The journey to a new me!

Well done Sunflower!

And YAY on wearing the new dress! I knew people would notice your loss if you wore something diff:bighug:erent!

Well done Sunflowerlady! You are doing so well! Wow on the rounds at work, that's some impressive exercise. I have started to exercise (a little) on my WII fit. Started out at 10 mins a day and will work my way up. I had my WI today and -4lb down! Happy with that, just 3lb to go until my 2 stone loss and I have now entered the 14's which is a nice feeling:). I have my first social outing since starting this plan (dinner out with friends at a pub) in two weeks time. Very nervous about it. Don't know which pub we are going to so I can't check the menu online and they don't know I'm doing Cambridge so a tad nervous as to what is going to be on the menu. Hoping they will have some sort of chicken salad or grilled chicken, else not quite sure what to do:rolleyes:? Any suggestions? I know it's still 2 weeks away but I'm stressing about it now already:(. Good luck for the rest of the week. :)

Hey pink tulip, if its a weatherspoons, I recall a friend ordering a southern fried chicken strips from the starters section and then a side salad. Easy enough :)

Also why not study the allowed foods list in the CWP booklet to get ideas of combos that you could have?

I went to a pub with my parents and there I had a half chicken with side salad (didn't finish the chicken as it was way too much)

There will be options so don't worry. Chicken isn't always the only option. Fish or something else even! :) good luck!

Right so I think I am starting to see a pattern. I do walking Monday to Friday, and have been doing it every day for maybe two full weeks. Last week, (as everyone knows, I weigh daily), so last week I only lost 200g from Monday to Friday and then 1.2kg from Friday to Monday... Wtf???? The pattern appears to be repeating itself this week as I sts today (Monday to Tuesday)

Can anyone explain why it is that I don't lose on days I exercise and do on the days I don't???? I seems counter intuitive to me????

Thankfully as this happened last week the sts hasn't gotten me too down :) hoping it will just repeat the pattern of last week. However I was 200g for being in the double figures and really thought I would get there now, oh well there is always tomorrow! Lol

Hey Sunflowerlady,

I think I read somewhere that doing too much exercise on SS can have a negative effect on weekly weight loss, but honestly I couldn't tell you what amount of exercise is considered too much? Perhaps your consultant could tell you? I know what you mean by the last 100 or 200g taking so long to shift before you reach that mini-target you have set for yourself..it can be so frustrating, but hang in there, it will shift soon. Thanks for the advice on the food choices for eating out, I will def keep that in mind. Have a great day :)

Day 49. End of week 7. Have my WI tonight but think I only expect a 1kg loss. The losses have slowed down since doing exercise which is weird since they aren't even toning exercises. Will talk to my cwcp about it tonight.

Am on my way into London today as I have a two day training course at another site. So no proper exercise for me, just running after tubes etc lol. The site office is only a 5 minute walk from the tube stop, so not much in it. Will see if I can do some tonight instead.

Daily WI today said 200g increase!!! I think it was because it was a half hour earlier in the day than normal.... Or at least that is what my heart is telling me. Don't know what my brain is telling me... Perhaps that I'm not cut out for this diet anymore... I'm not listening to my brain now. Lets see what tomorrows says...

Those daily WI's are dangerous. I wish I hadnt got on the scale this morning - I bet you wish the same!

Speak to your consultant about the pattern you're noticing with the excercise... I'd be interested to hear what she says!

I tried to speak to my consultant today about the food issue - you know what she said to me? "well dont eat then"... she put me on the next level, and now tells me not to eat...? WTF? Now my head it totally screwed.

Good luck for tonight's WI Sunflowerlady! Hopefully the scales will be in your favour tonight. I think our brains try to trick and sabotage our weight loss efforts sometimes! Even if the scales don't show a huge loss tonight, the weight is still coming off and a loss, no matter how small is still a loss. Will also be interested to see what your consultants says tonight re the exercising. Please let us know how you got on at tonight's WI and sending you loads of positive vibes:). Jillybeans, don't be afraid of the next level's food. We need to start eating at some point again and moving up the steps is so important to 'teach' ourselves portion sizes and which foods are good for us. As you know I do SS+ and I am religious about weighing my food every night. I could easily add a few grams extra here and there and 'tweak' the ingredients somewhat in the beginning the thought certainly was there but from the start I just kept on telling myself that I am paying a lot of money for this diet and if I don't trust myself now, at the start of this diet, then I might as well give up and not carry on. My consultant says the overall weight loss difference between SS/SS+ and Step 2 is about 2lb a month, so really not much in it, if you think about it. I asked my mom and Hake is a white fish, so you could have that and salad, chicken and salad, an omelette with the allowable eggs as protein and veg as filling. There are really quite a few nice recipes out there. I also tend to shop online so the temptation of being in a supermarket is taken away. Anyhows, I have waffled on too long. Hope you both find the inspiration you need and sending you both lots and lots of positive vibes. x

