Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

Good idea! Synchronise weigh ins on the 11th,then see where we're at on the 25th? Any other ideas?

Day by day "Honk if you were 100%" check ins?

I'm all fired up for this :D

So, I'll get a thread going and post a link back here....

That sounds a very encouraging plan. I won't join, this time, though, as I'm only on day 3 of my first ever VLCD and am just taking each day as it comes. I'm not sticking to a strict plan as if I can't get this to work with my life I'll just end up giving up, so I have a clutch of contingencies to allow for some spontaneity but to still let me stay in control. In general I'll just do 3 packs a day, but I might add some fresh, green veg to the meal packs. If I'm out with friends I'll eat a low carb/low fat meal (I'm just telling my F&F that low carbing, as I don't need the extra pressure of explaining myself). Good luck with your 2 week challenge!

Start weight: 18.7
Prep week: 17.13 (-8lbs)
Week 1:

That sounds a very encouraging plan. I won't join, this time, though, as I'm only on day 3 of my first ever VLCD and am just taking each day as it comes. I'm not sticking to a strict plan as if I can't get this to work with my life I'll just end up giving up, so I have a clutch of contingencies to allow for some spontaneity but to still let me stay in control. In general I'll just do 3 packs a day, but I might add some fresh, green veg to the meal packs. If I'm out with friends I'll eat a low carb/low fat meal (I'm just telling my F&F that low carbing, as I don't need the extra pressure of explaining myself). Good luck with your 2 week challenge!

Start weight: 18.7
Prep week: 17.13 (-8lbs)
Week 1:

Hi Ella, it sounds like you're very sensibly finding your feet and pacing yourself. One of the worst parts of a vlcd is everyone else (real world friends and family) giving you their opinions whether you want them or not! This is an exciting time for you to be totally self centred (in the literal translation of the words!) and find your route to success. Bravo! xx

Great idea Bev! Ill be sticking at 100% til the 11th start, so you can be accountable to me til then :p

How've you done today Bev?

Hey Jo, I've done great today - but I find myself sceptical of my own success.... It's like probing a sore tooth ("uh huh. Been here before... How long will this focus last? " - snide mental voice sneers) Am I a fruit cake or do we somehow stop trusting ourselves and our own 'mojo' when wet med about? Very odd phenomena, but I'm hanging in there :D

I hope you all had a great day too x (looking forward to the 11th now - and whatever blubber I can shed before then is a huge bonus! Lol)

I know what you mean.. I think as you've done so well on day 1, don't see tomorrow as day 2 and the following as day 3, because a number of days feels like a challenge.

If you can, just try and think of tomorrow by itself, and just aim to be 100% tomorrow by itself. And repeat!

Bev i get those voices too! And they are so evil! but fight back! You have done it before and you will do it again and that is what you have to tell yourself. Great advice Jo, we just need to repeat repeat repeat and see every day as day 1. Then repeat some more when you lose the mojo like I did when I felt a wobble yesterday and I had to fight with all my might. Think I may be doing that today to but we can do it.

I agree. I find it very hard to make the connection between what I put in my mouth today and my body shape. Easy to think we are clever but every day we try and beat the system with a bit of this or a bit of that makes that goal much more elusive. I have reached the stage where I am looking forward to our 100% challenge and logging some perfect days under my belt.

Hi Bev

Glad all going better. Am off to subscribe to your challenge thread to cheer you guys on xx

I know what you mean.. I think as you've done so well on day 1, don't see tomorrow as day 2 and the following as day 3, because a number of days feels like a challenge.

If you can, just try and think of tomorrow by itself, and just aim to be 100% tomorrow by itself. And repeat!

Gosh, you're really on to something with that advice - I then started losing the plot on day 4! so. No recording of days, I'll just live through each day as best I can (come to think of it, that's what I did back in October!). Brill idea Jo x

How did your second day 1 go Bev?

I keep a little log on my phone with '100% day' written out 7 times so I'm not aiming for a week 100% I'm aiming for a day 100%.

Then I delete each 100% day and as I delete my seventh 100% day I pop '1 week 100%' at the top and put in my seven lines to delete again.

Only psychological but it really really helps me knowing I only have to do today to meet my goal.

I'm going to figure out how to use that on this stupid Samsung phone if it kills me!

Second day 1 was pretty good - not easy breezy, but not a hair pulling, nail biting challenge, of teeth gritting guts either lol

Looking forwards to third day of doing day 1. Minute but minute, hour by hour :)

Please keep the good ideas on coping mechanisms coming - in using them ALL xx

Great stuff Bev!

You can definitely be 100% just for the day, after all, its just 17 hours left. My first few days I split the day into 4 hour slot mini goals!

Just think, end of day you'll have achieved 3 goals already this week :)

Hi all

Bev - so glad you've got your mojo back and so glad to hear you're all doing so damn well! very proud of you all

Me? yes Queen of Self-Sabotage is here and not damn well leaving at the moment. I just think I'm already in holiday mode. ho hum. Weigh in tonight though and one more week to go before holidays. At least I'm no longer a size 20 and am now fitting comfortably into my size 16s and yes, I can even fit into my size 14 holiday clothes woop :)

Anywho, 1 week to go, getting excited eventhough I've had nightmares with our visas because of stupid First Choice but never mind eh.

One week on Cambridge left. When I come back I intend on doing low carb high protein and may even try Weight Watchers as I've not tried their new diet but if you don't mind I'd still like to visit you all? :) xxxxxxxxxxx

Good luck girlies, keep strong, you can do this xxxxx

Back