Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

Oh C, I'm having a love weekend! I spent most of yesterday snuggled in bed with a good book, cramming all my relaxing into one day as I be making the 4 hour round trip trek into London for a wonderful friends' daughters' 16th birthday. How time flies!!!! The sunshine boy is still out cold but so far I've had my shake and I've mopped and hoovered everywhere. Just sipping some water while I catch up on all the threads I've missed.

I hope everyone is having a smashing weekend! And you're right, I'll hold on to the dream of the CIPD course (in HR) and hope the universe rewards my faith :D xx

Beverly75- you've been so inspiring to read and see how day by day you're winning, that you're 5 stones down is no mean feat! Well done! Keep going because you are doing so well and you will finish well. Well done!

Hi Neo_Soul! You're doing pretty amazingly yourself! Thank you - funnily enough I was already having one of those days (at 10am) where I was just feeling 'blah' and your message has just given me an amazing boost.... Thank you so much x

Do you have a diary? I always love to read the triumphs of fellow CDers :D

Much love, the sun is shining... Let's keep fighting the good fight! x

wow everyone is getting so close to their target weights - WELL DONE :D

So jealous lol I have so long to go

Did my SS+ last week, only to find I'd done it a little wrong by only having two shakes a day and a small meal. Aunt Flo was visiting for the week and boy did it show! 1/4lb weight gain and an in ch on my tummy and boobs!! unbelieveable - just not what I need 8 weeks before my holiday.

No bikinis fit me, they look awful and I'm refusing to buy any new ones!

Back on SS+ again this week Had a terrible weekend lol I really do know how to sabotage myself! Back on it now!! Zumba for the kinect last night for an hour (apparently burned 1017 calories, not sure how true that is but hey ho, I'll take it). Going to do zumba each night this week until Friday weigh in. Hopefully it will help shift this extra weight and flab :(

Loving this thread- so inspirational! Love seeing the losses in everyone's info bars. Keep going everyone! Every day is one day closer to that goal x

evening lady

just thought id pop in from limbo land let you know that i continue to maintain there might be a little swell of diet wave coming as am determined not to stop this time, there is a bit of a psychological battle within myself just now as i am swinging from right we can do this to.... ohh great you just ate 4 flakes, well thats today nuked whats next? still im still in the ring so hope is not lost.

on a more troublesome note my partner lost his job as well so he is at home cooking up a storm and leaving treats about, basically im a reformed addict living the the food equivalent of a crack house. this has not helped but in the last few days i ve been pulling up the strength to just say no! (i had a flash of the grange hill bunch then:) )

i was thinking about that Plato quote and it is a good way to behave but always be prepared for them bringing the fierce battle to your doorstep. it can indeed be a shy insecure type but it can also be a nut job( ive met both). hopefully work is going ok and the leetlle research demon that you are was able to put the proverbial out of the fire. heard if the contract got extended?

did you ever get to the bottom of the conundrum that is rc ? not that it ll make a jot of difference but i have been willing him away from the dark side.

right im off to learn some Spanish, it is a slow and painful process but i must be able to order bus/train tickets and get a room for my Peruvian trip

adios!( my tutor was complementing me on how well i was doing as id told her i was shockingly bad at learning languages but i didn t have the heart to let her that most of what i ve been doing has been covered by dora the explorer!) .
jxx

Lol.... Dora the Explorer? Love it!!!!!

I'm great - no huge news to impart (no contract yet, and the agency + scatty management have messed with my pay for the last three weeks.... SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!! Or give me a flipping contract..... NOW) Ahem. But I discovered I am a HUGE dunderhead..... I've been literally panicking solo.....

Okay, first, TOTM is due so I've been going to bed to stay away from the kitchen even before the opening bars play for Eastenders' (I think I'm fighting off the Sunshine Boy's flu virus, I've been so weary I can hardly function)!

Secondly, my swollen knee is killing me in this stupid weather (giant cyst on medial line of right knee thanks to suspected ripped hamstring leaking fluid into knee joint + arthritis behind knee cap. Did I even post that 4th March update?sorry)

And the biggie: my CDC can't come until Monday night - I stupidly thought I had enough shakes to get me through..... I don't. Now what? It sounds so stupid, but I've finally, finally broken through the plataeu and as of this morning was 14st 4lbs(Yeah, baby :D). I don't want to add a thing. I sure as heck don't want to squirt out of ketosis!!!!! Help! What do I do?

I have 6 CDshakes and one dodgy bouillon thing from LL.... (not LLs greatest fan) I'm seriously panicking here. Why does this mess happen to me when I'm in the groove and finally 'dropping it like it's hot' (the weight I mean. Jeez, I'm soooo en trend..... Not :)) - sorry, back to the point: that's tomorrow and Saturday covered. What do I do for Sunday and the whole of Monday?!? Ugh.

All advice and suggestions welcome xx

i have 7 packets left i ll send them to you if it would help can can pm an address. otherwise check the Cambridge website and see if there is a local counsellor near you and if you can buy some products
jx

Aww man - in sorry to hear about your partner losing his job, Jen. That is seriously rubbish. As for you? You're living in a 'crack den', get over it and step away from our drug of choice. Yeah. I would struggle too.

Here's the thing. Restarting is not for some mythical tomorrow.... (who says you get that?) it's for today. As soon as you swallow the last bit of devils' nectar (mmmmm chocolate) tell yourself this second is the start. Drink loads of water to get back in the game. You can do this.... If you're anything like me, that devil vs angel on my shoulder talking to myself thing is the constant theme of every new foray into reclaiming my life. You're holding steady now. Why not start from that good place and finish this off?

