The journey to a new me!

Well done Sunflower on getting into the 90's...!! That really is AWSOME!!! I know it was your first milestone.... so you've reached it! Tick!

Also well done Pink Tulip on your 2 stone in 6 WEEKS! That is brilliant!!! I know its only very recently that people have really started to sit up and take notice of my loss (namely : tonight, my ex HUSBAND commented on how good I was looking) - and I'm at 20kgs (lost 2 before starting this diet!).... it really is a slog, a real uphill battle but worth it when you get comments.

Tonight I had some of your (sorry block your ears and eyes Sunflower) pak choi chicken stir fry. I love it! I'm just not sure I'm cooking the correct quantites of veggies as I'm just slicing and gooi-ing in the pot! I forced down now my 3rd shake as my CDC says I HAVE to have the 3rd shake regarless of whether I 'feel like it' or not...

Can you take a picture of what your typical meal would look like for me?

Sunflower, so are you now walking Mon/Wed/Fri? How are u feeling post your meal on the weekend? Do you have feelings of guilt or just WTF it happened feelings?

Btw Pink Tulip, lovely that your mom is with you there - and so close too. I would love my mom to do this diet, but she really doesnt give a toss about her weight anymore! Says she's rather live happy and fat.....

PPPPPSSSST Sunflower... I'm PETRIFIED of getting on the scale after my weekend binge!!!!!!!:(

I'm feeling fine after the meal. Back on 100% yesterday. I had looked at the menu before going and so knew what I would order. Only had 1/3rd of a popadom, and a 1/4 of a naan, so made good choices and limited the bad :)

Scales sts today, to that might be from the meal on Sunday or from the once round I did yesterday. I think I will do the site walks mon/wed/fri to see if that does anything for the losses. Did an awful lot of walking on the weekend though!!! And this weekend we are going on a 4 mile walk as well. :)

Take the scales as they come... Mine seem to hate me on weekdays and the weight can't fall off quickly enough on the weekends!!! Never mind!! Good look stepping on them jillybeans!!!

I stepped on them this morning! 700g loss since Friday which I'm happy about as it means I've lost the 200g I put ON last week and 500g... not much but considering my blips this weekend, I'm relatively happy. I'd drive myself nuts weighing every day, so limiting it to a Tues only and then Fri is my official weigh in.

Would be VERY interested to see how you do this week with limiting your walking... mmmm...

I'm out on Friday night and I CANNOT WAIT!!! I checked out the menu and going to have either fish and veggie or chicken and veggie - and I will be having some wine.

Good luck with your WI tonight Sunflowerlady and well done on the 700g loss Jillybeans, that's great :)! My mom got back from a 2 week trip to SA on the weekend and she had STS at our WI yesterday. Not even gained 1lb (she did not do the diet out there as did not want to take a chance taking the products in her suitcase only for customs maybe to take it away), but she ate sensibly, but still enjoyed herself. My consultant told her that it shows her the amount of food she would be able to eat daily when not on the diet to maintain weight and not pick up. My mom said she could live with that :). Makes me feel optimistic about maintaining weight after CD :)

Jillybeans...I'll take a pic when next I make the stir-fry again. As for veggies, I weigh mine on a little digital food scale, makes it so much easier. But as a rough guide I guess my 80g fits in the palm of my hand (I do have small hands though...lol). Bet you are going to enjoy your night out on Friday...and the wine...lol.:D I have a dinner out with friends on Saturday night and looked at the menu online and there is no chicken salad on the menu. So I phoned the place and explained my situation and asked if the chef would make me a grilled piece of chicken with a side salad and the guy said should be no problem. Makes me feel tons better! :)

WOW to your mom STS whilst on holiday!!!! Gives me hope as its one thing I really do worry about!!!! We all have to LIVE again at some stage...

80g fits into the palm of your hand! OMG... OK, well i've been SERIOUSLY overeating my veggies then! :break_diet: Couldnt imagine the pak choi weighing more than a couple grams as its leaves for goodness sakes! OK - guess I'm going to have to WEIGH those darned veggies! So you weigh raw or cooked weights?

Yeah let us know what WI is tonight Sunflower!

Is spring there yet? Coz Autumn is here!

Oh gosh, get a little food scale, it makes all the difference in the world and I don't think they are expensive. I find the digital ones much better and the one I have is small and doesn't take much space. I only use fresh veg so I weigh that as it. But my meat I buy in bulk and then every Sunday weigh it raw and then freeze them in pre-weighed food bags. I read up on the internet that frozen and raw weights are the same as it's only water that freezes with the meat/veg when it's frozen and when the meat/veg defrosts the water disappears in any case. So it doesn't really matter. Today and the next couple of days are meant to be Spring with temps here in the South East where I live getting up to the 20's but then the weekend it goes all downhill again with rain I believe...grr! Can't wait for Spring/Summer to properly start! We have two holidays booked this summer. First one, hubby and I are going to Tenerife in the Canary Islands (just the two of us, no kids:D) for his 40th and then the second we are going to my mom's holiday cottage in Brittany, France in August for a week, that's the whole fam. I am hoping to be another 2-2.5 stone down before the holiday at the end of June to Tenerife and hoping to be at goal or very near by the time we go to France middle August. Little things to keep me going...lol:D

Oh your holidays sound so NICE! I guess you live so close to Europe that the world is your oyster for holiday destinations! How great and something to lose weight for def!

Me thinks I'm gonna have to weigh my veggies... bugga.

