The Final Stone (ish)

Brilliant news about husband's job :) and pizza is definitely the best food ever to celebrate X

Been a few days since I posted in my diary... had a bad few days end of last week, lots of food no excercise and ended up gaining 3lbs... not very happy!! But entirely my own fault! :)

Saturday was a good day but Sunday had a family meal which was not so good! Today has been much better, had belvita breakfast biscuits, chicken sandwich thin and squares for lunch, bean chilli and diced potatoes for dinner (very bad pic below).

Ran today and did some sit ups, now curled up in the sofa with the dog :)

Will be catching up with everyone's diaries and trying to do damage control for yesterday's meal (and another one planned for Friday!!!)

Xx

Attachments

• IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
Evening all!

Another good day, feeling quite focused.

Calories are 1225, belvita breakfast biscuits, sandwich thin with mayo and chicken, squares, bean chilli and rice, 3 cups of tea and 3 extra strong mints!

No excercise today but hopefully I will either run or go swimming tomorrow. Went for a walk for an hour at lunch today, trying to keep moving everyday! Worried about weigh in this week as two meals out again and really want to loose weight rather than gain again (and preferably loose what I gained last week!!)

Feeling quite huge and want to get a new dress for my xmas party but don't want to get one until I have lost a bit of weight (it's about 3.5 weeks away) so hoping I can lose a bit by then! Can't believe xmas is so close!!

Food sounds great today. And you say no exercise, but an hours walk sounds a lot like exercise to me!

Yeah I can't believe how close it is to Christmas either! 3.5 weeks is definitely enough time to get at least a few pounds off though. And as you're on the final stone that should make a noticeable difference x

An hours walk is definitely exercise :p keep going, you're doing great! xx
Thanks so much!!

Food sounds great today. And you say no exercise, but an hours walk sounds a lot like exercise to me!

Yeah I can't believe how close it is to Christmas either! 3.5 weeks is definitely enough time to get at least a few pounds off though. And as you're on the final stone that should make a noticeable difference x

Thanks - I hope so! I'm not sure I will lose anything this week as I don't look like I have plus the Chinese on Sunday! I also am going out for dinner tomorrow and not many heathy choices but can have fruit to start and will try and skip dessert (and wine)!!!

How are you getting on?

Managed a run last night, 16 minutes running in total now and about half way through c25k! Was supposed to swim but didn't feel like going out!!

Calories came in just under 1200 yesterday but didn't have anything exciting as decided to use up the bean chilli with rice, as it is already there and cheaper than making something else!!!

Tonight I am hopefully going swimming, then having spag Bol from the freezer!! Yum!

I'll hopefully be joining you swimming tonight. It's just harder dragging yourself out to the pool now it's dark! xx
So much!! And cold when you leave the pool! It's only a five minute walk from my house to the pool but feel like forever when you have just stepped out into arctic temperatures!

So no swim tonight as finished work too late, really should have run instead but decided to sit on the sofa lol! Should try to have a run tomorrow before work but dragging myself out of bed early is not appealing now it is cold and dark!!

Calories were 1234 today so just over!

Breakfast was belvita biscuits, lunch was a cheese sandwich thin (with butter as hubs made it and forgot!!), salt and vinegar French fries and dinner was spag Bol which was lovely!! No cheese on it as not enough calories left today!! Pasta has so many calories!! Normally I would have such a big portion, have cut down to 75g- seems so small!!!

Out for dinner tomorrow night, hoping not to go over 1600 calories, have looked at the menu and planned it out so hopefully i can stick to my plan!! X

Ooo good luck if you do manage to drag yourself out for a run! No way I'd manage that.

Hope you have a great meal out. What kind of restaurant are you going to? x

Completely forgot to post on Friday! Out last night so time for a catch up!!

Ooo good luck if you do manage to drag yourself out for a run! No way I'd manage that.

Hope you have a great meal out. What kind of restaurant are you going to? x

Just went to a local pub but they were doing a deal where prosecco was included so ended up having a couple of glasses.... Friday total was around 1800 calories so a bit over what I wanted!

However I had a 2lb loss this week so very happy that the two meals I have had put this week didn't stop me loosing weight!

On Saturday we went to friends and had pizza, cheesecake and vodka! I stuck to just three drinks and half a pizza, plus small side of cheesecake- was lovely!!

Today am back on it, no breakfast as up a bit late and went food shopping. Lunch was a bagel thin (first time I had one - really nice and only 120 cals), with some cheese and tomato plus a bag of kettle chips curls. Dinner was homemade burger (no bun) and slimming world Chips (even tho I am not doing slimming world they are great!!), mayo and ketchup! Photo below but started eating it before I remembered lol! Had some calories spare so will be having a galaxy chocolate bar later! Calories came in at just under 1200.

Hubs has decided he wants to loose weigh as well, so is going to eat 2000 cals a day. Am pleased he is on board as it will make life easier. He wants to go swimming tomorrow which will encourage me to go (I hope!)

Really need to up my excericse this week as keep saying I will go and then don't! Need to get motivated :whacky068::character00116: hehe xxx

Attachments

• IMG_0201.JPG
    IMG_0201.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Good day, went swimming (can only swim for half an hour but will hopefully build up to 45 minutes then an hour).

Breakfast: chocolate belvita and a cup of tea
Lunch: Prawn mayo sandwich thin and Pom bears (loooovvvveeee Pom bears hehe)
Dinner: Homemade Thai sweet potato soup and home made brown butter with butter (yummy!!)

