Step 1 Sole Source The Last Re-start!

Morning lovelies! Well. The less said about the last horrible uncertain week, the better. I'm battling through a real slide into depression and misery..... Want to guess what I do when finances, work and health go to sh!t? Yep. So here I am again. This is ONE thing I can control, so I'm trying to stay on course one day at a time starting now.

I've decided that rather than stew in my misery alone, I better go back to basics and haunt Minimins! Nothing else is working too great, and I find myself so busy being miserable (dead laptop doesn't help!) that I'm too 'ugh' to log on. But. Something has to work and if not now, then when? When I'm back to 20 stone? Heck no. Already squeezing back into my 16s. Not. Good.

So here I go again. Wish me luck!!

B xx

Ps: did I mention I lost a novel I was writing on that stupid laptop? And it's all my fault for not backing up. Stupid. :-( Ah well. Onwards.....

Bev, Is your hard drive mullered or just the laptop? I killed a laptop but with a screwdriver I extracted the hard drive, and connected it via a cable I got cheap from maplins - all data recovered - your novel might be saved?!

By the way, welcome back, today is day one for me again, NONE of my clothes fit and I can hardly breathe in the bra I'm wearing today, I binged so bad hopefully it will repel me from food for enough time to hopefully get going, only time will tell though/

Let's try our best to get out of this cycle of misery!

x

Hi ladies!

I'm also on day 1 again, spent the past 5 weeks attempting restarts and bingeing and restarting and bingeing etc..

I think we can take comfort in the fact that while our behaviour isn't ideal, its not abnormal and we can rein it back in.

I've gone up to 184 from 174 in 5 weeks but hoping lots of that is bloat. We haven't failed if we can deal with it before we're back where we started.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Critical meeting in 30 minutes, where I will again - no doubt - be treated like an idiot, and my mind instantly skittered to food. What the heck is wrong with me? I HAVE to break this cycle. Food is not my comfort. Food does NOT make me feel worthy nor valued. I am whole without stuffing my face! Rinse, repeat.

I hate this place :-(

In fact, as you know, food makes you feel unworthy and like utter crap, as does being out of control.

What's a day or a week or a month out of your life without food? What's the worse that can happen? We both know you'll feel happier back in control.

It is really really hard, as I well know, but its so worth it. Start valuing yourself and let yourself succeed at this instead of self sabotaging.

I had a very naughty weekend ladies. Got taken out by hubby to a posh restaurant for dinner on Friday, the food was divine, followed by a birthday party on sat where I drank a lot of wine. Had a thoroughly great weekend but back on it today. Gym and plenty of water. God I hope I can pull it back and get even a lb off this week
good luck for the week folks ........ We can do this!

Oh my goodness, why do I feel better that I'm not alone? You are spot on Jo, my behaviour isn't abnormal - others have been exactly where I am now and came through the other side.

I've got yet another in house interview today for a job that has yet again been earmarked for someone else.... Cronyism is alive and well in the South East! Who knew

I know I can do this, I just have to get in the zone.... Just four days of SS and I'll be on my way....

Good luck to us all xx

Bev you really aren't on your own, we're all guilty of it. We lose weight, we feel great whilst life is ticking along, and then the proverbial spanner jabs us in the ribs and we fall 'off the wagon' turning to food for comfort and solace. A Downward spiral that is all too familiar for me. The holy grail is being able to eat healthily and get a helpful amount of exercise all the time. coping with what life chucks at us shouldn't mean the difference between good or bad habits, but so it's so hard to deprogram. we're all intelligent women, why is it so hard??

Im in the gym again today undoing the damage from the weekend. The sense of self loathing is just awful. I had a good loss last week after a week of working really hard, and ive gone and undone it all in a matter of 2 days. Like I said, downward spiral

good luck for a good week. As for the interview well you've gotta give it your best shot regardless, so you can hold your head up high and leave them wondering if they made the wrong choice ....... :)

Last edited:
I can totally identify with the self loathing. Once I feel I've achieved something (ie. a good loss) I seem to totally self sabotage. I don't do it in any other area of my life so incredibly frustrating to do it with food.

Lost 3 lbs since yesterday (all water obviously) which makes me want to eat today, but all that'll happen is that I see that 3 lbs back on tomorrow and 3 days are wasted - the loss, the gain and the day to get back the loss. Utter madness! Manageable for maintenance but not good for loss.

Most silly thing is, we all know we can lose successfully on plan - let's get to feeling good with that in mind, we've achieved it before and can do it again.

I am the Queen of Self Sabotage! As soon as those scales show a loss I think it's time to gorge myself!! Ridiculous really! x

Why do we do it to ourselves?! Why reward a loss with a gain?!

