The FlabFighters! - August Challenge

Heey! I lost 1lb this week, quiteee pleased.
Can someone update my stats because im not too good on here :( xxx

Bahhhh, accidentally deleted the whole post while trying to copy the list! :(

I think it was hugs to Emma-Louise for a great loss and hugs to Alice for not being able to break the crappy cycle of a 0.5lb loss every other week...

xxx

Last edited:
Awww, thank you! :D I shall treasure this, hopefully only for the next 35 hours though!

Just noticed from your stats, you're almost halfway to your target! Do you feel any different within yourself? xxx

I feel very different both inside and out. My confidence has definitely taken a leap in the right direction and all the aches I used to get in my back has eased greatly.

I've gone from a 16-18 to a 12-14 and I see a size 10 in my future :D

xxx

We all like food, that's why we're here! How bad was the pig out? And doesn't an Indian tend to give a lot of people a bad stomach? That'd reverse the effect :p hehe! xxx

It was bad, so very, very bad!!!
I am pretty cross with myself. I have done SW a few times before, last time I lost 4 stone in about 6 months. This time I am just all over the place. I know I can do this but at the same time I am REALLY struggling :cry:

I feel very different both inside and out. My confidence has definitely taken a leap in the right direction and all the aches I used to get in my back has eased greatly.

I've gone from a 16-18 to a 12-14 and I see a size 10 in my future :D

xxx

I bet it's such a nice feeling :) I hope my confidence increases too - ever since I can remember I have been the one that sits at the back of everything, the one that refuses to get up and dance, the one that puts a dampener on everything... Well all that is going to change! :D

Yay! I bet you love buying new clothes now ;) xxx

It was bad, so very, very bad!!!
I am pretty cross with myself. I have done SW a few times before, last time I lost 4 stone in about 6 months. This time I am just all over the place. I know I can do this but at the same time I am REALLY struggling :cry:

'You've been a very bad girl, a very, very bad girl Gaga!' ;)

Oh how I wish Indians would give me a bad stomach! Lol, I think I'm immune to it because I AM Indian... Hahaha... Although, eating out at Indian restaurants does set me off... :eek:

Oh pish posh, you can do it! You know you can Sam! Tell me where you're struggling hun :) I'll do anything I can to help you and spur you on!

Good luck for WI tomorrow... I think we'll both need it after the weeks we've had! I'll be waiting to see how you've done so I can do ner-ner-ner-ner-ner in your face! xxx

Hi, I'm new here and I'd love to lose 6 pounds this month, can I still join?

10st10lbs - 6lbs to lose (2lbs lost)
honey74 - 6lbs to lose
RubyMoss - 5lbs to lose (3lb lost)
hastalavegan - 6lbs to lose (2lb lost)
MazzyStar - 8lbs to lose
emma-louise - 6lbs to lose (2lbs lost)
chickyb16
AmyToria - 8lbs to lose (1lb lost)
Belfastbabybear - 8lbs to lose
AlicePalice - 5lbs to lose (0.5lbs lost)
mrsorangecat - 8 lbs to lose
DonnaP - 10lbs to lose, 4lb lost
donnajt - 10lbs to lose (3lbs lost)
Becca306 - 6lbs to lose

So I lost 2lbs at WI today, yay! Club 10 and 1 stone sticker successfully obtained! Walked 1.5km to group and 4.6km back, lots of body magic :D

xxx

Well done you!!
I missed group today as I've literally just walked in from work. But I am planning on being good this week so will hopefully take some off next week.
As for what I am struggling with, well I just keep picking all the time. I think its because I have been a bit short of time and money this last week or so. Usually I would buy loads of fresh fruit to munch on but I haven't been able to do this lately.
I am going to try and go shopping on saturday and get back into good eating habits :)

honey74 - 5lbs to lose (1lb lost)
MazzyStar - 8lbs to lose
chickyb16
Becca306 - 6lbs to lose

Lost 1lb today which i'm pleased about. 1 more pound and I get my club 10 :D

xxx

Well done you!!
I missed group today as I've literally just walked in from work. But I am planning on being good this week so will hopefully take some off next week.
As for what I am struggling with, well I just keep picking all the time. I think its because I have been a bit short of time and money this last week or so. Usually I would buy loads of fresh fruit to munch on but I haven't been able to do this lately.
I am going to try and go shopping on saturday and get back into good eating habits :)

Thanks hun :)

Please please please go next week! I reckon you'll lose my this week's loss + my next week's loss all in one week! So that's definitely 2lbs you'll have off, and hopefully another 2lbs if the scales are kind to me again :)

A lady in group said she was struggling with picking, she said she eats way too many grapes. Another lady said she picks all day while looking after her grand-daughter because she knows she won't have time to cook a nice big meal to sit down to at the end of the day. C said picking used to be her problem too, so she took to using the laptop every night because that was her problem time. Then the first lady said 'when I got the laptop for Xmas, I lost 2lbs every week for 2 months! Then I learnt how to multitask, and now I can type and eat and the same time!'. So solutions...?

- Paint your nails! Keeps your hands busy, then you can't put your fingers in your mouth because the paint might chip or ruin or get into your teeth!

- Drink a glass of water every time you feel you want to munch - it's free! Give it twenty minutes, while you read something or watch something or do something totally un-food related! You'll probably forget about the hunger, and you will have had some of your 2L a day!

