Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

Oh can I join too, I would love to be in the 16s by Feb 14th although it seems a bit like a dream. Good luck everyone.x

Lol I hear ya Bubbles..... Yay! We've got more victims.... ahem, I mean "company" on our quest to fit our butts into new size brackets for February :wee: something lovely to look forward to :D

Well, the strangest thing happened today - I woke up today obsessed (and I do mean one-track-mind-finger-nail-gnawing obsessed) with the idea of eating roast chicken..... I hopped on the scales (yes I know a day early, but I was feeling all svelte and slender so thought a loss would make me feel strong and righteous) only to find I was still 15st 6lbs. Hrummmph. Bl00dy marvellous. A sts week. I had somehow lost the mysterious 2lbs midweek gain the Cobbler's annoying effing little elves had snuck on me overnight. But still. Sts. So that didn't work. At this point I was desperate, nay frantic.... So I had my shake, calmly drank a litre of water while I read my book (loving zombie fiction at the minute for some odd reason - Christmas always leads me to horror??!), tidied up the kitchen and sitting room, put a load of washing on.... Then realised I'd totally forgotten to be obsessed about chicken :D Ha. The funniest part of the story? I'm not a chicken fan.... I'll eat or if I have to or if it's been smothered in fat, but eh - on the whole, not bothered. What's that about? Anyway, disaster averted..... But just goes to show: if we distract our minds we can move away from the 'gotta have that now' disaster thinking. WINNING :D Plus I'm getting into those size 14s of it kills me lol xx

It's impossible to not lose fat when you're eating so few calories, so the scales are lying. I like to go by measurements as well. I'm a daily weigher (naughty) and I've found that sometimes inches and pounds are inversely related.

I take it you resisted the roast chicken? WELL DONE!

Today I cooked loads of stuff for my boyfriend to have in the freezer. Ham and cheese pockets (dough from scratch, too!), pizza rolls, a huge pot of veggies which I made into ratatouille, curry and soup, cereal bar cookies and balsamic roasted veg (in balsamic vinegar rather than oil) and packaged up and froze it so he's always got home cooked stuff ready, mostly healthy but some treats too. I wasn't even tempted, and I really enjoyed it. I sat down and had a pack, and am feeling quite smug!

Distraction is definitely the key. My tactics are delay, delay, delay and loads of different drinks. Sorry the scares got you again, but hey here you are undeterred and another 100% day under your belt. :angel09:

And FF, I'm with you on the cooking today. Gorgeous beef stew slow cooking for mine but hopefully to freeze a couple of portions if he doesn't eat the lot. And going to make little muesli porridge pots in jars for him to take to work. I want to try them for a maintenance idea for me. He'd do his own thing but I'm convinced he'd get scurvy and the takeaways would get rich. Just trying to keep him alive!!

How strange, I've suddenly had the urge to bake all sorts of things today! Now I definitely cannot cook or bake to save my life! Even on birthdays or whenever it's my turn to bake at work I sneak over to tescos!

I've also been having some weird dreams that you were talking about the other week... I never remember my dreams haha

Glad you avoided the chicken, although just bear in mind that it's protein and allowed on the SS+ plan and there are worse things you could be craving! Well done on staying strong :)

Xx

There must be something in the air as I spent the day baking choc chip cookies for the kids. Made a huge dinner of fajitas, nachos, roast veg and rice for my lot and my sister and her lot, with pudding and all I had was my shake. It's quite a satisfying feeling! Weirdly!xxx

Loving the combined strength on here :D For some reason when I'm in the groove I make sumptuous dinners and desserts for my Sunshine Boy too .... And like you find it weirdly satisfying :confused:

I resisted the chicken, and I've had a lovely evening with SB and Georgie, not too bothered by the 'Scares', you've hit the mail on the head FF - is physically impossible for me to have manufactured a fat gain with my 100 % SS week, so I'm pretty sure I've lost inches if not pounds if it's a sts week

I hope everyone had a fantastic 100% day! I'm off to give a well earned 'Honk' :) xx

all you guys baking and cooking! me too me too! I rarely step into the kitchen but last night decided to cut up the celeriac and bake them for today :)

Bev - well done on resisting the chicken and I cant wait to find out official weight today...

Also - tried the kale chips on fri - you were sooo right... just perfectly delish! loved every bit of it and finished the whole bunch in one go :p

Oooooh! Were the kale crisps good then? How did you do them?? I'm actually looking forward to a new way of eating and making healthier choices.... Sounds a bit preachy lol but I'm not going through all of this again! I can even feel the slower metabolic loss rate from when I started out all those eons ago on my first ever foray into vlcds (gosh - 5 years ago possibly). Glad you liked them chick :D

I've been sooooo cold today! You know that cold that starts at your core and slowly freezes your extremities? Yes, that :( nasty in any weather.... At 1 degree it's just downright mean! About to dive feet first into a lovely hot bath (it's a bit odd the things I daydream about these days :)) and catch up on all the minimins goss.... Feel like I've been away for ages!?!

