Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

Viita!!!!!!!!! Welcome back gorgeous! When did you get back from your trip!?! How was it? Your friends in the US must have been stunned at how brilliantly you've done. The time has flown by - and my goodness you've done AMAZINGLY! Bravo :D Final push for you now, isn't it? So good to hear from you chick xx

Hey lovelyyyy! I got back 2 and a half weeks ago unfortunately :(.. Missing it like crazy? They all thought I looked amazing which was lovely. Thanks babe I have maximum of a stone left to go! Break day tomorrow as its my anniversary so looking forward to having a lovely meal with my love. How are you doing? I see seomething about a hospital trip? Hope everythings ok! xoxo

Your boy sounds amazing, although I can totally see where he gets that from, and it ain't his Dad!

As promised, I tried on my new size 14s today. They're from Asda so don't really count as they're so generous with sizes, but they do fit, which is lovely!

Yay us :D

Didn't we do well! I don't think we need to worry about the where from. It's done and it did seem a bit far fetched when I first suggested it but we all did it. I think even at my thinnest I didn't fit in some 14s but there were a couple of 10s - unbelievable as that seems now.

Feel a bit unseemly making free with Beverley's thread when she's lying in hospital!!

I know! Hopefully it'll make her smile when she can get on and knows she was being thought of.

Wow all these 14s well done you guys!!

I'll hopefully join you on 14 march :)

Hope your op went well Bev xxx and what a sweetheart is your sunshine boy?

Is he into George Watsky? My son is mad on him he does spoken word poetry and is also FITTT!!! My boy is also my ray of sunshine...he is out on a Valentine date to pizza hut aw, he's 14 :)

Anyway hope you recover nice and quickly and go you on those crisps what an achievement!!

Xxx

Och guys! You made me laugh.... Thank you for keeping my home fires burning whilst I was away :)

Can't write much but wanted you to know I'm okay. Surgeon did laparoscopy (Hurray! Not full laparotomy slice and dice) , 4 incisions, plus one through the belly button (that really makes me feel funny). Tummy swollen with gas. I woke up about 6pm and came to the ward 7pm, guess who's face I saw 1st in ward? Yep, SB. In agony at the moment.

In a lot of pain, but okay so far, gutted I couldn't go home, but fairs fair my hands keep shaking and feel weak.

Lots of love to all, and Thank you for your good wishes and positive energy and healing light xx

Yay us!!!!!! Size 14 by the 14th...... Genius idea C! And Bravo, Bravo, Bravo to us all. So what's next lol xx xx Goodnight xx

Glad you're ok! Rest lots and be pain free soon xxx

Hope you had a good night and are keeping relatively pain free. And good news on the laparascopy even though the belly button thing made me clench everything too!!

Hope you are soon home with your feet up and a book in hand. While you are laid up you can get thinking about our next challenge. Maybe something for Easter or is that too far away - I'm hoping to be nearly done by then.

Take care x

Can't write much but wanted you to know I'm okay. Surgeon did laparoscopy (Hurray! Not full laparotomy slice and dice) , 4 incisions, plus one through the belly button (that really makes me feel funny). Tummy swollen with gas. I woke up about 6pm and came to the ward 7pm, guess who's face I saw 1st in ward? Yep, SB. In agony at the moment.

In a lot of pain, but okay so far, gutted I couldn't go home, but fairs fair my hands keep shaking and feel weak.

Oh you poor girl... The laparoscopy sounds painful. I hope you feeling better now.

:bighug:

And as promised, I'm (by necessity) a day ahead of everyone else, but dum dum duuuuh (what? Dramatic music! Lol)..... Drumroll pleeeease..... I went into Next and M&S and could fit my a$$ in a size 14 (jeans and tailored trousers)!!!!!! Size 14 by the 14th was the deal ladies and gents, I'm going to need cheering up tomorrow so I fully expect those results to come pouring in (oh yes a bit of emotional blackmail lol) :D

And as of this morning I'm 14st 8lbs, just missed my personal goal of 14.07 by 14th Feb, but if I concentrate really hard (and have a poo - sorry couldn't resist! You know you've thought that before weigh in too lol) I just may lose that extra pound by tomorrow lol

Be well beautiful people xx

So happy for you Bev!

