The Last Stone

Yesterdays food...

B
None

L
Client meeting with sandwiches provided. I had 1 chicken, spinach and bacon small sandwich on brown bread and 2x strawberries est 269

D
1/2 pot of Sainsbury Minestrone soup 167
Aero white choc mouse (frozen) 97

TOTAL 533

Felt ill and shattered all day so I didn't make the gym, although I did the 1min plank challenge in the evening at home.

Planning another 500 day today as I am going to a friends tomorrow evening (my usual 2nd fast) and don't want to be awkward with dinner. I also have Thursday as back up if I mess up.

Plan for the day is just an options hot choc at lunch (will try and get the energy to go to the gym at lunchtime as I have a quiet day) then a whole pot of soup this evening with another aero mousse. Can you tell its getting close to the end of Jan? Aero mousse sneaking into "no choc"! Still haven't had proper chocolate for 28 days! I am impressed with myself, doubt I could push through til Easter though. I might allow myself one small portion of mini eggs before Lent starts then give it another go!

Yesterday's food...

B
None

L
Options hot choc orange 38
Diet coke 1

D
Home made chilli with minced lean pork, mushrooms, onion, courgette, garlic, spices and tomatoes. 2x tablespoons of boiled basmati rice. Sprinkling of grated cheddar 390
Aero mousse 97

TOTAL 526

I went to the gym at lunch and completed W6R2 of Couch to 5km, that was run 5 min, walk 3, run 8 min, walk 3, run 5 min. I did all the runs between 10 and 11 kph and walks around 6.

Hoping for a stay the same or small loss tomorrow even though the weekend was v. indulgent I have been strict so far since Monday.

Fingers are crossed and look forward to seeing your update!

Then will u please cross your fingers for my Friday wi!! Had 2 birthdays today in the house and gone a little over my cal goal!!!

Good luck with WI!!

Bad news! Another STS - 2 weeks now grrr. I do seem to lose really slowly and I think the Up & Down of 5:2 can make the scales a bit iffy so trying not to be too disheartened :(

Just carrying on with 5:2, healthy eating and exercise- I mean it has to work eventually right?

Yesterdays food...

B
Coffee 14

L
Pop chips 120
Apple and grape snack pack 46
Quorn slices 51

D
Covent garden leek and potato 158
Ciabatta roll 213
Small slice of tarte au citron 291

S
Tortilla chips and hummus 285

TOTAL 1,178

Wish I didn't have the tarte au citron as I don't really even like it but was at a friends for dinner. I went to the gym at lunch and did W6R2 (10 min run, 3 min walk, 10 min run) will probably repeat the run again this evening with my friend. Its getting really cold outside though so we may do it in the gym, will see what she thinks.

Annoyed as don't have the elation of seeing a new low (eg. 9st 4) but hopefully I will get there soon.

It must be frustrating, you are working so hard at it! I hope the scales start shifting down again for you soon.

Hi

You probably don't remember me but I joined up here the same time as you under the username jenny83. I was doing a calorie counting diary but left as I was pregnant. Sadly I'm back again and weighing 3 stone more...eek!

Anyway I just wanted to say congrats on doing so well x

I feel your pain I've sts again. Been this weight since November!!!! I'm so bloody angry so I know how u feel!!!

So frustrating isn't it Jo?

Hi Jenny! Congrats on your baby and good luck with calorie counting again xx

Yesterdays food...

B
None

L
Special k crisps 95
Apple and grapes 46
2x rice cake 60
Peanut butter 95

D
Quorn slices 34
Pasta with chicken 498
Aero mousse 97

S
Options hot choc 39

TOTAL 965

I also ran along the river with my friend and did 2x10min run with a 3min walking break. Then 1.5min plank.

I think this last bit of weight is extra hard to lose because I'm probably at "normal" weight now, my BMI is 21.3. So a combination of my body is reluctant to give up much more AND I am relatively happy with things so find it hard to "deprive" myself or "diet" strictly. I could definitely stand to lose a few pounds from my tummy, arms and my thighs but to be honest I think most of my work now is at the gym and building/toning muscle.

