the half blood prince

swifted

any fans been to see it yet?

i went on wednesday and loved every second of it (even if the ending may have been a tad bit weak).l
people said it's a bit darker than most of the other films but i think it was the oppisite, all the love and hormones definetley kept it light amongst the darker bits.
defo the best of the harry potter films so far!

I agree. I actually enjoyed the awkwardy puberty bits. It reminded me so much of year10/11 at school. Some ofthe things they said and did could have been taken straight from my old classroom.

I read the first 3 books and was disappointed with the films. Now the films were great BUT NO film that is 2.5 hours long is going to match a 500 page book. So I decided to read the rest of the books after the films. SO I have no idea what happens in HP now. So I thouroghly enjoyed the Half Blood Prince.

Yeh me too. Harry Potter wont be the same without old DD

I liked the film although I was a bit disappointed at the end, although based on how much I cried when I read the book I don't think I could have handled watching Dumbledore's funeral. I do think that the amount of character development they have cut out will make the final two films not make a huge amount of sense. I really want to re-read the books but I have a stack of other books I have vowed to read first!

I liked the film although I was a bit disappointed at the end, although based on how much I cried when I read the book I don't think I could have handled watching Dumbledore's funeral. I do think that the amount of character development they have cut out will make the final two films not make a huge amount of sense. I really want to re-read the books but I have a stack of other books I have vowed to read first!

I've seen it twice now - and thoroughly enjoyed it, but did feel there was something missing....wasn't sure what, so have now re-read the book, and am completely confused as to how they're going to do the last two films now!?!! Soooo many vital things omitted.... Have nearly finished re-reading Deathly Hallows now, too, and all of the important bits (apart from the H's) are missing from the Halfblood Prince film, so how are they going to introduce them to the final films???? :confused: Time will tell, I suppose.....

(Have really enjoyed re-reading the books though :D)

I enjoyed it as a film in its own right however it takes dreadful liberties with the book & I also agree with kopcat that key themes over Tom Riddle's & indeed Snape's past were sadly sadly missed... I was so looking forward to seeing the Gaunts... booo...

PS The kids still can't act either....

Thats what annoyed me I mean the book was all about Harry needing to understand Voldemort/Tom Riddle in order to defeat him yet all of that was cut out. They are splitting the final book over two films so hopefully they'll add more stuff in. I know they've filmed scenes at Shell Cottage yet the whole back story of Bill and Fleur was completely missed out of this film. And what about Dobby and Kreacher??? It seem stupid to cut out so many characters when many of them are important for the story.

I'm not a huge fan of the Harry Potter franchise but I did go and see the movie and did enjoy it. The visual effects were stunning, however I felt the acting was a bit lacking in parts and the characters were not as developed as they usually are in the books.
Not enough time was taken for character development and it was more focused on action and trying to get to the conclusion.
Although I am looking forward to the next movies.

I adore the Harry Potter books and I understand that they needed to cut bits of the book out to make this fim but they really needed to keep the stuff about Tom Riddle's history.
Also I haven't read the book in a while but I don't remember that happening at the Burrow...

LOVE Harry Potter- read all the books (twice lol) and have all the DVDs so far- I did really enjoy the Half Blood Prince but i agree with alot of people on here, I do think that they missed some really important things out and i do think they could have made the ending a little more dramatic / exciting!
I just cant wait for the last 2 now, cant wait to see how they put the Deathly Hollows into the films, so much information so i hope they do it right!!!

Sammy x

Back