The end of the line, or the beginning of a new life?

Just been to the park with my dog and it felt really lovely. I felt as if I had a real bounce in my step. He's snoozing next to me now :D

I would love a dog but with us both working full time it would feel a chore. :(
You got anything else planned for the day?

so happy for you!

Five pounds is great! I have a (smallish) vase of tulips next to me as I type. Will have to wait another week or so for a big one. The garden is overgrown but full of wonderful blooms at the moment, I had a great cutting flowers afternoon.
White Tulip, you sound like you are in a fantastic frame of mind at the moment. I'm so pleased for you!
The episodes I mentioned are- in the Aust seasons, (last three at least) right towards the end, during the NZ visit- I think 3rd and 4th episode when they are in NZ. They are incredibly emotional episodes, you will see what i mean if you do watch them.
Have a great day!

What another great loss for you :D you'll easily hit 6st in time for your hols. You really do sound like you are in a good place at the moment and I'm thrilled you achieved your goal of getting your BMI under 40. Hope you enjoyed your day with your doggie.

all is excellent, thankyou :D

Had a lovely day with my dog, lots of cuddles. This is the second weekend he's had to witness me going through all the clothes that are 'almost there' or 'still too tight' and me asking him if he thinks they fit :D Typical bloke - even as a dog he managed to roll his eyes in boredom at me trying on clothes and asking if they look ok!!

I have a tiny sneaking hope to hit 6 stone before my holiday. I'm not going to be disappointed if I don't because a pound here or there doesn't matter. I have 5 pounds and 2 weigh ins to go and on a normal SS week that wouldn't phase me but on 810 this week and 1000 next week I might not quite reach it. I will be over the moon though if I do. I think back to first starting and telling my CDC I'd be happy with 3 stone off by my holiday because I thought that was a lot to lose and that I'd fall off the wagon with a few days!

Off to my book keeping class tonight. It's really using a part of my brain I've never used, but if it was going to be easy from the start then what would the point of learning something new?

Interesting comment from my manager. He asked if anyone else had commented and I said not. I listed the 4 or 5 who have and he stopped and listed them back and said 'interesting.......all those are staff who have a bit of a battle with their weight'....and I thought , that is interesting....

You have had such wonderful losses, hope you achieve that 6 stone before hols. I have every faith that you will.

Your Dog sounds lovely.

Wendy x

It is interesting who has commented, stakeholders or interested parties they would be named in our local council literature. Sometimes what people don't say is louder than what they do say! Are the people who have commented continuing to do so- asking how much you have lost this weigh in etc?
What sort of book keeping are you learning? I like numbers, I really do, but get frustrated if I can't work it out in the end!
How much did you lose before on the 810 and 1000 weeks? It would be great if you did hit six stone, but as you say, a pound or two is only academic. You know where you are heading.
Have a good day darling girl!

Wow, White Tulip,
You are doing soooo well! I will keep my fingers crossed that you reach the 6st mark before your holiday, but even if you don't it's an amazing loss and I'm sure you'll have a lovely holiday.
Have a good evening. :)

Are the people who have commented continuing to do so- asking how much you have lost this weigh in etc?
no.....although someone who said I was 'glowing' recently awkwardly asked me about weight loss today and said I was an 'inspiration' as she wants to lose about 4 or 5 stone herself .

minusfour said:
What sort of book keeping are you learning?
Very, very basic....it is really outside my field of work and I just want to learn a skill that is very different. We are doing double entry book keeping at the moment, manually. There is an exam on that in December. There are 2 computerised units with SAGE with an exam for both of them.
minusfour said:
How much did you lose before on the 810 and 1000 weeks?
I lost 2 pounds when I did 810 a few weeks back, I've never done 1000 before, all the rest has been SS or SS+ (so between 400+ to 600+ cals)

minusfour said:
It would be great if you did hit six stone, but as you say, a pound or two is only academic. You know where you are heading.
Have a good day darling girl!

It would be excellent, yes. But not the end of the world if I don't. Reading the Cognitive Behaviour book has been really helpful. I've got about a quarter to read. It helps you stop having sabotaging thoughts and unhealthy beliefs and stop awfulizing - ie 'I must lose 6 stone before my holiday otherwise I am a failure and useles' becomes 'I want to lose 6 stone before my holiday. If I don't, it's not the end of the world and I can still celebrate my success so far. Not hitting that target doesn't make me any less worthwhile'.

I am definitely taking a size 20 top on holiday. I ordered a 20 and a 22/24 and was going to keep the 22/24 even though it looked a bit baggy but I tried onthe 20 again before doing the parcels to send back yesterday and the 20 now fits better!

I have also ordered 'that' holiday top in a 20. It should be here by early next week. I am highly doubtful it will fit as the 22 was a little tight on the arms about 2-3 weeks ago. I might even be out of time to send the 22 back....but I will see how the 20 fits and how close I have got when it arrives. In fact I'm going to try on the 22 now to see the difference since I bought it. I think I have probably lost almost a stone since it arrived.

