Total Solution The Kick-start I need

FayFay

hi guys,

I'm new to the site but have been looking round and found it inspirational. Im 27 and always been a big girl from school. i was never really bothered until i finished university and suddenly went from out-going and bubbly (i now hate that word) to paranoid and self-hating. Back in 2007 I was at my heaviest 19 stone and decided to do something... unfortunately i gave myself and a eating disorder and I became obsessed by the gym and lost 6stone but still wasnt happy at the smallest i'd been for a long time...

I met my boyfriend at the time of being smaller 2008 and slowly my lack of eating went into comfort eating as we went out all the time. A stone had crept on over the year and though i wasnt happy about that i ignored it as in love and thought i was still going to the gym it was ok. In 2009 we were going away for a romantic weekend and were hit my a 38tonne artic lorry on the m25. our romantic night away resulted in me being strapped to a spinal board and in hospital for the rest of the night... not ideal! Luckily nothing was broken but we both suffered major whiplash.. mine to my lower back which resulted in time off work, a lot of physio (2yrs worth) and councilling. I was advised not to go to the gym for a long time (2yrs) and was told to do only physio exercises. I tried swiming as always loved it but working as a nanny after a 11-12hour day the last thing i wanted to do is go for a workout. I have tried health kicks and going back to the gym but then my back twinges and im all the way back to square one!!!

Four weeks ago my boyfriend proposed to me in Spain and I said yes. I love him to pieces and even though i know he loves me (hence he propsed) i feel he deserves more than this fat blob of a person that i am now. It is because of this reason i started the Exante diet, I had been looking at it for a while but never had the get up and go within myself to stick at it. I started last week at 17.01 stone with shakes and soups (yuck by the way) and found it extremely easy to follow thankfully!

I've set myself a target to lose 6stone 1lb to get down to 11stone. Do people think this is do-able and if so what kind of time frame to expect. I have lost 11lbs in my first week and over the moon with that but am realistic this wont happen every week. I am aiming for new year which would be 25 weeks and 3.36lbs a week... am i being over hopeful?

anyway i am sure i have bored you to death with my ramblings, so thank you for reading and any support, info, anything would be great!!!!

x

Starting 17.01 Stone
week 1: -11lbs :D

Hi FayFay,

The average weight loss on a VLCD is 1 stone a month so about 6 stone in 6 months is realistic. Well done on your first week! I did cambridge diet two years ago and I found it helpful to look at it day by day and not focus too much on all the weight I had to lose.

x

Good afternoon FayFay, welcome and good luck on your Exante journey..

Oh my, what a scary accident. How lucky that you both got away relatively damage free.

Congratulations on your engagement. Motivation enough to get to goal, wedding dress shopping! :hug99: xx

Back