The Gossip Dieter

Sounds like a fun weekend :) good idea to keep swimming and its good that the wee one enjoys it too!

I go through phases too, this time of the year, im becoming a little obsessed with heathy homemade lentil and carrot soup!..and veggie casseroles.

have a lovely day x

Hey Williamsmummy
You're doing so well on your plan! I did do the Rosemary Conley low gi diet a few years ago when I was in the UK & did a circuits class but didn't see the kind of results you are seeing - well done you!! It is great when you find a way of eating that suits you & works with such good results that keep you motivated & are easy to fit in with the family too!
How did your WI go last night?

TT
xx

Hi all :wavey:

Hope everyone is having a great week. Last nights weigh in showed another 1lb loss. I won't lie, I was a little bit disappointed, I ate really well, stuck to my calories etc. and had hoped I might have made at least 2lb. However at the end of the day it's still a loss and brings my total to -23lbs :) not too bad at all really :D

I'm feeling a little...wound up at the moment. That makes eating hard for me, not in a "I've lost my appetite" way but in a "GIVE ME CHOCOLATE" kinda way. Eating for me is so closely linked with emotions that it is a hard and ongoing battle to not eat to fix a problem or to celebrate something. The reason I'm wound up is to do with parenting. I'm hurt that people I counted as friends are talking about certain ways of raising children (ways that I use!) as "wrong" and that the parent is "forcing and pushing" making the child "afraid and insecure". Now I look at my little man and I KNOW he isn't either of those and I KNOW that I have not forced or pushed him in anyway at all, but still...to realise that you misjudged friends so badly, it hurts, a lot. Trouble is parenting and your children is such a touchy subject. It always seems to bring the worst out in people. I need to just get over it really, I feel like I'm doing my best by my boy and he really is a lovely lad (if I do say so myself lol) - the proof is in the pudding as they say. MMMMM Pudding ;)

Anyway, hope you don't mind my little rant there, it has made me feel better and I promise a more positive post next time.

I wouldn't have said 23lb was bad either!!

Sorry your friends aren't being as supportive as you would like. If your ways work and your son is happy, that is all that matters. Sending you hugs xx

Hi all!

Well I'm feeling much cheerier today :D so that's good.

Food wise - did ok, within my calorie limit but felt I ate way too many carbs, I log everything on my fitnesspal, usually on my ipod touch and I really only look at fat and calories but today I logged it on my computer (via myfitnesspal) and noticed that my carb intake was above my recommendation.
I'm certainly not into low carb diets (I LOVE wraps and bread too much for that!) but I have noticed that when my carb intake is too high I get bloated etc. So for the next few days I'm going to cut back on bread/wraps/low fat pretzels and add a few more green veggies in to my day. After all, green veggies are good for you!

Tonights dinner was a success plus it was quick to make - just the time it takes to boil pasta. I set the pasta on to cook and then in another pan, cooked some courgettes for a couple of minutes in a tiny amount of olive oil, then added in about 150g of Philadelphia light cheese, some thyme, coriander, black pepper and oregano plus a dash of milk to make a low fat creamy sauce. A few minutes before the pasta was done I added some frozen peas and fresh broccoli florets in to the water to cook. When they were done I drained them, added them to the creamy sauce and...DONE! :D All the boys in my house enjoyed it so that one is going on the weekly menus.

Right, we have just received our rental copy of Just Dance 3 from LoveFilm so I'm off to give it a go!

Have a great evening all.

Well done on your loss, another 1lb melting off!!!

how you raise your wee boy is your business, don't worry what others say, if he is a happy and contented boy. then..job done!!! :)

have a lovey weekend hun x

Well done on your loss, another 1lb melting off!!!

how you raise your wee boy is your business, don't worry what others say, if he is a happy and contented boy. then..job done!!! :)

have a lovey weekend hun x

He wasn't so happy this morning when I insisted I hadn't ordered the Graze box for him to eat and he had to share the contents with Mummy and Daddy ;) at least he' s a big fan of fruit! He's a good little boy though so I am happy with that :D

It's official! I LOVE Just Dance 3. We got it for our xbox kinect, which in truth hasn't been used much since we purchased it months ago. We have borrowed Just Dance from LoveFilm but I think it's a game we are going to have to buy. I love the song choices on there, I love the dances, I love the crazy characters and backgrounds. It ticks all the boxes for an excellent dance game. I like it much more than my Zumba game, the moves on that are just to complicated for me, strange really as I manage all the moves in my Zumba class :sigh:

We are attending a birthday party tomorrow, one of The Toddlers little friends is turning three, I first met him when he was 9 months old, they grow so quickly. Apparently there is food being laid on for kids AND adults, traditional party food. Luckily my friend won't mind a bit if I fill up on a healthy lunch at home beforehand and leave the party foods to everyone else. I have some good friends.

