Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

Hi Bev, I've been lurking reading your diary as I start Feb 2nd and I'm psyching myself up for the long haul. I successfully lost 3.5 stones right after having my second child... and never seem to have been able to find my mojo and finish this blasted journey. I've restarted solo many times with "life gets in the way" excuses. I'm going to take it one day at a time and not going to fixate on the big picture. In the meantime, I'll be coming on here to see how you're doing!
Congrats on the "just +3lbs for xmas", it's all water weight!

Hi Enlightenme2!! Glad to have you aboard :) This diet gets under your skin, especially when you've successfully cracked it in the past.... Don't give up, keep doing what you're doing and fighting through, I did, and for some reason it just clicked for me (Actually, I tried LighterLife and found the products so shockingly bad that I scurried back to CWP and knuckled down! Lol).

You are so so right, forget how much you have to lose get through hour 1,then day 1, then week 1, and before you know it you'll look back and realise 70 days had passed. You can win through this and I will thoroughly enjoy following along :D

Why don't you start a diary when you 'officially' start? Or do you already have one? Please let me know.

I'm looking forward to dropping the water weight! My tummy is sticking out all of a sudden - that's the worst part. Okay I look a bit slimmer than when I started but it's discouraging to see how the 'water weight' has made my tummy protrude again. No one else may notice but I can. Oh well. It's not discouraged me, but lets me know there's a lot of work yet to be done on myself mentally.

We have got to do this in 2014 and start living our lives xx

Found your diary...well, it wasn't hard considering there's a link in your sig - really helped looking at this on a PC instead lol

Only ready your first post but am captivated, do your professional skill shave anything to do with writing? Or is this just a hidden talent!

Anyway thought I'd say hi, and will prob have a good old read of your diary later - tempting now but I'm sure some bugger will be peering at my screen thinking I am a bad person for taking an entitled break lol

x

Lol purely a well hidden talent :D I wish I did have the chops to write for a living! (I know Bonkers, I know lol)

Glad to have you aboard Diamond - I take it you're at work? Bummer. I've got an impromptu appointment at 5pm, I'm going to miss my monthly rendezvous with my CWP consultant but he's dropping my shakes off anyway as I ran out this morning. I'm not in ketosis yet (I don't think) so I'm going to be starving by the time I get back back at 7ish.... Nothing since 10am,.... We'll see just how hard core I can be I suppose :rolleyes: x

Hi Enlightenme2!! Glad to have you aboard :) This diet gets under your skin, especially when you've successfully cracked it in the past.... Don't give up, keep doing what you're doing and fighting through, I did, and for some reason it just clicked for me (Actually, I tried LighterLife and found the products so shockingly bad that I scurried back to CWP and knuckled down! Lol). You are so so right, forget how much you have to lose get through hour 1,then day 1, then week 1, and before you know it you'll look back and realise 70 days had passed. You can win through this and I will thoroughly enjoy following along :D Why don't you start a diary when you 'officially' start? Or do you already have one? Please let me know. I'm looking forward to dropping the water weight! My tummy is sticking out all of a sudden - that's the worst part. Okay I look a bit slimmer than when I started but it's discouraging to see how the 'water weight' has made my tummy protrude again. No one else may notice but I can. Oh well. It's not discouraged me, but lets me know there's a lot of work yet to be done on myself mentally. We have got to do this in 2014 and start living our lives xx

Aww thx, I'm sure the days will go by faster when I'm back at work!! It's the evenings I have to be careful about.
I have a job involving lots of travel and din-dins... My DH works away from home mon-fri so I have to manage everything for the household. The kids also have their various activities, and sometimes it all comes crashing down on me... And I guess I try to obliterate the stress with food... Or too much wine to unwind! (Not an excuse, just sayin')

Will have to look into restarting my diary! Good to see there's a strong community back on here coz I hate when it's all quiet!

Evening Bev! Ladies! I had similar hardcore day with a bar around 10 and only just had a SnS pack a few mins ago. It's about as hardcore I could do given I had a PT session this morning. Sooo ready for an early night tonight!

Hi Bev,

Sorry I've been a bit quiet- started getting told off for being engrossed in these forums and not listening to whoever was trying to talk to me haha

Anyway, glad to hear it's only 3lbs damage! Not long now till I can sympathise with you!!

Hope all is well :)

Xx

Hi Enlightenme2 - how true is this :

Good to see there's a strong community back on here coz I hate when it's all quiet!

I was beginning to feel like a bit of a loser to be honest! I was roaming around the site wailing "where is everybody" (what advert is that slogan from? Is driving me nuts :)) lol

It sounds like you have a pretty busy and full life - is boredom your eating 'trigger' when you have the long evenings to yourself? It may be worthwhile doing things a bit differently for the first week? Just while you get into ketosis? I'm so excited for you starting the journey again :D Good on ya xx

Evening Bev! Ladies! I had similar hardcore day with a bar around 10 and only just had a SnS pack a few mins ago. It's about as hardcore I could do given I had a PT session this morning. Sooo ready for an early night tonight!

Hi sweetie, I feeeeel your pain!! On one tetra (hours ago) u just had to drive 2 hours round trip on winding black Country roads.... I have the headache from hell, I'm knackered and hungry :cry: I'm actually operating on fumes right now. Shake, bath, a bit of mindless telly (if I can be bothered) then bed.... xx

Hi Bev,

Sorry I've been a bit quiet- started getting told off for being engrossed in these forums and not listening to whoever was trying to talk to me haha

Anyway, glad to hear it's only 3lbs damage! Not long now till I can sympathise with you!!