Shopping on Saturday sounds like a brilliant idea :) Keep away from the crisps and chocolates and biscuits though! Actually, no, go to the biscuits aisle and pick up some Mikado :) Would you benefit from doing online shopping where you're avoiding walking past all the good offers on things you don't really need? That might help save some lbs, oh I mean £s ;)

xxx

Lost 1lb today which i'm pleased about. 1 more pound and I get my club 10 :D

xxx

Woooo, go honey, go honey, go honey! xxx

I've added myself, sorry I'm late!

MazzyStar - 8lbs to lose
chickyb16
Becca306 - 6lbs to lose
Hathor - 8lbs to lose (2lbs lost)

Well done everyone so far.

-3lb off this week. Delighted. Going for 2lb next week to get my 1 stone sticker. It's going to be a tough week!

MazzyStar - 8lbs to lose
chickyb16
Belfastbabybear - 8lbs to lose (3lbs lost)
Becca306 - 6lbs to lose

Everyone's doing brilliantly I see!
Proud of you all!

I'm lucky - I've found the perfect way to cut down on snacking - I've become completely bone idle. Now I'm far too lazy to get up to get food to eat! Might backfire with the lack of exercise, but I'm going with the flow for now ;)

Proud of you all!

I'm lucky - I've found the perfect way to cut down on snacking - I've become completely bone idle. Now I'm far too lazy to get up to get food to eat! Might backfire with the lack of exercise, but I'm going with the flow for now ;)

rofl! good plan! :D

Thanks hun :)

Please please please go next week! I reckon you'll lose my this week's loss + my next week's loss all in one week! So that's definitely 2lbs you'll have off, and hopefully another 2lbs if the scales are kind to me again :)

Hey chick, I promise I will go next week although I am not holding my breath for a loss of any kind. But hey I have to get back on that horse at some time right! I really want to get my 1 1/2 stone award by the end of this month!
Oh and thank you for the advice I am going to give it a go. I am determined to have a 100% day tomorrow and that should be enough to get me back on track :)

Hello, Hello, Hello!

True to my word, I've *tried* not to let you guys down, and still managed a 1lb loss this week!
I'm really happy with that, after a 60+syn blowout on a night out, copious amounts of scrumpy and a fair few packets of crisps...

RubyMoss - 4lbs to lose (4lb lost)
MazzyStar - 8lbs to lose
chickyb16
Belfastbabybear - 8lbs to lose (3lbs lost)
Becca306 - 6lbs to lose

*sings* Ohh, we're halfway there...

I've added myself, sorry I'm late!

It's never to late to want to lose weight! :) xxx

Well done everyone so far.

-3lb off this week. Delighted. Going for 2lb next week to get my 1 stone sticker. It's going to be a tough week!

Hey you, well done! Really hope you get the 2lbs off this week, then you can take the 1 stone sticker from my sig ;) xxx

Proud of you all!

Ahaha, sounds amazing! I wish I could do that :( If I go into lazy mode, it means watching trashy TV for hours... and trashy TV always has adverts, in which I get bored and so am compelled to get up and walk to the kitchen! xxx

Hey chick, I promise I will go next week although I am not holding my breath for a loss of any kind. But hey I have to get back on that horse at some time right! I really want to get my 1 1/2 stone award by the end of this month!
Oh and thank you for the advice I am going to give it a go. I am determined to have a 100% day tomorrow and that should be enough to get me back on track :)

Hey beautiful, I'm glad you're going next week :) You know you can SO get that sticker by the end of the month, but I might get it before you because I have another 6lbs to lose to get the same one and I think I might just make it! Friendly rivalry works wonders ;)

How have you been since then? Any 100% days to report back? :) xxx

Hello, Hello, Hello!

True to my word, I've *tried* not to let you guys down, and still managed a 1lb loss this week!
I'm really happy with that, after a 60+syn blowout on a night out, copious amounts of scrumpy and a fair few packets of crisps...

*sings* Ohh, we're halfway there...

Hey LJ! You totally destroy my faith in SW sometimes, haha... I really do wonder what you get up to when you're drunk, because you have the syns but then you don't gain! Maybe you go for really really really really really long runs and burn it all off? Lol!

I has a feeling you is going to ACE this month's challenge cause you has another three weigh ins left for August! xxx

Hey LJ! You totally destroy my faith in SW sometimes, haha... I really do wonder what you get up to when you're drunk, because you have the syns but then you don't gain! Maybe you go for really really really really really long runs and burn it all off? Lol!

I has a feeling you is going to ACE this month's challenge cause you has another three weigh ins left for August! xxx

Tbh, I destroy my faith in ME sometimes! Haha!
And now we know that I most certainly do not go for a run... at most I waddle... although I do seem to wander drunkenly round town quite often...

You never know, it might all catch up with me this week and I'll have a gain, but nevermind! Gonna try for another 100% week, because the last time I did I lost 3lbs! Let see eh?!

xxxxxxxx

Tbh, I destroy my faith in ME sometimes! Haha!
And now we know that I most certainly do not go for a run... at most I waddle... although I do seem to wander drunkenly round town quite often...

You never know, it might all catch up with me this week and I'll have a gain, but nevermind! Gonna try for another 100% week, because the last time I did I lost 3lbs! Let see eh?!

xxxxxxxx

Lol, I saw your drunken post from McD's the other day, it was quite funny! I wonder what I'd do if I ever got drunk :rolleyes: A girl I went to high school with sent me a facebook message early one morning, I was a bit confused because we hadn't spoken in years - it was a copy&paste of a conversation she'd had with her boyfriend on fbchat while she was drunk... and he was sober... and it was hilarious!

xxx

Back