The Happy Clappy CD1000ers ♥

sounds like itcould work well for you then :) by the way I have to apologise, at some point in some post I referred to you as being from holland and% have no idea why, in my head you've always been from holland which just goes to show that I don't pay enough attention! Sorry about that, hope I didn't offend!! Congrats again on your pregnancy x

Ash that could have been it, it doesn't take much to confuse ne at the best of times!

Is anyone moving up a step this week or are you staying on step 3? I'm not sure, think I might move up on monday?? I'm becoming less and less reliant on the cd products, so I'm guessing the steps are working.

If I'm honest I don't stick to the book 100% but then I've never been one for 2 tablespoons of veg, have always gone over that. Also because I've always had milk on ss +, plus the 200 cal meal, now milk is allowed I have the yoghurt allowance too! Step 4 is a bit vague in the book so I think I'll be improvising there too, basically just carry on what I'm doing but have a bit more food at lunchtime! I don't think these higher steps are very well written in the book, but ok as a rough guide I guess.

How are you all going this week? What days do you weigh in again? I've got my wi monday and I'm going for a 3lb loss to take me to target of a lower than 25 bmi :) then I'm living my target down 12lbs xxx

Go violet. You are amazing. Woohoo happy happy :) :) :)

I on the other hand have been rubbish at my diet since Thursday. Weighed myself this morning and put 2lbs back on so up to 11 again. I did say I wouldn't beat myself up if I gained a few with all the busyness and eating out but now I just gotta curb it a little and keep level for a bit.

I agree the higher plans aren't well written or easy to follow. Im using 1 Cambridge product and counting my calories to make sure I don't go over 15-1700 a day. Then next Monday I'll be back on the proper plan to get me to goal then work back up again properly from there.

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So rubbish weigh in yet again. Fed up of this. Worked out in my diary that i've only lost 11lbs in nearly two months.

I've only lost 14lbs been up and down holiday gain lose gain lose maintain since the 2nd July. SORT IT OUT NAT.aghhhhh so I totally know how you feel. Little weekend away this fri-sun and going to London tomorrow for the night being taken for a meal then from Monday I am giving myself 4 weeks to get to target and STAY THERE FOREVER!!! Let's do this once and for all.

Hope everyone is doing ok :)

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello Ladies,

Violet - well done on your losses - Nearly at goal...that is fantastic:D:clap:

Nat - hope you have/had a lovely time away and I'm sure you will be able to reach your goal in no time.

Illa - welcome to our little club and congrats on your pregnancy:):family2:

Sapphireblue - don't worry about the sts...it will all come good I am sure - are you still losing inches? here's a hug for you anyway:hug99:

As for me....I have been rubbish this last week and went completely off the rails - perversely because I had TOTM just after finding out that my twin sister is newly pregnant:help2: We also went visiting relatives in Northumberland and I found it hard to drink all the water and travel in the car so didn't bother with water or diet if I'm honest.:cry:

I had said that I want to be pregnant before the end of the year if it is going to happen as time is now not on my side. She has got back problems so had resigned herself to the fact that she would have to wait a while and them bammmmm she is now 7 weeks.
Don't get me wrong, I am soooooo happy for them and I know that I can still try and get pregnant before the end of the year but the green eyed monster really got me when I came on last week and I went into a carb spiral:sigh: and funnily enough we were both pregnant at the same time 3 years ago!

Work is also really busy and we have an ISO9001 certification audit tomorrow and I am a little stressed as I am supposed to be the Quality Manager and therefore it is my responsibility to ensure that everyone adheres to the procedures. For a little company we do have a lot of stupid personnel issues and personality clashes!!!

Anyway, my scales show an increase of 4lbs so I am back on SS for a while to try and kickstart things again. then back to 810 for a week and then 1000 etc. I agree that the next steps are vague too:confused:

Good luck to everyone this week.

Take care

thanks for the hug!

i've lost inches a bit but not loads and not in the last two weeks. it's really frustrating because i really wanted to get to goal before Christmas, then if there was a bit of a gain over the break it would hopefully not be too hard to get back down in jan.

but now i feel like i've no chance of losing any more weight this year, as i plan to go up to steps4/5 at the start of December anyway to ease myself into going off plan over the holidays.

i just can't understand why i'm not losing the last couple of months when i've been 98% on it. my CDC has suggested i go up to step 4 early but i can't believe that will help. i'm only a stone from goal but my goal is high (BMI 25) so it's not a case of being harder to lose because at a lower weight, as my weight isn't low!

i feel like the only way to lose is to go back down to SS/SS+, but i really don't have the motivation to do that after being on it for so long before (5 months) and having mentally prepared for coming off the diet until new year.

