The Exercise Thread - today I....

I didnt make it to the gym today, I dont know what I did to myself attempting to run on sunday but yesterday and today I have had awful pain when walking in both hip joints. Its just about worn off now, but I couldnt walk when I got up this morning. Is this just because im not used to running, out of the 12.5 mins on treadmill, I prob only did like 4 mins running altogether. Is this enough to have caused this?
Im a bit worried about trying again now. xx
hey cookie ,
dont worry its just youre hip flexors streching , always make sure you stretch properly before and after , and even if youre feeling it once you start to jog and warm up they will loosen up loads , used to get it allot meself :0)

What stretches should I be doing for them?

Good to know its a normal thing. How long will it take to stop if I try and do it for say 10mins 3 times a week to start?

xx

What stretches should I be doing for them?

Good to know its a normal thing. How long will it take to stop if I try and do it for say 10mins 3 times a week to start?

xx
i just do normal leg stretches with bent knee , also holding foot behind and streching it up slightly,just enough to feel warmer.
youre doing great , keep it up !!

I did a 20 min swim, then very vigorous cleaning up!

gonna have my hours run today and salsa class

I am off to the gym in a mo for 10 mins bike, 20 mins x trainer, 20 mins upper body weights, 10 mins bike. Then this afternoon I am painting the hall and the bathroom - ugh!

ended up doing 90 minutes on the treadmill , hard 6 mile run , 10 min warm up and 20 min hill climbing and cool down , chuffed over 8 miles done today .
probably wont be able to move at salsa tonight.
must say much more positive after run , was feeling very low this morning , sticking to the plan and its sooo disheartning to not be loosing much at all (if anything)was really tempted to go back to l.l this morning but im really not wanting to take the 'easy route' this time, i figure if i work hard to loose this i wont slip up next time . oooooo whooshie why are you ignoring me ????? id be happy with just a 3 lb loss to spur me on :cry:
didnt i say i was more positive !!mmmmm

Last edited:
Well done for the mammoth workout, thats fab!! xx

In the end I painted first then I actually did a 2 hour workout, I just couldn't stop! I still wasn't even dying after that! I came home swept, mopped, cleaned all the windows, and now am resting.

Phew I should think you need a rest after that.. well done!! xx

In the end I painted first then I actually did a 2 hour workout, I just couldn't stop! I still wasn't even dying after that! I came home swept, mopped, cleaned all the windows, and now am resting.
good god tt thats fab , well done you xx

Not much for me today, 1.5miles with baby carrier, hoping to get to the gym tomorrow. xx

just 30 mins fast walking for me today , let my poor legs recover yesterdays excesses :0)

well though my 30 min walking was my lot last night, but got into the living room in my slops and thought id have a little walk while watching my sky + programmes , so ended up doing 60 mins of fast hill walking , chuffed !:D
supposed to be going to a salsa party tonight for a good dance but my little one is not so good so ill have to see how she fairs up x

I swam about 6-ish lengths on wednesday (took kids to baths, hubs and me kept swapping watching the kids to grab a couple of lengths LOL), and then yesterday I was at Uni 11am-8pm, today I'm going to the park in a tick with girls to feed ducks so Hubs can change our bed in peace (I can't do it, tiny Rela + King size bed = disaster LOL) so will try and chase them around a bit, then Uni later but might do some dvd aerobics later.

Today I am increasing my dog walking time by about 20 mins. I have already done a longer walk this morning and as the sun is shining, she will get a longer walk at lunchtime too.

I do need to start doing some up body work to help tone up the old bingo wings. So I might do my workout DVD that I have shamefully never done, but have owned for about 2 years. :hide:

Back