The Final Fresh Start

betterforever83

Silver Member
So, after what seems like a lifetime of dieting,starving,restricting and ultimately failing I have decided to make the final move towards changing this habit.
I got married last september and saw this as the start of a new phase and I want to look forward to the rest of my life feeling good about myself! So after a spell of good old fashioned calorie counting I managed to shift 9lbs which I can feel slipping back on as i lose will power. I have now rediscovered sw (attempted before but never really got a grasp of the plan and predictably gave up!) and hope to make it a permanent life choice. (ooooh that sounds all dramatic!)
Also am hoping to tackle my drinking habits as at the beginning of the year I gave up for 4 weeks and felt much better for it, but sadly the wine beckoned and i went running. It seems I can't just have the one, it leads to five and the dreaded 'morning after' feeling which in turn welcomes a day of excess to make myself feel 'better'! So until I can learn that vital lesson of self control :confused: i shall refrain.
Thanks to anyone who still reading my warblings and heres to 100% effort one day at a time.

Am feeling mightily disappointed in myself!

Due to working an unusually eary shift and going out straight afterwards i had a monumental fail today...........otherwise known as my first day on the plan!

But i won't dwell on what i can't change and will move forward with a better frame of mind (and of course some careful planning!!!!)
Am off to do a big shop for the first time in 2 weeks tomorrow so will get fully stocked and re motivated. Looking forward to getting some control back.

Yay! Am having a much, much better day today!!! helps not being at work as can only really eat sarnies while i'm there which is kinda restricting and frankly just a bit rude:p!

Just cooking dinner- including my portion of superfree, which I always struggle with due to having a child like aversion to anything nutritious. I know naughty me but I'm working on it!

Still not excercising but one step at a time, hey!? (I have an aversion to that too- can you see how i ended up in this state??). Focusing on my lovely smelling free dinner and hoping i don't screw it up later with late night munchie. Only 6 syns so far too so got a little room for a treat if needed, but am really trying to stay away from chocolate and my biggest downfall, crisps.

so fingers eyes and legs crossed for my first 100% day xx

actually did it!!!!
no late night snacking and stuck to the plan 100%!! woo hoo!
now for todays challenge...........work this afternoon will hopefully be busy so i'm not tempted by any naughties (i'm a boredom eater!).will be taking a chicken sandwich using my healthy extras but am gonna fill up on a huge brekkie to hopefully keep me going cos sandwiches aren't nearly half as filling as many other things i can have, but sadly is my only option. keep on trucking xx

later that day.........
Am still feeling positive am currently at 9.5 syns and a full quota of healthy extras but have not had nearly enough superfree foods!! unless i develop a sudden taste for fruit i'm at a loss as to what to do. i am eating as many vegetables as i can at each meal but i don't know thats enough! but i don't want to force myself to eat things i dislike because nothing sends me off a plan and into a binge quicker. grrrrrr soo frustrating!! am going to london in 3 weeks (for my b'day!!) to see kylie in concert and really wanted to have shifted 7lbs by then. must.not.give.up!
i'm such a light weight........it's only day 3!!

am gonna stay positive i can do this............xx

Last edited:
happy st patricks day everyone!!!
try and stay away from the guinness;)

after another successful day am feeling rather great, but do have that bloaty achy stomach that comes with it being * week (oh the joys!) so any loss this week will be good! will try and up my water intake to combat the lovely water retention :(

got no plans today just a bit of housework (yeah right!) so it's sofa and dvd day until i start work at 6! please be busier than yesterday........i can feel my brain cells dying off with each mind numbing second of monotony........xx

You sound very motivated - long may it continue :) And it's definitely good to have an occasion to aim for, tbh I think that, more than anything else, keeps most of us on track. And here is a great place to be if you need a boost xx

thanks hun it's good to have somewhere to vent!!
I pretty much always have an event to aim for i just have to be careful not to put too much pressure on myself,then if i 'fail' i tend to give up!

one day at a time, i guess xx

Had another good day food wise and a hectic night at work so hopefully burnt some cals too:D

unfortunately some kind of drunken moron (thanks cheltenham races!) had to go and spoil that! despite me telling him i'm married, not interested, wouldn't touch him with someone elses's etc he still kept trying to grab me and 'chat me up' (he could barely from a sentence) So i decided the mature thing to do is ignore his sorry ass and his not-so-mature response was to start calling me 'fat bum'!!!!:eek:
Now I can normally rise above this kind of behaviour and he was ridiculously drunk but my bum is the only part of my body i'm moderately happy with!!!!! RUDE!

And the best part about it is I've got to go and do it all again today! YAY!!!!:p

So hopefully a busy day so i don't have time to over eat and not too stressful so i come home hungry, angry and ready to binge xx

Back