i could go back down to SS for three weeks (until i need to come back up for social stuff). the trouble is those three weeks are going to be absolute hell at work and feeling really tired all the time is the last thing i need.

the other option is to really increase the exercise more than my original plan of increasing it, but my ****ed knee and lack of free time means i won't necessarily be able to do it.

so torn. i know i've lost a lot of weight and i should be happy but being so close to goal and having to put reaching it on hold til next year is so annoying, but making a final SS push will make the last month of a project from hell even more hellish. arrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!

i am not a happy clapper today :(

well, i've made a decision to have a sneaky week and a half on SS+ starting next sat.
it's only a week and a half due to two meals i've agreed to do on either end, and although i could SS+ on them, i don't want to! it also means i'll come back up to step3 for the last week and a half of my project at work so if i'm flagging during SS+ i know it's only for a limited time.

i know i'll probably gain on my first week back up to step3 but as long as i lose ANY weight whilst on SS+ i'll cope. back when i had a 5 day planned break from SS i only put on 7lb and that was a full on 5days off, i hope to lose at least 4lbs on SS+ and put back on no more than 2lbs when i step back up.

plus i'm going to be a bit stricter on step3 before and after SS+ until at least mid-December, keep an eye on the dinner portion sizes and maybe reduce a tiny bit because it seems like such a big meal compared with the other stuff you're allowed (tiny portion of cereal for breakfast and lettuce for lunch!).

8lbs off for me this week - back on track now so will do a couple of weeks 810 then back to 1000:D

LENNY4974 said:
8lbs off for me this week - back on track now so will do a couple of weeks 810 then back to 1000:D

Whaaaaaaaaaat! How did you manage that? Did you do that cheeky ss week? Ooh maybe I should too! I wanna lose 8lbs! I'm grateful for 1lb loss at the mo! Well done x

Yep - you gotta love SS:D

My CDC did advise it though!

well done! my CDC is advising me to go UP a step - yeah i really don't think that will help.
however, i'm now reconsidering going back down to SS at the weekend because i seem to have abruptly gone down a couple of pounds. only on my unofficial weigh-in, but it's the first loss i've had on unoffical weigh-ins in like a month. it could be that it took me a whole month to adjust to reintroducing carbs and my body's only just noticed that actually, i am still on a diet.

my thoughts now are to wait until my monday weigh-in and if i haven't lost a decent amount (more than 3lbs) then i can still go back to SS the next day and do a couple of weeks, but if i do have a good loss, it might be better to stay on step3.

am concerned that although i might have a good loss on a couple of weeks back down, it's not guaranteed. and i'll go through the same horrible process of adjusting back to carbs afterwards. plus i plan to go back to SS for as long as necessary in the new year anyway, so i could be putting my body through a down and back up again process twice in a few months.

the important thing is to lose a bit more weight before Christmas, so will probably just power through on step 3 if i manage a good loss at weigh-in.

I really get what you are saying about having to do the steps again and all the adjustment :rolleyes:

I wasn't sure about going back to SS and I know I've got to go back up but I don't feel that I was actually in the right place to move up when I did - the carbs were just too much for me then and I was running out of patience with the gaining and sts :sigh: I moved up then for financial reasons.

I agree with Violet that you shouldn't move up until you are within 7 - 8 lbs of goal.

My goal is still classed as "overweight" - just! So maybe I need to rethink that but I am actually quite happy at this current size - I do need to do more exercise....I even bought the Shred DVD that you have all been raving about but as yet haven't found time to watch it let alone give it a try:eek:

Everyone keeps telling me that I shouldn't lose any more and once I was back in my size 12's it became harder to stick to the diet. I know that I need to do the maintenance otherwise I won't learn anything and I'll be back here in the future :confused:

I need to learn to be patient with the steps and give them a chance to work.

I have a few things arranged over Christmas and I want to be back on the carbs by then so I will give 810 two weeks and then go to 1000 no matter what - I always feel guilty when I go to my CDC and STS, as if I have to justify why and sometimes you just can't!

Anyway I need to go and give Charlie his bath, so I will be off.

SO SO Sorry for the long whinge:eek:

Take care all xxx

Last edited:
OMG just noticed your signature Sapphire - Well done on the 4lbs this week - obviously patience is the key to the steps.

:talk017:

Take care and good luck for next week XX

Thanks so much for the support. :)

Your plan sounds like a good one. If i hadn't already come up to step3 i would probably be timing coming up at the same rate to be off for Christmas.

Tbh i'm expecting to go back on SS+ in the new year to undo the damage from the hols, and this time i will stay down until almost at target, then if i manage to lose any more coming up it will be a bonus!

I lost 2lbs this week and I'm now back in the 10 stone bracket and back to my pre-pregnancy weight:D

Back