That said, I will keep going til I glimpse the 8s just to see what its like :D and then would happily maintain between 9st and 9.5 I think.

OK well its Friday, thank GOD. Dry Jan is OVER as is choc-free Jan but I will try not to fall face first into a pile of mini eggs at midnight and undo any benefit I may have gained !!

SUCH A FATTY I will never see the 8s :( :( :(

Feb pledges:
Get to 9st 2!!!!!!!!
No chocolate!!!!!!!!!
No white carbs!!!!!!!!!!
Stop binging at the weekends!!!!!!!!!!
Exercise!!!!!!!!

Good fast day

B
None

L
Coffee 14

D
Meringue nest 45
Strawberries 60
Highlights hot choc 40

TOTAL 159

I went to Body Balance at the gym (yoga/thai chi/pilates hybrid)

Having porridge for lunch today, then running along river with my friend after work - W7R1 (25 mins). Planning on making lentil burgers with butternut squash and chorizo for dinner. Staying under 1,000 if I can. Strict 500 day on Wednesday as have dinner out on Thursday, Friday AND Saturday. Will try and make sensible choices for the meals out though.

Only about six weeks til Vegas!

Good day yesterday also

B
None

L
Oats so simple pot 218
Coffee 14

D
Was supposed to be lentil and goats cheese burgers burgers but I didn't follow a recipe and they would hold their form so it was bascially a lentil and goats cheese mash but still super delicious!

Red split lentils boiled with salt and herbs 332
Goats cheese 202
Warburtons sandiwch thin 100
Mixed salad with toms, lettuce, cucumber, onion 90
Smidge of cottage cheese 30
Spoonful of rice 80

image-1398722756.jpg

3 meringue nests 135
Strawberries 60

TOTAL 1,261

I also did W7R1 after work along the river brrrr was so cold and windy! 25mins non stop then did some legs and arms work in the gym for a bit. I have woken up with a stomach ache which is annoying but kind of helpful for my 2nd fast day. This is where I usually fail so determined to be 100% and have nothing all day except a coffee at lunch. This evening I am planning on brocolli with soy sauce and some beef stir fry strips. Was going to run at lunch but I forgot my sports bra SO annoying. Therefore I will just walk for 45mins after work instead.

Going strong so far, have had...

1l water
1 x earl grey tea
1 x peppermint tea
1 x black tea with ss milk

Just need to make it through the evening now, never been so excited for a bowl of brocolli!!!! :)

B
None

L
Cup of tea 15

D
Brocolli and button mushrooms 82
Soy sauce, garlic, chilli and ginger 10
1 med fried egg 65
Sweet chilli and lime beef strips 212
image-1124917236.jpg

Meringue nest x3 135

TOTAL 520

Tasty dinner. I actually had less of the beef than I entered into MFP but that should compensate for the little bit of oil used for stir-frying and a couple of cashew nuts!

STS this morning although it did flicker on 9st 4.6 for ages but kept reverting to 9st5........ frustrating but will keep going as definitely feeling slimmer. Not sure if thats 5:2 or the exercise but hopefully will break below this plateau soon. I looked back through MFP and 9st 4 is the lowest I have ever recorded in there, so if I can break through I will be on the home straight!!!

Last edited:
So yesterday, I had itsu for lunch (165 calories) and did 25mins run at lunchtime. HOWEVER for dinner we went to a new Austrian place and had a massive chicken schnitzel, 3x cocktails, 1/4 portion of fries, spoonful mac'n'cheese and some goats cheese and beetroot salad!!!! AND I had quite a lot of galaxy when I got home!!! Very indulgent and probably came to 2,500 calories for the day EEK!!!

Going for dinner again this evening and I think its curry so I will have a small portion of something veggie probably and only G&Ts. I am glad I am keeping up the exercise and I did complete my two fast days so hopefully yesterday won't do too much damage. I probably wouldn't go again though, I didn't love the schnitzel although the goats cheese and beetroot was AMAZING.

