Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

good show has the granulation tissue slowed down?

im in good form, back to the gym, so inca training is in full swing but im not in the diet zone at all. what i am taking from it is i haven t gained from my 11st 4 and im concentrating on not putting any more on. when i think about it iv e never maintained at below 11.7 always got down past it and then started the ascent back up. although that is pretty much what i ve done again i ve dug the ice picks in hard and am still very much looking to get back to 10.7 as i felt comfortable, all my clothes fitted. so im just holding ( that will be a lesson in its self) and waiting for the next glorious diet wave to take me onwards with my journey.
jxx

The granulation does seem to have slowed down and is a bit smaller.... But I don't know if that's wishful thinking. I really don't fancy the idea of the silver Nitrate treatment to shrink scar tissue :(

I'm so so proud of you for breaking the cycle of 'ascent' and holding at 11.4. Dig in those heels and clamp on to the slippery slope..... I predict a diet wave will be along shortly :D x

God, what a nightmare! I'm so sorry you were treated like that! Makes you wonder why some people go into caring professions in the first place, eh?

I'm glad you're out of there, at least. Thinking about that poor 80 year old woman makes my heart hurt.

Oh goodness FF, me too! It was awful. In those kind of situations you always think "that could be my Mum". I'm furious at the level of"care" in that hospital. Truly livid. I'm very VERY glad to be out too!!

How're you getting on diet-wise? xx

So sorry you had to put up with that. Totally unacceptable but sounds as if it's an institutional thing, it's so awful when even normal human kindness goes out of the window and thank goodness you didn't get a more serious infection.

Glad you finally got good care from the GP. Hope you are soon feeling better.

Thank you C! I'm slowly on the mend - and staying awake, through sheer stubbornness, for longer periods. I'll be right as rain soon :)

How's things in your world? x

Oh! My just catching up (couldn't sleep). Absolutely shocking but sadly I'm not surprised but very glad you survived! Sadly experienced similar thing when my DH was in hospital. What shocked me was there was no human touch from the few nurses there. I know they were short staffed but why the lack of professionalism, caring tone etc? Why work there at all!?

I hope you recovery quickly and big (((hugs)))! You should never had had to go through the trauma (and that what it was) of such cr*** post operative care. I'd personally be naming the particular nurse, there is absolutely no excuse for her not having read your notes or talking in the manner in which she did. Trying hard not be be outraged on your behalf!

Oh my gosh Bev - what a horrendous experience (albeit your usual style of writing made it a funny read).

I am so enraged for u! Im not from the UK, so dont know how it works - cant u sue the hospital? Or is your complaint equivalent?

Hope you feeling loads better today. Get well soon - we need you here charging on and spurring us along!

:hug99:

Thank you C! I'm slowly on the mend - and staying awake, through sheer stubbornness, for longer periods. I'll be right as rain soon :)

How's things in your world? x

It's been a bit Diet Emergency 999 - there's a show no one would watch - but we are back on track I think. I loved my planned break but not sure it was worth it - everything I was scared of post Christmas. Didn't even cheat that much but there were four days not at 100%. As I said in my diary it's not life or death just need to be a bit boringly obsessive for a while and if I can't do that on here then where?

Amazing how the body sleeps to put all it's efforts into healing. I saw that Bridesmaids is on the telly when you got it for your recovery film. Happened to me last week - waited over a year for Before Sunrise from lovefilm and when it finally arrived on Valentine's Day, there it was on the telly. Think you need to wait to watch Bridesmaid's anyway - it's a bit of a potential stitch splitter in parts!!

*I'd personally be naming the particular nurse, there is absolutely no excuse for her not having read your notes or talking in the manner in which she did.*

Oh Kira, you're such a sweetheart x Thank you x

I'll be naming her lazy a$$ alright! She's on a surgical ward... All of them are. They could kill somebody! There's been so much in the press about poorly performing hospitals, and what inflames me is decent nurses and doctors have to work in that mess and get tarred with the same brush as the lazy f*#ks that slope off and do no work!

Oooh they picked the wrong chick to give an infection to :D

Hope you feeling loads better today. Get well soon - we need you here charging on and spurring us along!

