in the last couple of weeks on this diet and I think it's because it's finally coming to an end and I don't think I know how to cope without it!

But I have realised what's going on which is why I am putting a stop to it now!

It's so hard once you fall off the wagon to jump back up and get back on with this diet!

I completely agree with you hun, i have had some bad experiences with cheating and being 100% and getting that loss off makes it all so worth it. Its all about the right frame of mind - cheating is a dangeruos thing!

This week is the first time i have cheated, I had a chicken satay stick and then over the last 3 days i have had almost a tube of smarties :cry:
Could kick myself, and last night my 3rd weigh in i lost 2lb :cry:
I was dissapointed with that loss, but today is another week, and i will defo keep away from the food !!
You can do it and with help from this site, we can all achieve with help from each other :D

Seriously though, week 3 is the slow down week for a lot of people, regardless of cheats or not. I stuck to it religiously but stayed the same in my week 3. No excuse to cheat though as it will slow your losses and set you back psychologically, but just to let you know that you will have slow weeks too, every now and then, no matter what.

i stayed the same in week 3 too. i was disappointed but carried on. i have to say though that my 150% attitude from the first week is not there anymore. i am doing a week of ss+ this week as its half term and i want a bit of flexibility, and i must say it has been a bit of a godsend because i know i am gonna eat at night and this prevents me nibbling during the day.

i too nibbled a few times in the first 3 weeks and i think it was because subconsciously my mind was telling me that i was not allowed any food and so little nibbles crept in. sounds weird. but now i know i am having a meal i have no need to nibble, and i hope i lose this week. i am back to ss next week but will use a ss+ some weeks to get through the week.

i wish i could stick to ss the whole way but it is hard for me and at least now i know the parametres and can stay within them.

great thread BTW

ss is bloomin hard and I too did week1 no probs week2 well such a different story slices of toast chocolate etc and why cos i know it works but it doesn't stop us, so as from today I'm starting again and fingers crossed I'll do it!!

wow. you've pretty much summed upp my experience too.

i don't think iv gone 1 day without having something extra! i've kept it low carb, a bit of tuna or chicken, but still wish i could leave it and do it 100%. the first few weeks were good but losing only half a pound in the 5th week really upset me, and i was annoyed at myself. i think that because i was still getting decent losses i thought i could keep nibbling, so week 5 was worse than the others!

i think it's shocked me into being better though, as i've been good this week. getting weighed tomorrow a day early so i hope its a good loss, also iv been drinking much more water, which helps when you get around week 4 and your body fights the weight loss.

thanks for telling us your story, as im sure there are many more people out there who are in the same boat.

good luck everyone - lets do it 100% this week

Come on girls you can do it!

Fix an image of how good you could look on the christmas pics with your families and go for it. Lets be honest whats the alternative, put a few pounds on...few stone....indulge over the festive period?? No way you could be 2 stone lighter and ready to face the new year a slimmer healthier person.

I'm buzzing of CD this week, i know its hard, and far harder than i actually thought but because it is so difficult you should feel even more proud of yourselves for every day that you stick to it.

So porridge at the ready? onwards and downwards.

xxx

Come on girls you can do it!

Fix an image of how good you could look on the christmas pics with your families and go for it. Lets be honest whats the alternative, put a few pounds on...few stone....indulge over the festive period?? No way you could be 2 stone lighter and ready to face the new year a slimmer healthier person.

I'm buzzing of CD this week, i know its hard, and far harder than i actually thought but because it is so difficult you should feel even more proud of yourselves for every day that you stick to it.

So porridge at the ready? onwards and downwards.

xxx

Yup, I'm with you on that. The shops are begining to get Christmas party clothes in and I am totally focused on the thrill of seeing people I haven't seen since I started this diet at the parties. It is really keeping me motivated and on track.

Buy your Christmas outfit now, a size smaller, and hang it up in your bedroom! Do whatever it takes to make you stick to it!

Lol thats actually what i did 4 weeks ago, spent a small fortune on a gorgeous dress (then 2 sizes too small) its hanging in my wardrobe begging to be worn as we speak!

xx

i stayed the same in week 3 too. i was disappointed but carried on. i have to say though that my 150% attitude from the first week is not there anymore. i am doing a week of ss+ this week as its half term and i want a bit of flexibility, and i must say it has been a bit of a godsend because i know i am gonna eat at night and this prevents me nibbling during the day.

i too nibbled a few times in the first 3 weeks and i think it was because subconsciously my mind was telling me that i was not allowed any food and so little nibbles crept in. sounds weird. but now i know i am having a meal i have no need to nibble, and i hope i lose this week. i am back to ss next week but will use a ss+ some weeks to get through the week.

i wish i could stick to ss the whole way but it is hard for me and at least now i know the parametres and can stay within them.

I know what you mean though. I alternate between ss and ss+ each week and this makes it easy and managble for me and I'm still having great weight loss.

Back