The eternal struggle.

SerenityValley

Surgically happy.
I think this is the one forum I've never posted in. Which shows just how many types of diet I've done.

I have littered the forums with diaries and progress updates, motivational posts and downright whinges.

I have battled my weight for most of my life. I've been as high as 23st 8lbs, and as low as 12st 6.5lbs. Today, for probably the 20th time in 24 months, I've gone back up to 16st 11lbs. I've lost and gained the same 3st over and over. And it's so damn hard.

I need to understand why I do this. Why I binge. I understand on a basic level that I have an eating disorder (non-purging bulemia / BED) but I need insight as to why I can get myself on an even keel, and do well then fall apart completely. Well I say completely. I've still maintained 95lbs of the 154lbs I lost a few years ago.

I know my frequent VLCD use is a problem and I believe I'm done now. It's how I lost the 154lbs but I have struggled with these continually.

Does anyone recommend any websites or books on the subject of overeating/NPB? And the guilt that eating seems to cause#?

For the moment, it's calorie counting but what I desperately want in time is to just eat healthily 9% of the time.

Oh well, obviously I'm a bit boring, so I'll go back to the calorie counting forum :)

It's going bloody well though, 6.4lbs off in 4 days.

It IS so hard isn't it?

It really is the one thing in my life that I consistently fail at. Almost everything else that I want to do, I feel I can achieve but I can't lose weight and keep it off :(.

Sorry, I can't offer any advise, I don't know how to do it either, but I can let you know that I feel the same.

Back