Hope all is well :)

Xx

Hiya Dearheart! I was wondering where you got to :D Not too bothered though as my stalking of you starts on the 3rd lol

It's all okay-ish, just Super, super tired. I'm actually really grateful its only a 3lb gain all things considered, just have to get it off my butt ASAP. I cant wait to get into ketosis so I can start burning fat! I find that so psychologically gratifying.... Even if I feel a twinge of hunger I just mentally him "burn, baby, burn" lol xx

Hi Enlightenme2 - how true is this : I was beginning to feel like a bit of a loser to be honest! I was roaming around the site wailing "where is everybody" (what advert is that slogan from? Is driving me nuts :)) lol It sounds like you have a pretty busy and full life - is boredom your eating 'trigger' when you have the long evenings to yourself? It may be worthwhile doing things a bit differently for the first week? Just while you get into ketosis? I'm so excited for you starting the journey again :D Good on ya xx

Haha funny, guess that's why I thought I'd start on the 2nd, DH doesn't go back to work until the 6th... So that will leave me free of obligations those first "hellish" days...Everything is planned out so I don't even have to enter the kitchen level - save for eating my porridge/soups...

I'm going to have a very tough month at work getting ready for a Feb event, but it should keep me busy right?? Anyway right now I feel like I'm on a total winning streak so guess i'll just keep rolling those dice! Jump in CD while I'm pumped..one day at a time though!

Hi Bev thank you for the warm welcome. X

So here's my first ramble! Day 3 done! Yay! Don't think I'm in ketosis yet as my tummy is growling like a rabid dog who's seen a dozen cats :-/ but am winning the mental battle! im visualising each growl is actually fat metabolising its way out of me and that is keeping me positive not to eat all the yummy Xmas food surrounding me! I'm also suffering insomnia but I think that's because I'm already feeling less uncomfortable and more energised which for day 3 is pretty good! Or it could just be because I've given up smoking, drinking and food at Xmas/ new year all in one go, but hey u cant get healthy with any of them hanging around so in for a penny! Eyes on the goal, gorgeous beach bodies for the summer ladies, keep up the good work! :) x

Lol purely a well hidden talent :D I wish I did have the chops to write for a living! (I know Bonkers, I know lol)

Glad to have you aboard Diamond - I take it you're at work? Bummer. I've got an impromptu appointment at 5pm, I'm going to miss my monthly rendezvous with my CWP consultant but he's dropping my shakes off anyway as I ran out this morning. I'm not in ketosis yet (I don't think) so I'm going to be starving by the time I get back back at 7ish.... Nothing since 10am,.... We'll see just how hard core I can be I suppose :rolleyes: x

Indeed I was at work and am again (boooo) hope yesterday panned out ok in the end?

Read a bit more of your diary last night (though still not finished) Really feel for you on the Ex malarky and the whole RC thing, I really hope for a happy ending on that front for you, when will you roughly reach target/make that quest?

x

I was beginning to feel like a bit of a loser to be honest! I was roaming around the site wailing "where is everybody" (what advert is that slogan from? Is driving me nuts :)) lol

Haha me too... Funny I never stumbled across you before! Oh how I love how busy (and enthusiastic) this place is this time of year, just so sad when people start dropping off the radar (read: off plan) a couple of months later :-(

It kinda does make the January diet cliché a good thing, it's SO much easier to diet in Jan as everyone is doing it or aware others are so temptation is minescule!

*my tummy is growling like a rabid dog who's seen a dozen cats

LoopyLoo!! I love it!!! :D lol I know exactly what you mean! But that and the insomnia will pass pretty quickly.... My insomnia was triggered because I got an energy boost from burning stored fat so maybe you're already nudging into ketosis land?

I'm so glad you have a handle on the mental battle.. That's the only hard part to master - AND you stopped smoking too... Jeez... :worthy: I'm beginning to think you, Bonkers and Clinquant are super human lol. Well done you! Your body thanks you- and you're adding years to your own life! BRAVO x

And an extra well done for getting to day 4!!! Woohooo :D Now you're on a roll!!!! xx

Hi Diamond,

I'm thinking by the start of February I can really make a date (literally) with RC... I kind of need to get on with it before some other chick snaps him up lol. Just want to be 'kissing' the 14st bracket first (sexy clothes here I come :D).

It is really good to have loads of people starting out*on*their diet journeys too - it's certainly interesting to read so many new stories that so closely echo my own. Isn't it interesting how we are all so different but have such similar experiences and issues??

I hope we all have a fabulous 100% day whatever plan/preplan /diet we're on xxx I can't wait for the maintenance stories to start rolling in within a few short months :) 2014: The Year We Shine lol x

Last edited:
Wish I was superhuman. I'm dreading those first few days. You're all doing so brilliantly. I'm also enjoying it being really busy on here and glad I'm not the only one who feels sad when people start dropping off. I think shame is such a ridiculous emotion but so hard to let go. If we just accepted that we are all human and however we slipped up we got back on it then we'd all have the maintenance stories to tell. 2014 the year when persistence pays off!!

Not feeling quite so super human today! :-(. But I have to keep remembering wine and cigarettes are like smelling bacon, the reality is nothing like the fantasy promises! And I want to be slim and healthy much more than I want those things plus I will feel great instead of crap tomorrow!

Bev I defo think u should get on with this date with RC, what a great incentive to help you stick with ur diet esp after The Twat sounds like you could do with some tlc and some fun for 2014!

Back