The future...how to change your lifestyle? Please share!!

What I like the sound of with gi maintenance,is that you are restricting the amount of carbs you eat.

I don't think it's necessarily low carb, more about chosing the right carbs.

I have learned that too many carbs seems to make you hungry,but apparently eating a low gi diet means you feel fuller for longer because your glucose levels are more balanced.

Yep...that's it and assuming you only eat when you are hungry, it would work well.

There is a good chance that it would help reduce cravings, which is another bonus.

Whatever works eh, as long as you are getting a healthy balance. Personally, it wouldn't have fitted in with my lifestyle, so I didn't do it, but it may be perfect for you and you wont know until you try :)

I think maintenance is all about 'tweaking'

To maintain successfully, you have to find your own way and there's a good chance that it'll be different from everybody elses method. You'll invent your own lifestyle change over time and then it'll be perfect for you and you will be able to keep it going forever :)

I hope that when I'm maintaining, that I'll correct any small increases before they become big ones!

Mine is, never buy black again!!! i have since bought a purple coat, i have bought a beige summer jacket, i buy now all bright colours, black is what we wear when hiding, or in mourning, i don't want to hide anymore!

Hi,

I'm only on Week 2 of SS but already I know the BIG learning for me is portion sizes, as well as the things others have said about "treats" not really being a treat if you have them every other day!

J

Back