Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

Hi Beverly, how's it going?

Iv eatem again...and it wasnt protein...and I feel sick....whats wrong wiv me??? Feel really low

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Im soo glad u replied cat...im stayin on it for the time being....thank u hun xx

Hi Canvas, well done, on not giving up. If you do, you'll find yourself looking back asking why you couldn't just stick to it and get it over with. I've cheated a couple of times, and I used to always give up after a cheat. Then 3 months later, I'd be fatter or losing 1lb a week on some other diet and kicking myself for sticking to it. This time I'm determined to stick to it. If I cheat or not. I make sure I don't let it get me down (not easy I know) and I try to look at the big picture. At the end of our journey, we won't think about the cheats but at our overall loss. Keep at it. We can do it. Maybe you should try SS+? You're doing so well, you can do this.

So. Here I am at day 29 SS 100% and I surprised myself! I know how hard some of you are struggling, because that was me for two years, but somehow, someway the self loathing, the sense of defeat EVERY time I went to bed on another failed day, just stopped. Every time temptation wafted ways to fail under my nose I pulled some kung fu move out of my a**, and when temptation looked for where I was last..... I was not. Look, it's the easiest thing to obsess about food when you’re on a diet. Your focus is how fat and disgusting you feel and how you got there: food.

Quick! Picture a huge bright bubblegum pink elephant. Picture it in detail - those cute pink flapping ears and long velvety powder pink snout. Look away from this post for a second and close your eyes for a count of three picturing your elephant. Go on I'll wait.................

Welcome back. If you came back to this and thought for one second about that elephant - you're a loser. You're sickening. How could you!!!???!!!???????!!!!

Yeah, pretty stupid, right? Here's your reality check: You think about food. So what? You will desire food. The mere smell of food cooking will make you swoon. You will salivate about marmite, cabbage and anchovies. So. What. You haven't thought about that pink elephant in the last few minutes have you? Of course not. Because I changed the channel. So change the channel. If you can't stick to SS right now stop kicking your own a**. Life will attempt to sh!t on you from a great height all by itself, it doesn't need help from you hating yourself and feeling like a failure. Whatever your age as an adult, you have been eating for your whole life. You're meant to want to nourish yourself with nutrients but that is not the sum of who you are; we're all on here to at least attempt to find the best, healthiest, sexiest, strongest version of ourselves. There's no magic formula, no secret handshake or meditative thought that gets us through....... WE change the channel on our thoughts. If you're making the kids'/husband/wife/parents/significant others' dinner plan ahead and time your shakes so you have one just before they tuck into that curry / chilli / takeaway. Walk away. Have a portable product (bar, Tetra, heck a chicken leg) on your person for those quick meet ups with friends. Forget counting how many products you'll have for that day you need to shortcircuit the temptation before it starts. I can't do it for you beloved. I wish I could (or at least nominate some other schmuck to lose weight for all of us) I'm just about doing it for myself. You can make it harder on yourself, but why would you want to? If you can't mindlessly do SS, feel free to walk away for now and come back (Read: waddle back. Ahem. Sorry that was a reference to myself after 2 years) when youre ready. BUT If you want to take a structured time out on a vlcd to remove some excess weight so that you can begin a healthy approach to nutrients and food with a clear slate: Do it. One last question though before I clamber off my soapbox - when was the last time you thought about that d@mn elephant? X

Thank u cee...im not gunna giv up...thank u soo much...u make sense one meal is not the be all and end all on the long run...

Beverley..I am going to use your theory!

Day 30, weigh in and 5lb off! Not bad at all - I'll take it :scale:

31lbs obliterated in 30 days! I know from here on out 14lbs a month is standard, but it feels great to kick off this journey with good momentum :) One month from now, I'll be in the 16s - in time for Christmas mayhap? Fingers crossed. xx

bev you are doing incredible, couldn t really ask for a better start. what a bunch there is on this journey, i salute you all:) think there are a lot of inspirational characters, im routing for each and every one. make sure you all tell the most important person how proud you are of them (and that person is yourself)

heres to infinity and beyond!
jxx

Thank you J :D you know I hadn't "told" myself how proud I am for slogging along this far ..... But I will now! I really can't wait to see where this journey takes me and it doesn't seem to matter how long it takes this time as long as I plod along patiently and do all the steps and maintenance.

