The Journey Begins

Im sorry youve had a tough week Disappearing_Di. Mines been difficult too. I had pizza on Friday night...

You’d think with the weather being so hot, things would be easier, but I think its just making me bad tempered, which I would normally deal with by eating or drinking.

Its my birthday tomorrow and I’m going out for a meal with my husband and daughters (one I don’t see very often). I already know its going to be really really hard. They're not unsupportive, but the daughter I don’t see much is already saying ‘one meal won’t hurt’, and it probably wouldn’t IF I had the will power to stop at one meal...

I definitely get what you mean with the weather, I’m not enjoying the heat at all. Hope you enjoyed your meal out and that you’ve been able to stay on track, congratulations on your losses so far - don’t let the amount you still have to lose make you lose sight of how far you’ve already come!

I totally forgot about this thread.

Since I last updated I’ve started going to slimming world (before I was just following from an old book). I nearly had a breakdown when their scales weighed me two stone heavier than my home ones, so I’ve had to adjust my figures a bit. I was so much bigger than I thought.

Slimming World is going well though, the first week I lost 1.5, the second 5 and this week 6lbs. I’m so happy with that, and the group is really nice.

I recently found out I’m pre diabetic, which is scary, but reversible. The doctor gave me lots of information, and luckily, thanks to slimming world, I was already following the diet pretty much (although I didn’t eat oily fish twice a week, as recommended, but I am now). Im so grateful because if I wasn’t already dieting I would have found this so much harder.

I hope everyones doing well, I’m going to read everyone’s updates now.

Last edited:
I had my weigh in last night and was delighted to find i’d lost 4.5lbs and I got my first Slimming World stone certificate and sticker (total lost at Slimming World =17lbs), and I was slimmer of the week.

My goal for this week is 2.5lbs. It will take me into the next stone bracket which is always a good feeling, even when you’re my size.

I’m really glad I started going to a Slimming World group, even though it made me nearly sick with nerves (and I still spend my Mondays worrying). I don’t think I learn anything I couldn’t learn anywhere else, but the group itself is amazing and supportive. £5 a week is a fair bit of money to me and I really believed I could do this on my own, but I definitely think I did the right thing by plucking up courage, and I make sure I stay to group every week (to get my money’s worth!!). If anyone else is reading this and wondering about joining, I’d highly recommend it.

Hi Chilli! Congratulations :wee: on the weight loss so far!
It's a shame you don't feel like your learning anything from group! For me that's the best bit, I learn from peoples mistakes that they talk about, or try meals or pick up snacks from the shops that I didn't realise we were allowed etc. Is your consultant giving tips etc as she goes around the room to each person?

xx

Ah no Kim, I’m definitely learning! I think that the information the leader tells us could be found elsewhere, but its the other members who provide the most valuable insights. Our leader is really good, don’t get me wrong. I was just trying to say that, for me, going to a group is the best way. I have a friends who are online members, and I just don’t see the point. Each to their own, obviously.

The leader does go round everyone individually. We’re a really small group (which I much prefer, having been in a MASSIVE one a few years ago), and shes really helpful. I’m quite quiet, but I love listening to what everyone else says. For example someone is going to a festival and wanted ideas for that. I’m not going to any festivals but we do like picnics. Hard boiled eggs hadn’t crossed my mind!

Ahh I see what you mean sorry! I thought you were saying that you're not learning much at group, but I understand!

We had a "step in" consultant the past two weeks while our regular was on holiday, and she was great, she was talking about having just SP meals instead of a whole day or whole week - I never thought about that, I love my carbs too much to commit to a whole week lol!

What a good idea. I might try to do that once a week (thats probably allI could cope with) I love carbs too!!

Hi ChilliEm !
You are doing great ! :)
Starting my 4th week with SW and quite happy whith the plan :) Some days the food is so good that I feel like I am cheating ! o_O
I also have a lot of weight to loose so maybe I could sometimes come here on your diary to say hello and see how things are doing for you ( if you don't mind obviously )

Well i had my weigh in yesterday, and I’m ashamed to say I gained 1 and a half pounds. I could cry! I swear I haven’t done anything differently, and stuck to plan all week. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.

I’m just going to crack back on, and hope for the best. I might have a couple of days of extra easy SP later on in the week.

Patrick, I’m sure I replied to your post the other day, but I must have forgotten to post it. Im so sorry. Of course you can hang out here, you’re very welcome 😀

You found me Sarah! Just in time for my weightgain meltdown!!

Ah booo that's frustrating! Don't let the bump in the road stop you though, keep plugging on!

Could it be water retention?

xx

It could be Kim. I take furosemide for it, but didn’t on Sunday as we were out all day and I couldn’t spend my whole day back and forth to the loo. I hadn’t thought of that, but I think you’re right! Thank you 😀

Hi ChilliEm !

Sorry to hear about your gain but as you say it is probably due to the furosemide. I also take this drug and it affects you weight if you ''forget'' to take it. So I am sure that you will see a loss next week ! ;)

Last edited:
Really Patrick? Oh thats great news! I know I didn’t cheat or anything, although I looked at (from a distance) a chocolate fudge cake my aunt had made. I told her i’d probably put on half a stone just looking.

Yep ! this is the reason why I make sure not to forget it the night before weigh in ! ;)
and congrats for not having any of your aunt's chocolate cake !!! :p:p:p

Back