The Good, The Bad & The Junk Food

xianaleigh

Hi all,

I thought it was about time I started my own weight loss diary, mostly for my own motivation and encouragement, but also so any of you who feel interested to have a read/giggle/despair/sympathise with my week to week experiences and struggles.

Where do I start? From the start? Ok! So I'm 5'1" and a bit (and yes the but does count), I'm not short, I'm fun sized!! I'm 24, live in Lancashire and I currently weigh 11 stone 8lb and counting! I was 13 stone 7 at my heaviest and extremely unhappy! I got down to 10 stone 5lb at my lightest, mainly due to rapid weight loss caused by sudden appearance of Gallstones! Which were swiftly removed (along with my Gallbladder) after being admitted to hospital on discovery that the stones had travelled and caused pancreatitis. It had put me in a pretty bad way (not that the misery of hardly being able to eat anything without the onslaught of an attack wasn't enough), and caused me to miss my Brothers, Mums and Dads (40th) birthday! However I was that happy to be released and able to eat things again, I foolishly and gleefully stuffed my face with junk food over the months and stacked my weight back up to 12st 1lb!

So this brings me to where I am now! Since around March this year I have managed to get down to around 11st 3lb at my lightest this year! Enough is enough now, I've really gone round the houses to get anywhere close to my target this time and I think it's about time I stopped and did something!

I'm following Slimming World, I love the plan and it's the only plan I have ever followed, I've never done any other diet or plan and don't really wish to, it definitely works for me, it's just that I an be my own worst enemy!

I've just applied to be a Slimming World consultant (wish me luck) and have heard that many consultants struggle to lose weight/put weight on due to how time consuming being a consultant can be (bearing in mind that I already work a 48 hour week!). Have any of you experienced this? I'm waiting to hear back to see if I am able to attend an interview, so fingers crossed!

Well that's pretty much everything up to date! I'm going to try and update this diary as often as I can and be honest with myself and all of you, then maybe we can see where I am going wrong, like today for example... Talking with the girls at work about how rock hard we want our abs to be and simultaneously reaching for the box of thorntons chocs!! ??

Thanks for reading any of you that do and it's be great to hear about you and your story too!!

Love Xia!

Welcome xia!

We have a similar start weight and I'm only a bit taller than you. What is your target weight?

I was 11st 6 in March and got down to 10st 6 by first week in June - now 9st 2. Around another stone to go I think, or maybe 10 pounds.

It's bloody hard work but my god it's worth it. My life has totally changed - no joke. I just regret not doing it 5 years ago!!

Very best of luck x

Welcome xia! We have a similar start weight and I'm only a bit taller than you. What is your target weight? I was 11st 6 in March and got down to 10st 6 by first week in June - now 9st 2. Around another stone to go I think, or maybe 10 pounds. It's bloody hard work but my god it's worth it. My life has totally changed - no joke. I just regret not doing it 5 years ago!! Very best of luck x

Hi Blondcat!

Thanks for your message, you've done brilliantly! Well done you! How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

It's each to their own I guess to see what goal weight you want to get to, I'd like to get to probably a similar weight to your goal weight really! Before I have kids preferably ?

Have you lost the weight with Slimming World? I bet you have so much more confidence now?

Hi Blondcat! Thanks for your message, you've done brilliantly! Well done you! How old are you if you don't mind me asking? It's each to their own I guess to see what goal weight you want to get to, I'd like to get to probably a similar weight to your goal weight really! Before I have kids preferably ? Have you lost the weight with Slimming World? I bet you have so much more confidence now?