Thank you for being an inspiration to us at the start of the journey x

Day 30, weigh in and 5lb off! Not bad at all - I'll take it :scale:

31lbs obliterated in 30 days! I know from here on out 14lbs a month is standard, but it feels great to kick off this journey with good momentum :) One month from now, I'll be in the 16s - in time for Christmas mayhap? Fingers crossed. xx

I could only dream of these numbers, but day one for me and thanks for the inspiration!! 1 month and it's my youngest girls birthday. I'd be over the moon to be 14lb down let alone somewhere near your numbers. Keep up the great work and pat yourself on the back!!

Hi Bev, in doing ok. I've eaten twice this week so not been 100% brilliant! Don't know why I just can't get one week out the way when I did this for 12 weeks before and was so em strong. It's depressing. Just been to see my CC and she's great but feel like a bit of a failure! Sorry to sound so miserable when you guys are all batting it as well and doing so good! Xx

Wow Bev!! 5 flipping lbs? That's fab! You're flying through this. I'm really pleased for you. Keep going! Drag me along with ya lol! X

Thank you so much and good for you Jane on surviving day 1 - how was it? The first month is usually so good because the first weeks' weigh in is mammoth :) Hold onto that thought through these first difficult days! Keep drinking that water x

Went well :) was a killer walking in the door to smells of cooking (hubby does the cooking) but had a lovely hot shake / chocolate so felt lovely. :) I remember really struggling at the one month stage before but lasted a few months, the losses are the motivation for sure though. :) I do want to figure out how NOT to gain this time though I wasn't gaining as busy in the gym and powerlifting but since I stopped my body has kept every ounce of bad foods I've eaten. :( So a revamp is defo what is needed and then figure out a new level of eating beyond that for maintenance.

Well done.

just thought id pop in and congratulate you on 32 day straight of ss 100%, can t think of any inspirational chat today as well quite frankly you dont need it;) hope all is good.

been meaning to ask, has crappy doo (the ex) been finding it hard to stomach your transformation?( not just the physical) im hoping to positively ulcer conditions! some say im a bit harsh but i love a bit of rightful vengeance :D

just thought id pop in and congratulate you on 32 day straight of ss 100%, can t think of any inspirational chat today as well quite frankly you dont need it;) hope all is good.

been meaning to ask, has crappy doo (the ex) been finding it hard to stomach your transformation?( not just the physical) im hoping to positively ulcer conditions! Some say im a bit harsh but i love a bit of rightful vengeance :D

Lol oh hon the ex aka the twat is totally sulking! I told him not to call me and blocked his number on my phone - my son has his own phone, and at 15 can negotiate his own relationship with his Dad. The twat has been trying to text me with news from his boring little life but I'm just ignoring him. I'm done with the mindset that accepted less than decency, so he's S.O.L :) and you know what? The psychological sense of Freedom is so huge it's alarmin! How long did I let this loser have one foot in my life? And what the heck for? Ugh. This determined, take no prisoners chick is who I used to be way back when I was 11st and Queen of the world (in my head anyway).... it seems so fitting that as I shed the camouflage and get back to that size I return to her strength too. Exciting times.

On a MUCH better note RC (he of the sexy, buff, intellectual, gorgeous omg-when-did-they-start-making-this-variety-in-the-uk fame) dropped me a line out of the clear blue sky to tell me his latest business venture and say hi with a "x". Is it bad that all I could think was "Mmmmm" (slobber slobber)? Lol Can't wait to see him in a couple of months ;)

Yeah, there isn't a whole lot to report diet wise as I'm at cruising altitude ..... But oh boy, my plans for a meal on Christmas day get more elaborate by the second .... And the food p0rn! Ahem. I mean M & S food adverts. I'm addicted to watching them :D.... I don't know what my Sunshine Boy is so alarmed about - I was only describing in loving detail every protein and veg laced course I'm planning for Christmas day. Okay so it took twenty minutes. Maybe thirty, tops. There was no need for the pitying look and condescending head pat! :D

I hope you're cruising along too lovely xxx

Last edited:
Back