Was wondering, about the bars - I was given some Amway bars - I read the label on them and they are low carb and wondered how different they are to the CD bars? Do you buy them?

Sorry, don't know. Haven't heard of Amway bars before and I don't buy the CD bars (was given a couple by my mom) but don't really have them. I know the nutritional facts of all the CD products are on their web-site, maybe if you go on there and compare the calories and ingredients you might get a better idea. I did some measurements today and I have since starting this diet 6 weeks ago now lost 59cm all over my body! Gosh that's nearly like 2 rulers! I'm gobsmacked:eek:. Most of the cm's have come of my middle, tummy and bum, which is a good thing...lol...now just need by thighs and legs to show a difference:p!

Thanks for that Pink Tulip! I'll go have a look at their site and compare!

Wowzer! 59cm is ALOT! Do you ever hold the tape measure out to what it was when you started to see how big your hips/waist were? I do this when I need encouragement.... Well done! Most of mine has come off my waist and hips/bum which I'm happy about - only lost 4cms over my bust since I started 11 weeks ago! and only 2cm off my upper arms! But I'm happy where it has come off from...

And you Sunflower? I feel like Pink Tulip and I have hijacked your diary!!!!!!!

Hiya! Sorry have been busy working today! The wi is only tomorrow evening but will let you know. Only expecting 1kg. Anything more I will be happy with,

I enjoy the bars. Have one everyday for lunch at work, saves having to take the shaker to work with me. :)

And on the inch losses, I put on a penny c pair of jeans I bought two years ago whilst in SA and can fit both my arms down the sides of it easily! I can even put them on whilst they are fully done up!!!! Hehehe the picture looks funny!

That is AMAZING Sunflower! Be careful not to "store" too many clothes coz they dont fit, coz one day you try them on and you find you passed them by! I found that this weekend - I had clothes tucked away, and now they are too big to wear!

I did a bit of a comparison between the CD bars and the Amway bars. Amway's contents are slightly more but not by much. I see the CD bars are around 145-170cal per bar depending, and the Amway are 170-200 depending - in fact Carb content on Amway bars are less. Considering having a bar (or a half a bar) at night when I get pekkish instead of a meal??

Pink Tulip (PT) I'm having a omelette with mushrooms tonight with my allowance.

When is your worst time of the day btw? Mine is from when I get home in the evening and preparing the kids dinner.

Its overcast and chilly here - I asked my consultant if there was a soup recipe I could use - her one word answer was No. - No alternative or try mashing this and this together... just a NO. She really is of NO USE to me and I just feel like her cash cow. She doesnt weigh or measure me as she lives 2 hours away. In the 11 weeks I've been on this diet I've seen her 2x. Once was her sales pitch before I even started.:eek:

Oh my word! Your consultant does sound useless. You really should try the soups that Cambridge does. I have them for dinner in the evening.

There is also a Cambridge recipe book you could get and try the recipes in it. Another girl on the forum bought it but hasn't said anything about it yet. It's for meals from step 2 or 3 onwards I think.

End of week 8 for me today. 98.9 on the scales this morning, so hoping my WI with the consultant today is 99.8. ( i think however it might creep into the hundreds) :-( it is usually about 1kg more than my morning scales.

We will see!!!! Chat to you lovely ladies later!!!!

Good luck for WI!!!! We'll throw a cyber party on here when you get into the 90's :48::bestwishes:

Good morning! Sunflowerlady...good luck for your WI tonight. For some reason I thought it was last night. Please let us know how you got on. Fantastic on fitting into your Penny C jeans...it's such a lovely feeling when clothes you couldn't wear before start fitting:). Jillybeans, I agree with Sunflowerlady, your consultant does sound useless! Surely she has to weigh and measure you each time you see her? Have you tried to see if there isn't another consultant close to you that you can switch to? I love the omelette, just a bit of a change. As for soups you can make, try this one (sorry Sunflowerlady...close your eyes and ears for a bit....lol): It's a chick pea and spinach soup: 1/2 tsp cumin, spray and cook, 2 spring onions, baby spinach roughly chopped, 1 can chick peas drained, 1 tsp mild/medium curry powder, fresh parsley, fresh thyme, black pepper, 2 tsp boullion (boullion is like a stock cube but in powder form that we get here) not sure what the equivalent would be in SA, water. Dry fry the spring onions, and spinach with a bit of water in a pan, till the spinach starts going soft. Add the spices. Make the boullion in a cup of hot water and add to the pan. Let it all simmer down for a bit and then add the chick peas. Once it has simmered a bit longer, remove from the stove and blend with a blender until either smooth for a smooth soup or blend only a little for a chunkier soup. Remember all veg and protein allowances as per your CD step allowance. My most difficult time during the day is definitely cooking for my family. Then weekends are hard for me too, especially when we are out and about. I find it hard to drink all my water as I constantly need the loo and I detest public toilets:sigh:. Sunflowerlady is right, there is a CD recipe book that you can buy. Maybe look on the internet to see if you can get it. I think they advertise it on the CD website as well. Hope you both have a great day!

No, I weigh AND measure (like a contortionist) MYSELF weekly.

Thanks for the recipe, I've printed it off and will try it this weekend!!! :D So all the veggies I add must be 80g (for one serving) - if I made the soup in bulk, how would I measure out my ALLOWANCE?

Weekends are hard for me too - being around the house etc and out and about. I find I'm continually wanting my kids to eat - lol - want to make sure I'm not starving them whilst I'm starving myself!

Did I read right Sunflower- your ARMS can also fit into the jeans?????

Back