Good on you for ordering the size 20! I had a patient in who has lost exactly 71 pounds, and there is absolutely no way in the world I could have not noticed it. She has a bit to go, but she is so much smaller. Reduced. Everyone around you must be noticing it, whether they are saying so or not. And, numerically it is an amazing number, but to see how much less it is- on someone I know- I'm just blown away, you are incredible!
I hope you are having a good day. Mine has been quite stressful, lots of meetings, but they were not bad in terms of outcomes. Got to take my cat to the vet- he has been vomiting- then I can really relax. One of the meetings was with my uncle, (he is sort of a business advisor for me), and one of the things I was worried about was wanting to change banks. (Do you remember all the grief I had some weeks ago with that pri*k? ) It was never really sorted out to my satisfaction, but I was worried my Uncle might think I was making a fuss about nothing. I underestimated him though, he was fine. Now I just have to find a new bank and change.
What have you got planned for the weekend?

Hi Tulip, just wanted to say you are doing brilliantly, and if anyone deserves a lovely holiday it will be you.
You have worked so hard and put up with so much and achieved amazing results. You should be so proud of yourself.
Its funny, but I am looking forward to your holiday (and surfhunny's vegas trip) almost as much as if I was going myself.
It is so nice seeing the weight coming off and my shape changing that a holiday is the perfect way to experience and celebrate the new me. Unfortunately all my time, energy and money is going on leaving my OH and starting my new life so a holiday is out of the question for now.
However, once I am sorted out and have some money (some time next year) I am going off to explore up the Amazon on a riverboat holiday ! (so if you don't take lots of lovely pics to show us, I won't take any of my adventure, so there !:p)
xxx

I am fighting the food thoughts today. :( I really want to use it emotionally. I really do.

OH is out tonight. Again. He goes to football training on a Thursday night and gets back around 10. He went up north to watch football last Sunday and was back around 9 and went only a couple of days previous to that and got back around 3am. He has been out 3 of the last 4 Friday nights and staggers back around 3 or 4am.

I don't begrudge him going out. I am just tired of him arranging a social life that doesn't involve me - at all. I have tried on many, many occasions over the years to get him to do stuff with me but he is just not interested and says he isn't. He won't even acknowledge how often he is out.

I am having 'it's not fair' feelings as I just feel repeatedly marginalised. His reply is always either 'well we go on holiday' or 'I'm not stopping you going out with people'.

It's not about that, it's about just doing normal things together, a walk, a night chatting in the pub, a meal out, going to the cinema. Anything. Just anything where he thinks of and puts me above everything else :(

I really am wanting to eat something, I really am and I'm almost in tears through frustration of how I just don't feel valued.

Didn't want to read and run. So sorry to hear how you are feeling, you can almost feel the sadness coming off the page :(.

I really could swing for your OH he so doesn't he realise what an absolute star he has in you. You just want a normal relationship and I can totally understand how frustrating this must be for you. As you're losing the weight I think that you are changing so much and are not just willing to 'settle' for what has always been.

Thinking of you xx

Oh, I hope you are feeling better today. Horrible feelings, those of not being something enough to make another care enough/want to be with us enough, etc. I suppose it is in OH's favour that he is up front. You will decide in good time whether this is enough for you. I really am sorry that you have had such a down time. How did you manage with the food?

It was the australian rules grand final today. For the first time in many years, I begged off the annual BBQ with OH's old, old mates, and spent a lovely quiet day at home. (Not really all that lovely, I've got a sore back, one of my cats is sick, and I was doing book keeping, without success!) It was a draw, and apparently they have it all over again next week- the game and the BBQ! I can't believe it! All that fuss, (not only the BBQ) all over again!

Now, I really do have a vase of white Tulips this week! Hope all is ok!

thankyou lovely people. xx

Well, it had to happen.........I had a STS.

I resisted the urge to binge completely, I worked through it all and am proud of that.

As I did 810 this week I knew a loss would be touch and go and last week and this coming week are all about the slow re-adjustment of my body to food in preparation for my holiday.

I was obviously a bit disappointed but it isn't the end of the world. I stuck to the plan and my body interpreted the intake as emergency rations.

As I had a bit of indigestion yesterday evening I know I am doing the right thing. I could stick my fingers in my ears and carry on doing SS/SS+ and not listen to the need for some food to be re-introduced. I know that would be stupid though. I am planning to have things like yoghurt, muesli and fruit for breakfast and then salad/low fat in the evening. Doing it this way means I should be ok to eat those things. Sticking with SS until the day I fly will be too much of a shock to the system.

So.........1000 plan this week. Enjoying it so far :D I am realistic in that I might even have a gain this week, but that really doesn't matter.

It feels like such a huge amount of food!

For today, as an example, this is what I plan to have

breakfast:
CD bar
90 grams grapes

lunch
CD soup
small bowl of salad leaves
half a banana

Dinner
200 grams new potatoes
Pak choi
175 grams stir fry chicken (or tuna, haven't decided which yet)
half a banana

Skimmed milk in tea

How much food is that?!!! :D And soooo many choices - the last 15 weeks has really made me appreciate food more. The straight jacket of SS really puts the brakes on and makes you really think about food.

Of course, the danger of the straight jacket being loosened is the opportunity to eat more and then start to stray. However, I am going to stay focused on my goal, eat what I am allowed and let the scales do whatever they choose next Sunday.

Last edited:
Back