My favourite food at parties? CAKE! What's yours?

Evening all,

I hope you're all having a great weekend so far. My Saturday has been very quiet. The Toddler has spent the day with his grandparents so I took the opportunity to go to the gym in the afternoon rather than trying to squeeze it in around child, husband, house and work commitments. It was nice :) I walked/jogged for 30 minutes (1 minute of jogging for every 4 minutes of walking) and managed a 15 minute mile. Down from 19:00 minute miles when I first started at the gym.

After my workout, I came home and cooked dinner. I really liked this one and it was very simple to make:

1 medium onion, diced
1 large sweet potato, cubed
Half head cauliflower
3 large handfuls of spinach
100g Red lentils
1 tin plum tomatoes
200ml Veggie Stock
1tsp Garam Masala
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2inch piece giner, grated
1/2 tsp tumeric
Small amount of olive oil

Heat the oil and then cook the onions along with the garlic, ginger, tumeric and garam masala. Cook until onions are browned. Add the tomatoes, stock, sweet potato, cauliflower and lentils to the pan, bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer. Cook until the potato is tender. Add in the spinach and simmer until it has wilted. Simmer for a bit longer if the sauce is too thin for your liking, it should thicken.

This should make about 3 large servings with each serving equalling about 300 calories. I had mine with half a naan bread.

Morning WM, well done on the running at the gym, sounds like you're doing well. Is it today you are going to the kids party? Have a good day xx

Morning, food sounded so yummy!!! :)

Great idea to exercise while you have some time all to yourself! well done :)

My fave party food..anything savoury..one of my big downfalls in life! hee hee

Have a great sunday x

Morning WM, well done on the running at the gym, sounds like you're doing well. Is it today you are going to the kids party? Have a good day xx

Yes it was party day today :) everything seemed to end up being a bit of a rush and I was 30 minutes late getting to the party, my friend didn't mind luckily :eek: She has put on a HUGE spread and the children had a great time eating as many sweets and biscuits as they could.

For the adults my friend had baked some jacket potatoes and made a huge pot of chilli :D I was really pleased because all I had up until this point, about 4pm, was half a naan bread and some chicken. Like I said, day turned out to be all weird time and food wise. So I thoroughly enjoyed my potato, haven't had one in ages. Forgot how good they are.

Met another woman there with a little girl about 6 months older than The Toddler. We spent most of the time gabbing to each other, mostly about the births of our children. It's a strange thing I've noticed, when mothers meet each other for the first time they compare birth stories, in rather a lot of detail. Strange. :rolleyes:

I don't remember if I mentioned on here but I am flying to California with The Toddler on boxing day. My bestfriend lives there with her family and I haven't seen them in nearly four years. Super excited for that. Also very nervous because of the flight because a) Toddler has NEVER flown and I'm taking him (without Daddy who he adores!) on a long haul flight and b) scared the seat belt won't fit because I'm so big :confused: it fit last time but I was about 25-30lbs lighter than I am now. Not much I can do :sigh: except try and shift a few more pounds before then!

Oooh California, how exciting! I'm sure you'll be fine with the seat belt and as you say, you have a few weeks yet to lose a few pound. The jacket potato sounds nice (I have at least two a week, I love them!) but not sure about the chilli bit!!

Hope you're having a good day xx

Ooooh California will be amazing! I'm so jealous.

Don't stress about the seatbelt, they're adjustable and it's another 5/6 weeks away so plenty of time to lose a few more pounds :)

How exciting for you hun :) Don't worry about seatbelt, even if you do need an extension, i'm sure you won't be the only one, and it is done discreetly :)..i bet you'll be fine though!
Your wee toddler will more than likely fall asleep for part of the flight, and just pack some little toys or books into your hand luggage for him, and something to chew on take off and landing?...to protect his wee ears! Unsure of his age, does he have a bottle or dummy..or chewy sweets?
What a lovely time of the year to go off travelling, i'm envious! ;)

Back