Thanks Pink Tulip for that confirmation of weight loss between SS+ and Step 2. Its something that has really been bothering me - alot. I went straight from SS to Step 2, so havnt been eating (legally) for 11 weeks, and think I kinda went a bit bossies when I was suddenly allowed to eat! This week has been a total *($)*$ up! I havnt weighed my food at all (I hate the thought of weighing, reminds me of weigh less!). I like the idea of a omelette as I am allowed 2 eggs, skimmed milk and veggies so may make a vegetarian omelette this weekend, and weigh the veggies so I "know" what 80g looks like.

My kids love hake and I assumed it was a white fish..... I bought some last week so next week I will attempt to make some (not fried - as my kids like, but in the oven in tinfoil)....

I've decided my consultant is useless and I'll use this site rather!!! :mad:

I also don't like weighing my food, but I am used to it now and can actually roughly see what 80g of veg and 170g (on SS+) of chicken looks like. I am very lucky to have an excellent consultant. She is so supportive and is there for me every step of the way. Just draw a line under this week and start afresh :). I make a yummy Chinese stir fried prawns as well. It goes like this, Spring onion, shredded pak choi or kale, finely chopped root ginger, chopped courgettes (baby marrow), shelled prawns, Chinese 5 spice, chilli flakes and one teaspoon of light reduced salt soy sauce. Use spray and cook, All veg and prawns as per your step allowance. I suppose you could swap the prawns for chicken if you wanted to. It's yum and something different. I really cant wait for summer to start over here, then I can braai my chicken instead of cooking it on the stove...lol :D

Whats pak choi? Prawns are expensive, but I could do that with chicken no problem .... basically stir fry chicken.... yum. Now I'm hungry.

Chinese cabbage = Pak Choi. Its yum! :)

Hey ladies,

WI was only an 800g loss :-( just under 2lbs she says.

Asked her about the exercise and she explained that too much exercise with too little food means the muscles store water to help with the next set of exercise coming. So she advised me to tone down the exercise to maybe three times a week instead of five.

Will see if that helps. She says she isn't worried as she can smell :-O !!!! that I am in ketosis. yay! (I think) So she says I must still be losing so not to worry the losses will come.

LOL!!! Smell!! OMG! Well - lets see if excercise (or lack of) makes a difference!! Well done on your loss...(just ate some billtong)...

I carry mouthwash in my handbag.

I'm pretty darn sure billtong is not allowed - however, it was the better options of what I was eyeing out - billtong vs choc mousse?!?!

My dedication to this diet is wavvering due to... boredom? Lack of social contact? Lack of motivation? I dunno.... I'm just... wavering>?

I think mine is also wavering. I picked up again today, just 100g but still, when you are only eating so little, picking up should not be an option!!!

Lets say today is a new day and we will do out best to stay on track. I have my firs temptation already waiting at work. Salmon and cream cheese croissants with tea and coffee on a tray at the training course! Aaarrrggghhhh! Must be strong!

Good luck jillybeans come on we can do this together. Besides you don't want enlightenme to beat you in the 10kg challenge now do you????

Good luck jillybeans come on we can do this together. Besides you don't want enlightenme to beat you in the 10kg challenge now do you????

LOL!!!! :8855:I'm pretty sure she will win the challenge. Boy everyone seems so dedicated - and then there's little old wobbly me, who has no willpower.... I did weigh this morning, and as you say, how can we put ON weight overnight?? Its not like I'm scoffing on croissants or eating bugers and chips and pizza - just a little extra chicken or egg...... FFS..... imagine if I was on NO shakes a day and really did EAT 3 meals... the scales would be groaning!

Good luck on the training today and hope you can resist (oh I know you will) the yummy food!

Stay strong ladies!! You can do it. Good luck with the temptations at the training day today Sunflowerlady! LOL at the biltong Jillybeans! We make our own and hubby was just saying last night he wants to do another batch....soon changed his mind when he saw the daggers in my eyes....hahaha...he'll just have to wait a few months more for his biltong...lol. :D Have a great day!

Back