I'm 34 but have a 17 year old :) Done it calorie counting, but actually a fan of SW as think it teaches you to eat normally and favour high quality food (veggies etc) over the crap. I have so much more confidence now. Of course there's things I'd like to change - ditch the stretch marks on my hips, have flawless skin on my face, thicker hair. You know - the usual!! But I feel a million times better. The difference for me between 10st 6 and 9st 2 is unreal. You'll feel the same too :))

I'm 34 but have a 17 year old :) Done it calorie counting, but actually a fan of SW as think it teaches you to eat normally and favour high quality food (veggies etc) over the crap. I have so much more confidence now. Of course there's things I'd like to change - ditch the stretch marks on my hips, have flawless skin on my face, thicker hair. You know - the usual!! But I feel a million times better. The difference for me between 10st 6 and 9st 2 is unreal. You'll feel the same too :))

Yeah I definitely want to drop the weight before I even think about kids, I hear how so many women struggle once that baby weight is on! And I definitely won't be sucked in to believing I have to eat for two ?

I don't think we're ever 100% happy with how we look? (Stretch marks warts and all!) but the important thing is what we've changed to make ourselves happy and you've done so well! I cannot wait to get to the 10st-9st bracket!

Are you adamant that you need to leave that 9st bracket then? How have you kept yourself motivated throughout?

yes - I'm adamant!!! hahah - I'll tell you why.

I want to be able to sit down and not have a spare tyre (even though my current spare tyre isn't that big anymore!). I know it will never be totally flat unless I'm teeny tiny but much smaller than now would be nice. Also - I've started to see some muscle definition on my stomach. Particularly at the top. I don't want a rippled six pack but I would love that definition on my whole stomach. And I think I need to lose another 10pounds to achieve that - that would be my guess anyway.

The motivation thing is weird. I've never been a yo yo dieter or anything like that. I was slim until i was about 28-29 then got progressively heavier until I hit about 12stone. Often started diets on a monday but was always off them by thursday - so not really dieting at all and wasn't actually on a diet - as in not calorie counting / SW / WW etc. Just convincing myself I wasn't eating as much (I was).

Then one day I woke up and just thought, I want to be slim. Literally was out of no where / overnight. Just happened. That was around end of March time when I'd already got down to 11st 6 after 5 months of exercise but doing nothing about food. The motivation comes from wanting it more than anything. And I really do. I don't think you can force yourself - I think you either really want it or you don't. You see it on here all the time - people who aren't really committed to it. And that's totally fine - it's just not their time. It's not until you really want it that it will happen because it's bloody hard at any size to lose weight.

Honestly seeing clothes that have never fit me starting to fit is addictive and walking into a shop, picking up a size 10 and knowing it's going to fit is magic. Seeing pictures of yourself where you look slimmer still makes me want to cry with happiness. I never realised how much it had affected my confidence - and how much it spurs you on.

I expect you have experienced some of this already - there is a big difference between 13st 6 and 11st 6. But for you, there will be an unreal difference between 11st 6 and 9st 6. I feel really excited for you as I know how good it feels :D

The dreaded tyre! I feel exactly the same, it makes you feel so self conscious in so many situations!

I can't wait until I can just walk in to shops and pick up things without trying them on, you must be so proud of yourself, I hope the rest of your journey is plain sailing! Have you put a deadline on it or are you just happy to get there when you get there?

Yeah there has been a massive difference between 13st 6 and 11st 6 but even when I'd got down to 10st 5 I still felt I had quite a long way to go, so hopefully we will see how I get on, time to get moving as I'm very motivated at the moment so I think it's my time! ?

Well today I had my interview to potentially come a SW consultant. I'm hoping I did well in the interview but won't find out for another 3-4 working days!

My nerves weren't helped when I was crashed into at some traffic lights on the way there!

Hopefully I'll be able to update this diary soon with the news!

X

Good luck that's sounds awesome was it a long interview :)

Well today I had my interview to potentially come a SW consultant. I'm hoping I did well in the interview but won't find out for another 3-4 working days! My nerves weren't helped when I was crashed into at some traffic lights on the way there! Hopefully I'll be able to update this diary soon with the news! X

Ooh exciting - good luck!!

How is diet going?

Back