I didn't quite make it... Still not properly into the size 18 (which was my 14 by the 14th challenge).

But all you guys have done so well - congratulations xx

glad to hear you didn t have to go down the full surgery route makes the recovery a lot easier, if your day 3 today and you get a bit down don t panic 3rd day blues are very common and they pass quickly. here to one problem being kicked into touch.

i so loved getting out of the plus sizes and into normal shops normal ranges, woop woop etc!
hope all is returning to an even keel and we ll be hearing from you soon
jxx

Hi guys! I'm finally awake.... Well for longer than 20 minutes lol

Had a bit of a nightmare on the ward on Friday night. No nurses in the surgical ward overnight! They all disappeared when the lights went out at midnight, so all night I had to get myself out of bed (7 or 8 times) to go to the loo. Agony. Oh, I forgot: I pressed the buzzer for help before they all vanished into thin air and the charmer that reluctantly turned up swished back the curtain, stared at me coldly for 10 seconds then snapped "what do you want". Wow. I had the bare faced cheek to ask for help to the loo, and she reluctantly pushed my slippers together and strolled off! I should have immediately made a break for freedom at that point. Stupid me.

So. All night the buzzers are going on my ward and the other wards as patients tried to call for attention, plus the wind is trying to lift off the roof of the porta cabin - did I not mention we were in glorified stacked porta cabins? Not noticeable unless the wind is 50mph outside! The 80 year old woman in the bed opposite was whimpering and wailing for help, so on my 5th foray to the loo I shuffled into the corridor to see if I could spot any staff. Not. A. Soul. Even the central station was deserted. Huh.

Last edited:
So just in time for consultants' ward rounds at 7am, all these bustling nurses and HSAs suddenly appeared! One of my incisions was bleeding through the dressings (did I mention I had to make up my own bed too? Yes. You read that right.) - the random Consultant that stopped by with the junior doc didn't actually check it but said (in response to my strident, slightly frantic insistence that I was going home) I would be discharged after the nurse changed my dressing and went over wound care with me.

One HOUR later a nurse happened by, glanced at me and says "oh, the doctor says you can be discharged, bye" as she hands me a blue discharge form then strolls off. I was sitting on my self made bed looking from my overnight case (somewhat over the 5lbs I read online I'm allowed to carry) to my slippers down the bottom of a 25 foot ravine (oh okay, they were on the floor - but it's the same thing when you have belly incisions). I sat like a muffin for another hour being ignored then text my ex in the waiting room to come help me (forgot to mention, he was at home looking after SB, and I text him at 6am after my fun filled night and demanded he break me out ASAP or lose valuable attached equipment;)) - so he helped me dress, I got another cheery "see ya" from the same nurse and we left.

Last edited:
Got all the way home, and realised they hadn't changed my dressings nor given me spares, nor spoken to me about wound care. Lovely. Just lovely. I called the ward and spoke to the same cheery soul who waved me on my way and she giggled: "oh! I didn't even read your notes! I should have checked the incisions, but never mind! You don't need to come back. That bloke can pick up the dressings for you if he comes to the ward, and you can change the dressings yourself at home". Ugh. I sent that 'bloke' off, ate some Prunes (thank goodness for Laparoscopy websites) and went to bed. Now there's a pretty freaky and otherworldly part of the story that goes here and has to do with the form of torture called 'Referred Pain' - but I'll get to that another time ie when I'm done moaning :D

So Sunday morning I wake up, and my right eye is bruised (it was slightly bruised immediately after the surgery but even larger now) and my top right lip is swollen and red. I have a shower and change my dressings. Of course my tummy had been pumped full of CO2 so I looked about 8 months pregnant and couldn't see the incisions properly. King Twat thought he was on a promise getting to see me in my M&S bra and up to the rib cage Bridget Jones granny knickers. And what did we find? The 'largest' incision had split one of its stitches and my skin was torn. Perfect. So. One call to 111 later (spoke to the rudest 'chip-on-shoulder' Clinician - wtf is going on!?!!) and we were heading back to the hospitals' A&E.