Wearing a size 10 ted baker dress today which is good and tummy isn't looking too bloated from last night. Planning on nipping to the gym at lunch, I might do a 15 min faster run and then some arm work to mix it up a bit. Will see how I feel. The weather is soooo horrid, drizzly and cold. Thank god the bloody tube strike finishes tonight (til next week anyway!)

Ohhh dear... another weekend, another truckload of food! Def at or about 2,500 Friday - Sunday! :eek: Fine for maintenance but getting me nowhere near my <9st goal.

I need to focus as time is slipping away til Vegas on 22nd March.

Fast day today, plan on having nothing all day except water and herbal teas and 1 tea or coffee. This evening I will have a weight watchers canned soup and 1 meringue nest. Will do another fast on Wednesday. I have a wine tasting event on Thursday, its Valentines Friday and then I am going to see friends in Bristol on Saturday so it is another busy social week. Will have to make sure I am 100% on fast days and do my best on Up Days else I will never get to 9st. Will keep up the exercise as although the scales are not shifting I went shopping this weekend and was in all size 10s no problem so inches must be coming off.

FD gone well, just had two cups of tea and loads of water. 1 tea with milk and 1 without.

Not going to have soup this evening though. I am going to make a massive salad with lettuce, cucumber, cherry toms and spring onions then top it with some pan fried chicken breast (100g) and a splodge of tzatziki... should be around 300 cals to 350 cals. No pudding allowed til tomorrow. Am feeling SUPER hungry but musn't give in. Also must force myself to the bloody gym before I can even have my salad! Will try and do a 20 or 25min run and then my plank challenge this evening. I am up to 1.5 min but the last 30 to 45 secs are killllller.

Had about 700 calories yesterday so not a true Fast Day. I did run for 25mins and do some arm exercises though. Had an amazing dinner of salad (lettuce, cherry toms, cucumber, beetroot and red onion) with a tablespoon of cottage cheese and then 175g of chicken breast strips dry fried with seasoning and then shredded up. Sprinkled with nandoes sauce and a smidge of BBQ sauce. It was amazing and filling. Would def have again. However I then had 300 cals of chocolate which pushed me to 700 (IDIOT)

Oh well! Still a low day. Planning on a 25min run at lunchtime today then I have a sticky duck breast from Waitrose this evening, never tried before so will see how that is. I will do rice for my bf but I will just have it with brocolli. Quite scared for the scales on Thursday I think this weekend may have tipped me away from 9st 5 and show a gain :(

Binged on chocolate. The duck was horrible. Feeling disappointed in myself.

Need to focus

Positives
1. I weigh under 10 stone and am at a healthy weight for my height
2. I have been exercising consistently since 1st January
3. I have over 1 month to go til Vegas
4. Calorie counting has made me more portion aware
5. I always get my fruit and veg for the day and make 90% of food from scratch
6. I have completed several successful fast-days as part of 5:2

Negatives
1. I have not got below 9st 5 and have been maintaining around 9st 8 for many months now
2. Calorie counting/dieting has given me a tendancy to binge which I didn't have before
3. The 5:2 approach is possibly contributing to binge tendency
4. I have eaten too much on top of my "meals" going beyond satisfaction or being full and just mindless eating
5. My will power is weak

Hi berry berry, just read ur entire thread and I totally no where ur coming from. I got married ten weeks ago and was 9st 7lbs and felt amazing now 10 weeks later I weight 10.3 which is so disheartening for me so I'm looking at calorie counting and 5:2 to shift this weight. Truth be told I shud b only 9st as I'm only 5ft 3 and am a small build. But I had been 13 st about 4 years ago so to get to 9.7 was very good going for me. So I'm committed now b4 it goes any further. Like u I hav a march goal. My husbands conferring ceremony is on 24 th of march and I want to be back to wedding weight for that and then focus on the last 7lbs for June when I have a weekend away with my pals that I can't wait for!! I'm also auditioning for a part in a show in May and want to hav the majority of the weight gone for then. Find ur diary very motivating. Fast days r very good for me and I can drop a pound a day when I do one but now I need to focus on all the rest of the time x

Back