The LAST damn stone challenge!!!

This morning i'm teetering on the brink of the last stone. In 2008 got to within 5lb of goal (9 and 1/2 stone) but last year i had a 6 month job in Canada that provided me with 3 meals a day (deserts twice a day, who could resist!) and i started 2010 weighing in at 11 stone 2lb.

But, having started the Atkins diet one week ago and enjoying lots of lovely food on there and the main thing being that it puts you in ketosis and you don't feel hungry or crave carbs i'm feeling really positive. The 6lbs i've lost during the first week leaves me 1 stone from goal.

definitely want in on this one, last stone to lose always seems like the hardest part and i almost feel like its pyschological with me, i sometimes believe i cant get their but in reality its definitely possible. im breaking it down into 14pounds instead of the big "stone" and gonna take it week by week.even if its one pound a week, ill still get that stone off 3months and all the time will be worth it

definitely want in on this one, last stone to lose always seems like the hardest part and i almost feel like its pyschological with me, i sometimes believe i cant get their but in reality its definitely possible. im breaking it down into 14pounds instead of the big "stone" and gonna take it week by week.even if its one pound a week, ill still get that stone off 3months and all the time will be worth it

I'm with you - I've got 16lbs to go.. hoping to do it in six weeks :) Good luck to you.

Can I join. I am on the last stone. I was doing TFR but have now re-introduced foods and its like I have lost control. I always get to the last 12-14 lbs and mess it up. I really want this to be the last 'diet' I ever have. I have begun a low GL diet as I think this is a healthy lifestyle going forward, and it doesnt involve shakes.

I pledge to stop @rsing around, get back on track and lose that LAST stone:

Kat (Iamreadyforthis) xxx

I pledge to stop @rsing around, get back on track and lose that LAST stone

GOOD LUCK! I found cracking the beginning of the final stone very difficult.. just think, if you get your head down you can do it really quickly =D

Hi all I am so in on this! I am 2lb into my last stone and am going away next week! :sigh: Am going to try my very best to behave, but I am on holiday after all!

I am the lowest I have ever been, but am longing to get to 10st and fit into a size 10; it will be the first time I have ever done so!

I am going to break it down into half st's, so then I am not so daunted by it. By doing this, I only have 5lb to go to my next target; yay!

Can I join? I haven't set a deadline yet because I am just trying to lower my calorie intake slowly over the next few weeks as I find it easier to start by first tracking what I am actually eating (haven't been doing this yet and I am probably eating well over 2000 calories). I am calorie counting now and choosing healthier options for what I am eating, for example I had a BBQ yesterday and I chose a BBQ bun that was 150 calories lower than the one that was being offered to me, along with saying no to any cider! I have downloaded some apps which have some great low calorie options for food and I am trying to have one of those options per day to lower my calorie intake.

J X

It's so hard though! I already feel a million times better due to losing y first 2 stone. It's difficult to lose that final stone but I know I want to get to target! X

Back