Re: RC? A couple of of texts here and there (he's ill /he's better/he's having a rare weekday lie in). Whatever. If he asks me on a date some time in the future? We'll see. Until then, I'm too busy for post cards from his life. I still think he's a bit rude. Ah well. At least I hadn't given him a "test drive" (nudge, nudge, wink, wink) before he kinda disappeared.... Or we'd be in voodoo-doll-pin-in-the-eyes territory right about now :8855:. As it is? Meh. Not too fussed any more, which is a shame. For him! Lol

xx

he had quite a productive day and has been talking to a few agency s so hopefully it won t be too long seems pretty positive, fingers crossed. at least im able to cover our outgoings, (thanks mum for all the a woman needs to be able to support herself talks over the years!)

i ve been on the straight and narrow for 4days (woop woop, not) just thought enough is enough you have to do this. was contemplating going back to the shakes due to the high level of temptation in the flat but realised i was only putting off the inevitable as the foods always going to be here and i best get used to dealing with it. nothing is set in stone but tried and tested reduce food intake is option 1.

rc ; yes it is very good that the pony never got a trot round the paddock:) as that adds another level of insult. i genuinely do not get why you would wax lyrical in the way he did and then turn on your heels. its not as bad if the golden goose turns out to be a spray painted pigeon. his loss but it is good to see the real character so you dont feel like you missed an opportunity.
jxx

and rats on the knee that is not a combination that adds a single thing to your day. will you have to have an operation?

Oh good! Fingers and toes crossed he finds something soon - there's only so much Jeremy Kyle one can stand :D

Are you kidding? Or being serious? 4 days is bl00dy fantastic!! Tell me those weren't hard won 4 days that took oh about a year's worth of perseverance? Well. Done. You :clap:

Re: the shakes - I'd rip your arm off if they're going begging.... But. What if you fancy an easy dabble some day and just need a couple of days detox to see you right? I've been known to hang on to 2/3 days' soups /shakes when I've been low carbing/healthy eating, and I want you to do what you do so well: kick these pounds into touch! Thank you. Sounds foolish, but that really touched me :hug99:

Hang on to the emergency supplies.... I'll check out the CD site tomorrow xx

Huh. RC. It's so odd I have no choice but to see what's next.... Again, sounding foolish (or Pollyanna) but I really do believe 'what's for me, can't pass me by', you know? I will meet an amazing man to share my life with. I'm sure the road will be rocky, but (warning! I feel another cliché coming on!) I refuse to let weird man-cave-mind-games make me 'sweat the small stuff' - and frankly, if it ain't toilet-lid-up-socks-dropped-everywhere-luurrve, it's all 'small stuff'. Reserving judgement on this one (pony around the paddock? Really? Hahaha! I like your euphemism better :D) xx

Loving this thread- so inspirational! Love seeing the losses in everyone's info bars. Keep going everyone! Every day is one day closer to that goal x

Thank you Cambridgefan :wavey:

Your stats are pretty brilliant too! I hope you stick around on here (or do you have a thread we can visit?) - I could use the motivation right now :rolleyes:

Welcome welcome x

the shakes are 2 toffee /walnut 1 mint choc. 3 porrs (org/apple) and a rice pudding if you want them i ll post them tom. i can just nip up to my old counsellor as she only up the road if needed.

they were hard won right enough, here s to many more

mum, woman of many wisdoms always states what s for you etc etc i love a cliché, in fact i have a saying or song for all occasions
jx

Vikki!! Sweetheart! Stop it now.

(did that work? No?)

Did my SS+ last week, only to find I'd done it a little wrong by only having two shakes a day and a small meal. Aunt Flo was visiting for the week and boy did it show! 1/4lb weight gain and an in ch on my tummy and boobs!! unbelieveable - just not what I need 8 weeks before my holiday.

First of all: being as familiar with self sabotage as I am, I know first hand (a) it sucks (b) it feels like possession.... As you eat a small inner voice is screaming "WTF!???". I get it. Totally. But. You have worked so hard to get here. It's a bit cheeky of me, but leave the SS+ alone for 2 weeks? Just to get 'right' in your head? Or be ruthless. Eat only the recipes in those little 'Step' books. Methodically take yourself up a step (hark at me? In the past I've not done any step beyond SS/mess up /SS!). The Zumba sounds good, but you have to realise :self sabotage is just 'you' out to get 'you'. You can plateau or even lose pre-holiday..... We're all rooting for you - do you have a goal weight or dress size in mind for your hols? Sending you positive vibes hon, be strong xx

and rats on the knee that is not a combination that adds a single thing to your day. will you have to have an operation?

Think so (consultant was pretty excited about what caused the 'growth' - unusual tear or something apparently). I'm seeing him again in mid April. He drew off fluid and was hoping it wouldn't come back over 8 weeks, but if it did we'd have to talk surgery..... Me being me It ballooned back up in 6 HOURS :confused:

the shakes are 2 toffee /walnut 1 mint choc. 3 porrs (org/apple) and a rice pudding if you want them i ll post them tom. i can just nip up to my old counsellor as she only up the road if needed.

they were hard won right enough, here s to many more

mum, woman of many wisdoms always states what s for you etc etc i love a cliché, in fact i have a saying or song for all occasions
jx

I know you do! Or a movie quote :D Didn't we bond over Star Trek? Lol

Oooh yes please then!!!!! I would love the shakes.... I'll pm you my address.... I'm so so relieved! I've really been panicking for the last three days. Mwah x

right im heading off to bed as im going to get myself prepared for the kate bush ticket frenzy tom, i know realistically theres not much chance but ya gotta be in it to win it!

not even 6 hours of relief?.. nasty knee
jxx

Back