Hiya Bonkers, me lovely :) My doctor let me know they are in special measures already, so their poor hygiene and performance have been noted by the NHS Trust in charge (due to complaints and more serious medical malpractice) and I'll be adding my two pennies worth to the avalanche of patient complaints. I want to know who is ultimately in charge of the wards, I want an apology and I want to know exactly what they are going to do to improve (& clean their nasty a$$ hospital) . Let the battle commence :D xx

just need to be a bit boringly obsessive

Clinquant, I know you've got this in the bag and will be cruising in ketosis land in 4 days :) Funnily enough, I just left a post on your thread.... The gist of it was: I'm bl00dy sick of eating now. I mean.... You eat, you Poo. That's it. I fantasize about all these fantastic meals, but really, eh, so what? My treacherous mind will start obsessing at about 7pm ("oooh poor wittle you, you have a booboo, better eat then, no don't just eat. Scoff, gobble, RAMPAGE" lol) it's ridiculous. I'm not going back to fat-land. There's eating to rebuild strength and tissue, and then there's being a greedy guts, and I can feel myself tipping into the wrong category! So. As long as I'm feeling okay within myself (healing and recovery-wise) I'm going back to basics TODAY. 4 packs, 4 litres, 4 days. Simples.

I'm with you all the way hon, 4 days to easy street (aka ketosis).... Let's do this :D

Ps: I'm studiously ignoring the fact that after giving my hard earned money to Amazon 'Bridesmaids' had been on telly lol That's happened to me before too ;) Ah, who cares.... I'll regift it to someone else after I watch it. Funnily enough I've seen clips that look hilarious so was holding off on watching it because laughing, coughing, getting up, sitting down, are not to be undertaken lightly at the minute :D

Have a brilliant 100% day xx

GOOD LORD!!! Just glad you're ok and escaped that place!

Hiya Vikki love, me too! There really is an "escape from Alcatraz" feeling of relief to be free of that place :D

How're you getting on? Catch me up, I feel like I've been out of the loop for ages! And because I keep nodding off it's taking me 2 days to catch up with one thread lol

I hope you're well chick xx

You have every reason to want to keep the eating going but it is definitely simpler going back to basics. There is plenty of protein and all the vits in them there packs so I think if you are listening to your body and can feel it healing you are doing the right thing.

I think ketosis is back for me. Not had my second pack yet today and to be honest Saturday was some carbs but the picky silly cheats since then were all meat and cheese so I don't think I did too much damage. I think the chewing gum really messed with my stomach though and made me super hungry.

Good luck with it and be as kind to yourself in other ways as you can.

Oh I will! It really is a learned skill, isn't it? Being as loving to yourself as you are too your loved ones. I think I'm getting the hang of it... Finally :)

That's fantastic news, you being in ketosis already! It makes life so much easier, doesn't it? Go you.... I love your determination to succeed and keep the weight off.

I hope you had a really good day (diet and otherwise) xx

Oh Bev, what an awful time of it you had in there! Glad to hear you are on the mend. I really hope that hospital bucks their ideas up after getting your feedback.
It makes you realise how lucky you are when you hear stories like that, I live in Jersey and I honestly can't fault our local hospital. I'll appreciate them even more in the future now though.
Get well soon! Hope you are back to full strength in no time. X

Me too! I can't wait to be full strength again.... Do you know they fill your tummy with gas to operate and give you STRETCH MARKS!?! Bast@rds! I look like a fecking tabby cat! (no offense George) :mad: I didn't have all these when I was 9 months pregnant. Why does no one tell you these things? And my belly is all jelly, deflated and wobbly. It's like I've had a baby..... With no baby to show for it,..... And no flipping sex! This is so unfair.

It feels odd as heck - all this enforced resting. Cabin fever had well and truly settled in already! I'm tired all the time but bored of sleeping (can't believe I'm saying that: I love a lie in), I've picked the most insipid, vanilla books for my recovery (what was I thinking?) and my tummy is sore and itches like blazes. Why on earth did I think this would be some kind of vacay? Keyhole surgery my a$$. They still drill holes through layers of your tender bits!

Booooored. Aha. I'm awake at odd hours so I'll find some word association games on here and dazzle unknowns with my wit! :D

I know! I'll go snoop on threads..... Okay. Nefarious plan made. :sign0151:

Stick some bio oil on them and hopefully they'll go down a bit quicker.

I hope you managed to get some sleep.

Back