Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

Hi both, coping with a normal working week has been exhausting.... Not helped by the fact I have no if my role will extend beyond the end of April - my boss is taking early retirement and leaving next Wednesday. The girl in filling the post for (on secondment) is dithering about whether she wants to stay in the Managerial post she's in until 2015, and is campaigning furiously to make sure I'm no more than a place holder for her if she wants to run back to her bolt hole. And I've been farmed out to 2 members of the Senior Management team who are respectively (a) ineffectual and an ass coverer and (b) the other is unable to speak in sentences shorter than 500 words and still doesn't get to the point of what the role will be. Happy days :rolleyes: Whatever. It's a paychecque, right? I'll just keep looking around and applying for my OWN role. Wish me luck!

As for RC: I've not heard a word. So much for his big speech about how much he 'likes' me. I deserve better and will not settle for any less.

In other news (the best news as far as I'm concerned) I'm firmly in the 100% zone and in 'Fresh Fat' - okay, only by 1lb but I'm thrilled. In just one stone exactly I'll be the lowest I've been as an adult :eek::D

xx

Hi both, coping with a normal working week has been exhausting.... Not helped by the fact I have no if my role will extend beyond the end of April - my boss is taking early retirement and leaving next Wednesday. The girl in filling the post for (on secondment) is dithering about whether she wants to stay in the Managerial post she's in until 2015, and is campaigning furiously to make sure I'm no more than a place holder for her if she wants to run back to her bolt hole. And I've been farmed out to 2 members of the Senior Management team who are respectively (a) ineffectual and an ass coverer and (b) the other is unable to speak in sentences shorter than 500 words and still doesn't get to the point of what the role will be. Happy days :rolleyes: Whatever. It's a paychecque, right? I'll just keep looking around and applying for my OWN role. Wish me luck!

As for RC: I've not heard a word. So much for his big speech about how much he 'likes' me. I deserve better and will not settle for any less.

In other news (the best news as far as I'm concerned) I'm firmly in the 100% zone and in 'Fresh Fat' - okay, only by 1lb but I'm thrilled. In just one stone exactly I'll be the lowest I've been as an adult :eek::D

xx

That sounds like quite a place you are working in. Nothing like job insecurity and cuts to make people behave badly. Usually nothing to do with the issues that people raise just fear and personal stuff. I'm sure if anyone can negotiate their way through the minefield, you can.

Brilliant on being so close to your lowest weight as an adult. I have bounced around so much it is never quite fresh fat for me. You have done so well to keep yourself going 100% with surgery, work stuff and the obvious disappointment with RC. Hard to imagine why they do it (I have a sneaky feeling he may be married) but rest assured it is nothing to do with you . You do deserve to be treated much better but that doesn't mean that it's not tough to deal with the disappointment and the loss of all the things that you had hoped for. So in the meantime:bighug:and hope you get to enjoy a lovely sunny weekend.

Oh my goodness!!!!!!! Me too! I was trying not to look too paranoid! I know the 'modern' dating game is all texting and fast paced but the messages at odd hours and last minute cancellations smell of commitments of the WIFE kind..... Which makes me so furious I could spit :9529::mad: I was that wife! I too was married to the one of the lowest-forms-of-life-created-with-man-parts. I'm not saying this is a fact of course, but my gut is whispering that this guy is at best Unreliable, and at worst arrogant and rude..... And at the very worst loathsome. Good thing I know now.

Anywhoooo :D the sun is shining, my week had finally come to an end and all is right with the World..... How's your day been? xx

Hi Bev, how are you doing? Great to hear you are in the fresh fat stage :) sorry I've been quiet, I'm busy with the wedding and work, crazy busy! Still on the wagon, but now up to step 4!! Got to stay about the same weight until after the wedding now too make sure the adjusted and re-adjusted dress will fit on the day!! Exciting times! I've only got 8lb to go till target, but I'll tackle that after the honeymoon! I'm in a good place and have been maintaining so far, so all is good! X

Hi lovely! That's great news :D You're totally right: this is not the time to lose more weight! Well done on maintaining and holding steady :clap::clap:

I hope the big day is as beautiful as I imagine it will be..... With a stunning bride :D we'll all be here to cheer you on when you get back to shrug off that final 8lbs. Big hugs and congratulations in advance (& thanks for checking in sweetie) xx

Hi Bev

Wow! Work sounds difficult... When will you hear on the job front - permanent or contract extension?

And RC - unless he is in the hospital with a tube down his throat and broken fingers - no excuse for not calling! Everything happens for a reason and I know he was sent to make you stronger!

Enjoy your lowest weight (are your stats up to date) - you have done so well in sticking to it with surgery and work and RC.

How is sunshine boy doing? Hope you having a lovely weekend xx

p.s. In answer to your question on my diary - I will post pics when I get to Dukan TW :)

Great to read you're in the zone. It's such a good place to be. Sorry to hear about work stuff but yes it's a pay cheque and hopefully things will be sorted and become settled. Hope you are having a great weekend and don't give rc a second thought.

