The latest victim...?!

Maverick

Gold Member
Hey All, I'm Laura, 26, and I've been doin Slimming World since the beginning of Jan. It's going slow but sure, but I'm having a real off week this week. I keep saying to my consultant I only lose weight when I go out drinking all weekend, but I'm starting to believe it... I havent been out at all this week, due to work, and I'm sure I've gained weight...

I'm also one of these horrendous people who weighs themselves ever 5 mins, just in case...

Anyway, if my story sounds familiar, I'd love to hear how to get through without giving up :sigh:

xx

Hi and welcome. You are doing very well but it would probably help if you only had a weekly weigh in and not weigh often, worth a try

Irene xx

Thanks, yeh I know I shouldn't weigh myself so much, but we have 2 sets of scales in the bathroom, it's far too tempting!!

Hello Laura, well done on your progress so far. :)
I wouldn't know what to say about the drinking to be honest, though while doing Lighter Life having a very occasional gin and slim-line tonic never affected my results.. In fact I did find them to be better than otherwise. ... weird huh...
I'd say have a little bit in moderation, I mean technically speaking I'm on a Ketosis based plan, and the gin doesn't stop the ketosis, just burns off instead of the fat... Depends on what you're having though.

:)

I'm also one of these horrendous people who weighs themselves ever 5 mins, just in case...

Ah a scaloholic. Been there done that in my early days.

Your doing well so far,

Welcome to the board.

Hey All, I'm Laura, 26, and I've been doin Slimming World since the beginning of Jan. It's going slow but sure, but I'm having a real off week this week. I keep saying to my consultant I only lose weight when I go out drinking all weekend, but I'm starting to believe it... I havent been out at all this week, due to work, and I'm sure I've gained weight...

Anyway, if my story sounds familiar, I'd love to hear how to get through without giving up :sigh:

xx

oh those scales get me every day, try as i might my feet keep leading me to them and standing on them and then the eyes get pulled down for a look and then wish they hadn't LOL

Keep going though, Good luck

Thanks for all your replies and positivity guys, I really appreciate it. I stayed the same this week, which disappointed me, but I won't quit!!

Yep, stick with it mate.

Hi Maverick - sorry to hear that you are a bit stuck.

When you know you are going out drinking - are you a bit more careful during the week with your portion sizes and your choices? It may be that you unconsciously "plan" for the drinking session by cutting down on food during the week - and when you know you are not going out, then maybe allow yourself more treats to compensate.

I am also a bit addicted to the scales - but it does keep me in check and I know my weight will naturally fluctuate. So I don't get into action until I go up by about 3lbs or so.

Stick with it. Good luck

Back