Finished the day on 1203 calories! Hubs is doing great, came swimming and stuck to his calories as well (he has 2000, so basically just bigger portions of same dinner and more snacks).

Tomorrow I am having spaghetti and meatballs, super excited!! I think I am too obsessed with food!! :eatdrink051:

Well done on the swim, I'm sure you'll build up the time in no time.

Oooh that soup sounds yum! Would you mind sharing your recipe please? x

Thanks! It is lovely!! It's on the BBC food website - if you search Thai chicken and sweet potato soup it should come up- however I have adapted it because when I made it once i didn't have every thing I needed, so it's very similar but uses less ingredients.

2tbsp Thai curry paste (recipe says red but I make my own which is green)
500g sweet potato (cut into chunks)
750mls chicken stock (recipe says two stock cubes but I use liquid stock)
160ml can coconut cream

I am not sure about how the flavour will be with shop bought Thai curry paste as I only make me own - so you may find you need the other ingredients in the original recipes or to use more paste with shop bought (depending on how flavourful it is). When I make my own I don't add any oil to the paste so reduces the calories.

Fry the Thai curry paste until it's starts to smell amazing (2-3 mins).
Then add potatoes and stock. Bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer and add coconut cream.
Cook on a low simmer for 15 mins or until potatoes are cooked- usually I find they are well cooked by this point.
Blend with a hand blender and either eat straight away or freeze.
It makes 4 portions (small), which come in at 215 calories or you can double up, make 2 portions which is 430 calories. It is very filling, I normally have it with a couple of slices of bread.

In the recipe you can also add half a shredded chicken breast to each portion (if doing 4) which I sometimes do and then add calories accordingly. I just stir the cooked chicken through at the end to warm it up slightly. I don't think you need the chicken so tend to only use it now when I have left over chicken as opposed to cooking chicken specifically for it!

Let me know if it turns out okay as I never follow recipes properly and love spicy food, so hope it's is okay!! Xx

No swimming today but did last day of week 4 coach to 5k this morning, found it quite hard but was glad I stuck it out!!

Food wise was pretty good today. Peanut butter sandwich thin for breakfast, prawn cocktail sandwich thin and salt and vinegar squares for lunch and home made meatball in a spicy tomato sauce with pasta and Parmesan for dinner (pic below- sorry presentation is rubbish). Total 1208 calories.

Quite hungry tonight and sore from swimming and running. Tomorrow am planning on swimming again provided my legs stop hurting haha!!

No excercise today as very tired! Feel like I have a cold coming!! Hope not!!

Food was pretty good today, breakfast I had some crunchy belvita biscuit, lunch was prawn mayo sandwich and Pom bears, dinner was a bacon hoi sin stir fry with noodles! Got 100 cals left today so might have a special k chewy bar! :)

Feeling rubbish, cold is lingering and stupidly jumped on the scales tonight. I normally weigh about a 1lb more in the evening than the morning and so far have not lost any weight! Since Sunday I have not gone over 1200 cals (if I have it's by 50 cals or so) have been swimming once, run twice and done and once. Super annoying!! Really wanted to have lost weight before my work xmas do so I could get a new dress. That is two weeks away and have two parties before then and a couple of other things going on so doubt I will lose very much. Grrrr. Sorry to moan I'm even annoying myself tonight (and my husband haha).

Anyway get over it!!! Marathon not a sprint and all that!! Did week 5 day day 1 c25k tonight, ran for 6 minutes straight - longest run in a few months so felt pretty good. Three more runs until my "wall" ie where I got stuck last time!! Trying not to think about it too much...

Food today has been good. Breakfast was a belvita soft bake thing, lunch was a cheese and pickle sandwich thin with squares, dinner was jacket spud with beans and cheese. I took a photo in case anyone is really interested.... presentation awful as always haha!

I can't remember if I talked about this before but I decided a while ago that we waste way too much food. So stopped doing a big weekly shop. I used to plan meals, shop accordingly and then not eat anything we had planned and waste all the food. Or it would go off before we got to it. Now I plan my meals and just buy lunch stuff, plus a day or twos meals. Think I am actually saving money which shouldn't be the case but it has really made me use up what I have got rather than buy new stuff. I also think I am eating better because of it.

Have some bacon after the stir fry the other day so think will have a bacon and pea risotto to use it up tomorrow. Planning on swimming but will see how my cold and laziness levels are on a Friday night!! :)

Attachments

• IMG_0228.JPG
    IMG_0228.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Hey, do you 'eat' your exercise calories? If you google 'should i eat exercise calories' it brings up some interesting points about us following mfp 1,200 a day. Your 'NET' calories should never be below this and Ive made this mistake in the past too. Bodies go into starvation mode if it's not getting enough NET.. so we think 1,200 and exercise is amazing but we're still self sabotaging!

Others will disagree and say you shouldn't eat exercise cals but it's food for thought and something to experiment with :) xx

I haven't ever tried that but maybe I should give it a go and see if I loose any more!! Might try one more week as am wondering if it's my new pill - been on it two weeks only and have had horrible side effects so far which are thankfully just dying off!!

Lost 1lb this week but am the same as I was at the beginning of the month but still 3lbs lighter than after my weeks fall off the wagon!! Was disappointed this morning but it's still a loss and only 2lbs off my lowest weight this year.

Cheat meal pizza tonight then back on it tomorrow! Walked about 6 mile today xmas shopping but no other excercise!! X

We all have the occasional pizza, vodka etc. it's how quickly you can get yourself back ON IT which really matters. So I think anyway!

Back