Another great 100% day under my belt (literally!) I hope all of you had the same xx

Oooooh! Were the kale crisps good then? How did you do them?? I'm actually looking forward to a new way of eating and making healthier choices.... Sounds a bit preachy lol but I'm not going through all of this again! I can even feel the slower metabolic loss rate from when I started out all those eons ago on my first ever foray into vlcds (gosh - 5 years ago possibly). Glad you liked them chick :D

I've been sooooo cold today! You know that cold that starts at your core and slowly freezes your extremities? Yes, that :( nasty in any weather.... At 1 degree it's just downright mean! About to dive feet first into a lovely hot bath (it's a bit odd the things I daydream about these days :)) and catch up on all the minimins goss.... Feel like I've been away for ages!?!

Another great 100% day under my belt (literally!) I hope all of you had the same xx

You have been away for ages! Missed you xx

And no its not preachy - we all want this time to be our last - no more feeling unhealthy :)

Ohhh ... that cold sounds cold :p. Hope you enjoyed your bath!

Speak soon and have a lovely day xx

Thank you lovely - I had a brilliant day! Loving my new job.... Fingers crossed it lasts beyond 31st March (even with recuperation from surgery slap bang on the middle of the contract :rolleyes:)

And don't think I don't know you're sniggering about the cold Ms Balmy 20 degrees :D lol

I hope you have a magic day sweets (& all the lovely peeps)..... I'm off to search for skydragon.....

xx

Thank you lovely - I had a brilliant day! Loving my new job.... Fingers crossed it lasts beyond 31st March (even with recuperation from surgery slap bang on the middle of the contract :rolleyes:)

And don't think I don't know you're sniggering about the cold Ms Balmy 20 degrees :D lol

I hope you have a magic day sweets (& all the lovely peeps)..... I'm off to search for skydragon.....

xx

during these lovely winter months, all of us love being in the middle east - however, come summer we are the ones crying - the heat the heat and the humidity!

:fingerscrossed: and hope you have a lovely 100% day

xx

I'm so glad that job has worked out for you. Hope they see sense and keep you. One of my best jobs started as a 3 month contract and I was there 7 years later but I remember that feeling of loving it and really wanting to stay.

Could definitely do with a bit of that middle eastern heat, bonkers. I used to recruit for Saudi hospitals and did a couple of stints out there. The one in November was great but July and August in Jeddah, less so.

Have a brilliant day!

Hello campers :D After 3 months 'down time', this new job (with so much to learn and busy, busy, busy from the minute I get in to the second I leave.... Usually late I might add) is kicking my butt! I barely have any energy left to slurp down my shake and feed the munchkin! I'm having minimins Withdrawal *she wails again* But I still feel like I've found my spiritual home in Human Resources :) (take a minute... No. Really.... Think about how odd that sentence is lol human resources... spiritual home.... geddit? I'm tired, gimme a break ;)) Only fly in the ointment is my lovely new boss is leaving at the end of March (boo hiss) - she just got married and she and new hubby are moving by the sea and starting new adventures (*sigh* oh okay. I'll be happy for her then ;)). Anyone who's worked in any form of government role knows it's as rare as hens' teeth to get a direct superior who can't wait to teach you all you can learn so you can take over their job as soon as possible. Her last 2 'protégés are senior management now - she has a knack for nurturing greatness. I've known her two weeks and I'm going to miss her mentorship.... Oh well. I've got a few weeks yet to pick hey brains and soak up as much info as I can :D Problem is, I haven't been on such a steep learning curve since Uni!!!!!! :eek: I'm getting old! All this intensive 'heir apparent' grooming is flipping KNACKERING!!

So that's what's been keeping me racing like a hamster on a wheel IRL (Ha! I know gaming terminology :cool: I too, am hip... er... cool.... er.... funky? Oh sod it :D)

So that's me over the last two weeks, and this is me checking in with my 'postcard from the edge' (of exhaustion/100% CD land /brain draindom/insanely-busy-universe/ - insert as appropriate) - how's life in your world? Or to quote the cutest thicko ever: how you doin'? :D xxx

Glad you having a great time at work. Have a lovely weekend xx

So glad it's going well for you. It's a good kind of knackered when you are really enjoying it, but new information in the brain is really tiring. As an HR lady myself I can thoroughly recommend it although it would sometimes be a lot easier dealing with bricks, human beings ensure it is never dull. And as you say that degree of generosity from a boss is indeed rare, whatever your sector, but in government not sure I have ever heard of it!!

Hope you are continuing to have a relaxing weekend and recharging your batteries for the next onslaught. And great that you are still focussed on that 100%. Not long now till the 14s (stones and size)!

15st 1lb Woohooooooo Ignoring that +2lb that hit me from no where (despite being 100% SS (seems the act of breathing can add weight as far as my scales are concerned :mad:) that's 5lbs off :D:D:D:bunnydance:
The 'Scares' are behaving themselves again and moving in the right direction once more!

It's as cold as the Arctic here, so I'm off to snuggle under a duvet and catch up on everyone's news......

I hope everyone is having a fab, relaxing 100% weekend xx

Last edited:
Back