• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

The joy of the MIM

Believe it or not I have only just sampled my first MIM. Atkins friendly, induction friendly Muffin in a Minute.

I make a savoury version to use as a burger bun or sandwich bread, and it is just yummy and filling too.

The drawback before was the unavailability of finely powdered flax meal. I found this online but it is expensive. Isn't everything? lol.

Anyway I highly recommend this MIM. So versatile and full of fibre.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 20st12lb C: 18st5.3lb G: 16st0lb BMI: 38 Loss: 2st6.7lb(11.88%)
Ive never had one, Ive been put off by the flax seed, am i missing out then? x

S: 11st13lb C: 10st1lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 25 Loss: 1st12lb(15.57%)
I found some in my local produce shop and also in a farm shop. It was only about £4. I did 2 versions of the sweet one and enjoyed them both.

S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
I've never made the muffin, but I do use flax seed a lot, mainly as a thickener or just sprinkle some on top of my food, help keep you regular. I get mine from the freaks and weirdo aisle in tesco.

sona1980

Gold Member
S: 15st5.2lb C: 14st13.4lb G: 10st3.3lb BMI: 38.3 Loss: 0st5.8lb(2.7%)
say what now?
which aisle is that in normal peopls language?
ive been looking for that stuff.. i need to get to the tesco and pick it up!

S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
:D Like I said, freaks, geeks and weirdo's aisle. :)

morenachica

Silver Member
S: 12st2lb C: 8st10lb G: 9st2lb BMI: 20.9 Loss: 3st6lb(28.24%)
LOL @ Jim.. I guess that makes me a freak and weirdo LOL

Never tried the MIM but I think I may try and bake them this weekend..

I think the US 'Atkineers' (!) promote the MIM more than we in the UK do.

MIMs a bit dense in texture - someone on the Atkins forum suggested adding a tablespoon of softened cream cheese to counteract this (I might try adding ground almonds or oat flour, 50/50 since I am in Phase 3. Anyone on the nut/grains rung of OWL could add these, too)

They make a yummy breakfast snack with or without fillings. For people on Induction who are badly craving bread they are a marvel!

I make them savoury but am about to try making a sweet one.

ps

as you can see my ticker attempt failed and I cannot remove this nonsense from the foot of my post! Will try to hide my sig now.

morenachica

Silver Member
girl I'm going to try and add the creme cheese...:)

You won't regret it More!

With a bit of tweaking the MIM could become a very acceptable and filling quick pizza base. Ah how one's mind runs on!

Will try to turn it into a fast gingerbread muffin soon, too. I just love gingerbread!

S: 20st12lb C: 18st5.3lb G: 16st0lb BMI: 38 Loss: 2st6.7lb(11.88%)
I've never made the muffin, but I do use flax seed a lot, mainly as a thickener or just sprinkle some on top of my food, help keep you regular. I get mine from the freaks and weirdo aisle in tesco.

hahhahha we call it the freak aisle in my house too hahhahaha

morenachica

Silver Member
Girly the gingerbread sounds yummy.. I'm definitely going to try it. microwave muffins didn't sound good to me because I was thinking it would be all rubbery and etc.. but you have convinced me so I'm going to give it a good this weekend when I'm back at home..

S: 13st13lb G: 12st2lb
I flavour mine with a bit of All purpose seasoning (from the same aisle in our Tescos) and a few herbs which makes it really tasty - I microwave it flat, spread out on a plate and then put it in the toaster when it's done to crisp it up. Spread with cream cheese it's byoooootiful!

Mmmm sounds yum! This MIM is so versatile! Amazing. I keep tinkering with the basic recipe to get pizza base and sandwich bread and so forth.

Always turns out delicious.

girly tried the MIM and it is delicious :) Believe me I was a bit skeptical because when you bake things in the micro it's always like rubber LOL but no this was very good.. I added a little cream cheese to mines in the receipe too :D

girly yes indeed it's an awesome find. I'm going to try and add in a little chicken meat or mince meat to see if I can make a mini meat or chicken muffin LOL

Cool!

I can't believe I found this treasure so late lol but better late than never. You can do so much with MIMs - the only limit really is one's imagination.

I am recommending MIMs to everyone, now!

I agree.. I'll let you know how it turns out but it's definitely good and quick... Thanks for the tip :)