The human body is a wonderful thing

Spinoza

Never give up
15 months ago I was in training to run a half marathon - doing about 20 miles running per week - I had been running for 10 years on and off.

I then did my back in very spectacularly, was confined to bed and then on crutches for a month, and getting physio for some time after that. I luckily recovered fully, but gained over two stones in weight, and was so afraid of hurting my back again that I did no exercise whatsoever in that time.

In June I did a 10 mile walk for charity in just over two hours, after only 4 training walks - the longest being 4 miles.

Anyway, I've lost a bit on TFR, and decided it's time to get fit again, so last Sunday I went out and walked 4.4 miles. I've been on a treadmill twice since, tried a little jog for a few minutes each time, and this morning went out again and RAN the 4.4 miles! Well, crawled it would be more accurate. But I was like a dog with two tails when I got back!

Can't believe I could get back to it as quickly as that. Legs are killing me of course, but suddenly everything which has been out of reach and frustrating me is do-able again!

Just thought I would share. :D

Has anyone else noticed fantastic improvements in their fitness as their weight decreases? Or even little but significant ones?

Well done you, bet that feels great!
I couldn't run at all before I started LT. Now go to the gym a couple of times a week, and can jog for 10-15 mins on the treadmill, which is amazing for me! I think losing the weight makes you feel so good anything seems possible!
So glad you are doing so well on this, see you at the Marathon next year!

Nice story, well done, for me its just simple stuff like walking up stairs, my knees dont have to take so much weight and i can really feel it...

Well done on that, it is so nice when we can really feel the difference that losing the weight makes. I love my badminton and can run around a court like a loony now compared to when I was heavier, I just wouldn't even bother trying!! I also do 20 mins on the exercise bike at the gym to warm up and have never been able to do that long before. It's all good and it can only get better!!

Nope lol, but I do feel much better, more alert and the skin on my face is looking clear and fresh. Anyways thats great for you ww!!

Back