Hey all, just enjoying the sunshine :)

So had my WI this morning and it's a sts from mid-week but I'm okay with that (at least the journey had kicked off, right? 14st 7lbs.... Not too shabby :D Of course I didn't weigh myself after surgery, so I have no idea what I gained during my recovery (quite proud of myself for ignoring pageboy poundage and just focusing on vitamins and nutrients with low carbs).... But not a bad base line and into Fresh Fat, as I said, from pre-surgery . It's alllll good xx

Hurrah for fresh fat and it will shift - your body has been through a lot and is probably a bit suspicious to be shedding too much too soon. You know to keep the faith and it will all come good. I'm looking at the fact that I feel pretty good now and every pound is a bonus. As long as I keep my eye on the goal - and I've been goal setting all weekend - then a slightly more scenic route is OK.

get safe from this man QUICK.http://me.dethewindowdi.com/6.jpg/img][/QUOTE]

Oh Kathy, I intend to! That genuinely made me smile.... Thank you for that. I don't know how women always just [B]know[/B], but yes, I spent an extraordinary amount of time this weekend licking my wounds and talking to myself: I deserve better, I deserve manners, there's nothing wrong with me, I will find a decent worthy man, I will not comfort myself with food. I think I'm a pretty switched on, independent, confident woman.... But d@mn. Why can't people be uncomplicated and not play games?

So today, all that introspection has paid off, and I feel strong and engaged in the here and now, and my priorities: my son, getting a permanent job, finishing this diet!!!

Thank you for checking in x What plan are you on /starting etc? I can't see anything properly from my f phone (is there an image in your post?) xx

Hurrah for fresh fat and it will shift - your body has been through a lot and is probably a bit suspicious to be shedding too much too soon. You know to keep the faith and it will all come good. I'm looking at the fact that I feel pretty good now and every pound is a bonus. As long as I keep my eye on the goal - and I've been goal setting all weekend - then a slightly more scenic route is OK.

As ever you are totally right: as long as we're focused on what we want to achieve and by when, the scenic route is just fine :) And my body is very much on strike..... But if I hold my nerve and carry on 100 % it would be a biological impossibility to not shed poundage!

xx

Wow so much to catch up on!

Congrats on being 100% again :D well done you.

RC - his loss hunni! Hold that head up high - you deserve the stars not the underworld.

Work - pffft some people are just a pain in the a** and some are worse than that! Trust me I know!!

I've decided, after two crappy weeks (one of which I lost 2 1/2 lbs, Lord knows how!!!) that I'm going to step it up to ss+. First week and really enjoying my chicken and veg. It's giving me something to look forward to when I get in from work. Having a stressful time at work at the moment and it's making me want to rebel but in the process it's just myself that I'm hurting!

Currently 15st 2 1/4 lbs, just 2 1/2 lbs til I'm 14 stone something and I haven't been that for two years or more! 8 weeks 5 days til holiday and I want to be 14 stone 3lbs or under before then. Doable? I think so if I work hard!

Last edited:
you deserve the stars not the underworld.

Oh Vikki, I LOVE it! Lol... He had the temerity to text and tell me he has 'man flu' and how poorly he is ("talk to the hand ".... aaah the 90s gone but not forgotten ;)) - Ugh. Who cares?

What's going on at work? You okay? Deeeep breath time lovely - if we can resist having these trying times derail us, we can triumph over anything.

8 weeks 5 days to lose a stone? I should bloody think so madam. You can lose that with a very comfortable margin. In fact I'll place my wager at just under 2 stone. You can do this.... And strategising to keep yourself in the game is the mark of a woman determined to get to goal. Well done you xx You going to do SS+ until maintenance? Speaking of: don't forget to factor going up the steps in your 8 week timetable or your metabolism will go nuts and hang on to every carb that passes your lips! I speak from experience :rolleyes: lol xx

Bev I re-read your post yesterday about being back in the zone yesterday and decided to have a mental cleanse and not have anything until as late as possible. I managed until 6pm and I felt so much better for it and sort of back in the mental zone I need to be to stick to plan. Does that make sense? I was finding myself heading back to losing complete control and re-gaining all I had lost in 2012. Whether it was your specific post or someone's post, success or struggle, it always is Mini's that helps me get back on track in some way or another. It makes me feel so not alone in this fat fight.

Bev I re-read your post yesterday about being back in the zone yesterday and decided to have a mental cleanse and not have anything until as late as possible. I managed until 6pm and I felt so much better for it and sort of back in the mental zone I need to be to stick to plan. Does that make sense? I was finding myself heading back to losing complete control and re-gaining all I had lost in 2012. Whether it was your specific post or someone's post, success or struggle, it always is Mini's that helps me get back on track in some way or another. It makes me feel so not alone in this fat fight.

:bighug:

Hey Bev

Just checking in... Sounds like you are back in the zone and RC is out!

Have a beautiful day love xx

Bev

I am determined yes! I'm going to do SS+ for this week plus three more, see if I can shift a stone and then I have 4 weeks to do a little maintain so 1 week of 810, 1 week of 1000 and 2 weeks of 1200 I'm hoping for but we'll have to see. I plan to stick to 1200 cals on holiday (excluding drinks :D) but I do swim a lot when on hols and we're on the side of a cliff so there are lots of steps lol I'll be like Rocky!!! Aaaaadddrriiiieeeennnnnneeeeee *cue Eye of the Tiger music*

Just another stone and I'll fit in all my holidays clothes again without having to go buy any new - refusing to buy new as I've only worn the stuff I've got a handful of times (always take too much with me - but hey I'm female right?!)

Need to stay away from the carbs though! They are a serious downfall for me - I'm a total carb monster. Gonna have to be careful I know but I want to go on hols and enjoy myself, have a little of what I fancy and lots of the good healthy stuff! Taking my My Fitness Pal with me so I can keep track of my cals lol

Oh I'm so so glad I helped in any way Kira! We havetheability to succeed within us - Im so thrilled your mojo is back! xx

Back