Total Solution The Girl with the Koi Tattoo

The_Duchess

So I’m starting Exante in earnest today.

Eight and a half years ago I first experienced freedom from fat when I successfully ‘did’ Lighter Life. Six months later and six stone had disappeared. It was incredibly hard work but I stuck to it day in day out, through trials and tribulations. That was my first encounter with VLCD’s and I couldn’t believe I had never heard of them before. I had spent so many years hating myself. Hating myself for being fat and not being able to lose the excess weight. This was not made any easier by my husband (now ex), asking me constantly when I was going to do something about this fat, in particular my belly, which he said had a life of its own. It was incredibly hurtful to hear this and feel his distaste for my overweight body.

So I found out about Lighter Life, followed it to the letter and became a butterfly. I found a whole new confidence with a 9 stone body. My social life improved, I found new friends, I felt happy and confident. I became a gym bunny and enjoyed showing off my new body in Lycra. The gym became something of an obsession, but I saw it as a healthy obsession. My marriage appeared to be going well, we had a third baby. Of course I put on weight whilst pregnant the, but managed to lose it pretty swiftly with the help of gall stones and a very low fat diet! It’s easy not to eat when eating results in crippling pain.

After my gall bladder removal, I controlled my weight fluctuations with the gym and the Cambridge Diet and became a consultant, therefore earning money and keeping my weight under control at the same time. A number of life events lead to more weight gain; emotional domestic abuse, divorce, mental illness. The Cambridge Diet was losing and compulsive binge eating was winning. I was losing interest in the gym. At least I was a reasonable weight for my height, if not happy, I could hide the extra bulk under selective clothing. Then I dislocated my elbow after a fall and that was it. I stopped going to the gym. I was incapacitated at home, eating junk and drinking wine. The weight piled on.

One year later after my dislocated elbow, I am at least three stone heavier and so depressed I struggle to get up. I’m on a lot of medication for my depression and mood disorder, but I refuse to use this as an excuse for my weight gain. My psychiatrist has prescribed “exercise on prescription”, which is great, when I can motivate myself for the gym! However, heaving my bulk into my previously beloved Lycra and onto an exercise bike is not pleasant or comfortable and not easy. I often choose bed over the gym.

I cannot continue like this. The only viable option left is to lose weight. I have three kids so giving up on life is not an option. So I am doing a VLCD again. Exante. This is the start of my next journey.

Hi Duchess, welcome and good luck. We can do this! xx

Reactions: Les
Back