7 HOURS later, at 7:30pm I was finally seen by an 11 year old Consultant (oh man they look younger and younger!) who put on a steri strip and waterproof dressing but didn't even check the other three incisions (despite me asking - Ladies: any surgery or follow up, you need someone with you who can be firm. I was starving, in pain, and just couldn't yell at the baby doc. King Twat was zero use). I went home, sluiced that dirty cesspit of my body and went to bed. Why the heck is it so dirty there?

Last edited:
Monday, went to GP and discovered Stoke Mandeville Hospital is in well deserved Special Measures - and we'll be formulating a complaint. Also, I'll be contacting my surgeon - I doubt he knows what's happening to his patients post-op!

And just to cap off the joy, my belly button stitch has gone insane with granulation. You don't need the details lovelies. Looks like another ripped stitch but isn't, and it's ugly and angry looking. Enough said. And all this because the dissolvable stitches Couldn't stand up to the first night I was left to my own devices (oh, and the eye and lip? Infection from endotracheal tube anaesthetist used. Glorious )

My father dedicated his life to medicine, he was a Chief Consultant, and in his time as Chief Medical Officer ran a hospital. He consulted with the World Health Organisation on child health, diseases and best practice in Sub Saharan Africa. His nurses were the lifeblood of every practice, clinic and hospital he had. How dare this be the service this hospital provides. This mocks EVERYTHING the NHS was created to be. And what the blazes is HSA? Pay our darn nurses what they are worth so the dregs can go home and stay home. Bring back our Ward Sisters. Autonomy is great. In a business model. A ward needs a Matron cracking the whip, making sure beds are made, floors are mopped, pain relief dispensed, food served..... You know what? Just let women run the country for one month. We'll show you how it's done.

If anyone tries to refer you to Stoke Mandeville Hospital - know that they are trying to kill you. They hate you and are trying to kill you dead. I feel genuinely lucky to have escaped with my life!

Last edited:
So all in all I'm really glad to be back, with the alien gone from my ovary :D and Stoke Mandeville Hospital in the rear view mirror of my life!

I'm just taking it easy - sleeping when tired, eating when hungry (but not going wild), and moving as little as possible... And I missed you all!!! :D

I have a lot of threads to catch up on. Be well lovelies xx

Last edited:
oh my xxxxxxx god that is horrendous, your doing is what i would suggest and sending in a well detailed complaint, that type of nursing has no place any health care establishment.glad i got out when i did. there are very dedicated nurses out there but there are also a lot who you would let look after your dog but king twat would be fair game:)

hope you ll now be on the road to recovery and can get on with life.
jxx

good show has the granulation tissue slowed down?

im in good form, back to the gym, so inca training is in full swing but im not in the diet zone at all. what i am taking from it is i haven t gained from my 11st 4 and im concentrating on not putting any more on. when i think about it iv e never maintained at below 11.7 always got down past it and then started the ascent back up. although that is pretty much what i ve done again i ve dug the ice picks in hard and am still very much looking to get back to 10.7 as i felt comfortable, all my clothes fitted. so im just holding ( that will be a lesson in its self) and waiting for the next glorious diet wave to take me onwards with my journey.
jxx

God, what a nightmare! I'm so sorry you were treated like that! Makes you wonder why some people go into caring professions in the first place, eh?

I'm glad you're out of there, at least. Thinking about that poor 80 year old woman makes my heart hurt.

Back