I'm really struggling today ladies. I feel so hungry. Went to the gym last night and again this morning, all cardio work so felt really pleased with myself, but as the day's gone on I've felt worse and worse. Tired and hungry :( and after the weekend I'm beating myself up so much I feel bobbins
why oh why????

my husband left me a lovely note recently telling me how gorgeous I am, and that I don't need to lose weight. It was so sweet. The trouble is I think 'yeah you're right' until I want to buy a nice dress or a see a photo of myself and I cringe at the size of my wobbly belly. Vicious circle

#feelingsorryformyselftoday

I'm really struggling today ladies. I feel so hungry. Went to the gym last night and again this morning, all cardio work so felt really pleased with myself, but as the day's gone on I've felt worse and worse. Tired and hungry :( and after the weekend I'm beating myself up so much I feel bobbins
why oh why????

my husband left me a lovely note recently telling me how gorgeous I am, and that I don't need to lose weight. It was so sweet. The trouble is I think 'yeah you're right' until I want to buy a nice dress or a see a photo of myself and I cringe at the size of my wobbly belly. Vicious circle

#feelingsorryformyselftoday

Congrats on your gym visits! Perhaps you're overdoing it with SS though? Even hard cardio on Step 2 is probably too much.

Stop beating yourself up, you ARE gorgeous as you are, but you want to love how you look and there's nothing wrong with that. It's not about what other people think (lovely as it is for people to think you look good), it's about how you feel.

Just get through today. Don't worry about tomorrow, just focus on doing well today, and you'll feel so much better in the morning for doing it.

You can do this, its totally up to you whether you do or not.

Bev you really aren't on your own, we're all guilty of it. We lose weight, we feel great whilst life is ticking along, and then the proverbial spanner jabs us in the ribs and we fall 'off the wagon' turning to food for comfort and solace. A Downward spiral that is all too familiar for me. The holy grail is being able to eat healthily and get a helpful amount of exercise all the time. coping with what life chucks at us shouldn't mean the difference between good or bad habits, but so it's so hard to deprogram. we're all intelligent women, why is it so hard??

Im in the gym again today undoing the damage from the weekend. The sense of self loathing is just awful. I had a good loss last week after a week of working really hard, and ive gone and undone it all in a matter of 2 days. Like I said, downward spiral

good luck for a good week. As for the interview well you've gotta give it your best shot regardless, so you can hold your head up high and leave them wondering if they made the wrong choice ....... :)

My thinking EXACTLY lol. I made an excellent accounting of myself and used it as invaluable interview technique practice xx

Ugh. So the 'madness' is universal (I wonder if it's just a female thing, or do men go through the self sabotage /"comfort " eating nonsense too?)

Anyway, yet another epic fail day behind me, BUT the sun has risen on a new day.... And I will not wallow in my misery. I will crack this nut once again.... I've given myself a 7 day challenge starting right now. If this is day 1, that mythical state of ketosis should be achieved by Saturday morning. Seems ever so doable (and shorter somehow!?!) - Saturday is coming either way, I'd rather face it on the cusp of ketosis :)...

Stay during today ladies. We really can do this.... heck, we've already DONE this before. Sending out cosmic positivity to us all today and I'll be muttering your names under my breath all day "xxx we can do this!", as a mantra. Did I mention the empty locker next to my seat is used as the repository for ALL of the cakes, chocolates and biscuits FOR THE WHOLE FLOOR????? I'm not even a big fan of sweets (savouries are my poison). Well, yesterday has passed, we're never seeing it again, today is happening right now. This second. This we CAN change :) xx

Good luck you can absolutely do this. The weekend will be here very shortly and as you say how much better to meet it on plan and with a ketosis energy whoosh. Not sure what I'm doing but I have packed a bag of lots of lovely healthy stuff this morning instead of writing a ridiculous whingey post which is what I wanted to do. Being in action with a plan is always a winner.

Have a brilliant day and keep that locker on lockdown! :)

When you're feeling shaky post how you're feeling on here, and why you think that food will help. I think seeing how irrational we can be about food in black and white helps.

Also, not necessarily everyone's cup of tea, but I read somewhere you should write down what you're eating as you're eating it, and that distracts you from the eating and refocuses on how you're feeling.

Hello all,

I hope that you don't mind another new start. I am currently on Day 3 with many more to go :) But feeling very positive this time........... Yes you read correct, this time!!!! I am fast approaching 27 and last time I did this I was 19 and got to 10st form 15st. It was amazing and got to goal, but things happen and I can't blame anyone but me although I have had a child in that time also.

So anyway enough of my babbling I am on Day 3 and happy !!!! Slight sick and dizzy feeling on Monday but If I can remember nearly 8 years ago it was the same.

Anyway I have a Birthday coming up on Monday, not so bothered about food that day as I will be at work but Hubby is taking us away for the weekend so not a great End to my first week. Will stick to one meal and make it meat to not ruin all his efforts lol.

Being social is so hard, I have not told friends that I am on the diet as it is as you all know given the wonky eyed look as if you don't know what you're doing !!!!

Anyway this group looks amazing and all the storeys that I have read through are great!!! I have 8-9stone to lose so please keep this thread going :)

I hope that at my 2 week weigh in on 22nd July will prove my hard work (My CDC is on holiday so hence the gap of 2 weeks)

Thank you all and have a good day :)

HG

Today's another hard day ? I can't seem to get in the zone at all. I have days where it's great, I don't think about food or what I'm missing out on and then other days (like this week) it's all I can think about ?

TOTM is looming, perhaps that's why?

Back