The Lipotrim Porridge!U HAVE TO TRY THIS!

Tridi

I have read somewhere in a thread that someone was using half of a flapjack and half of a vanilla shakes as a sort of porridge. I tried it yesterday and let me tell you...I loooved it.

I used half of the vanilla shake added 2 sweeteners and then crumbled the flapjack into it. Heated it up in microwave and it was YUMMI!

You should try it!having that twice a day now! Esp. for breakkie it is really nice!

Ooooh - will try that in the morning - or maybe later today at teatime :)

Did you make up the half Vanilla shake with hot water THEN crumble the flapjack into it?

hi there,

i made up half of the shake with cold water, as wi find with warm water it tends to go all lumpy. So just add half of the sachez into bout 120 mls of water add 2 sweeteners (regarding to how sweet u like it,i looove it sweet) and put that into micrwave until hot. Then just crumble half of the Flapjack into it and voila! Soooo nice!

Enjoy and let me know what u thought of it!

Thanks for that....i cant stomach the vanilla as a shake anymore, ive yet to try a flapjack as ive heard they are an acquired taste!!!
Always grateful for "recipe" ideas LOL!
sunny x

Thanks for that Tridi thats a brill Idea, Can I ask you though, did you like the flapjack before making it into porridge?? I tried the flapjack once in the first week and didnt like it, but im considering pushing the boat out and be brave as to try another one! :D

Well done for experimenting! I am happy you liked it, but I have to tell you that by heating it you destroyed some if not all the vitamins and minerals in it, making it useless.Sorry if I sound harsh but I know this from going through it myself. you left with a nutritionally empty sugar filled snack or thereabout. It's a big no-no as the LT helpline told me.
Anyways, it is up to you to experiment (everyone of us doing it ) to escape the boring monotomy of LT. But for weight loss sake do not heat the formulas or flapjack.
Good luck!
x:family2:

Well done for experimenting! I am happy you liked it, but I have to tell you that by heating it you destroyed some if not all the vitamins and minerals in it, making it useless.Sorry if I sound harsh but I know this from going through it myself. you left with a nutritionally empty sugar filled snack or thereabout. It's a big no-no as the LT helpline told me.
Anyways, it is up to you to experiment (everyone of us doing it ) to escape the boring monotomy of LT. But for weight loss sake do not heat the formulas or flapjack.
Good luck!

Does that mean you shouldnt have the formula made with boiled water rather than cold? I have all my mine hot, cant stand it cold :(

Does that mean you shouldnt have the formula made with boiled water rather than cold? I have all my mine hot, cant stand it cold :(

Nope sorry you should not. Lukewarm water is the highest they (LT) said I should go. Call them and they can explain it to you why, in detail. You still would lose weight as the protein (some of it) sugar and fat would still make the calories but there would be very small amount of nutritional goodies left in it.
Hope it helped a bit.

Nope sorry you should not. Lukewarm water is the highest they (LT) said I should go. Call them and they can explain it to you why, in detail. You still would lose weight as the protein (some of it) sugar and fat would still make the calories but there would be very small amount of nutritional goodies left in it.
Hope it helped a bit.

Hmmm that is sooo weird my pharmacist told me I could have it hot! - naughty man :( Well Ive done 12 weeks now and im pretty happy with my losses, and my weightloss has been pretty much just fat, but what I will do is just do cold shakes for a week and see if it makes any difference weightloss wise. Thank you xx

Having said that, on the bag it says you can have the formulas mixed with hot water - contradiction of information on their part?

I rang them up and asked them and they said it is totally fine what i did as long it is not microwaved for too long. And I didn't have mine Hot at all just warm, as if you do a Hot chocolate with the shakes. So Go for it guys. It is all fine!

ooo sounds interesting....... i havent tried the flapjacks yet as my pharmasist doesnt seem to like giving them out 4 some reason .. but il deffo keep it in mind xx

they REALLY need to shape up the Lipotrim webiste - there's very little official advice and tips for people actually on the diet, no questions and answers... and pharmacists (actually the beautician at mine does the Lipotrim admin) seem to differ in their advice!
*eek!* I think i'm going to need my vanilla latte hot in the morning, and the occasional hot chocolate, and um... are they suggesting we drink the soup just luke warm????

Nice idea about the porridge :)
Have anyone else been fed the line regarding flapjacks? My pharmashiste says theres a shortage due to packaging problems! Grrr.

they REALLY need to shape up the Lipotrim webiste - there's very little official advice and tips for people actually on the diet, no questions and answers... and pharmacists (actually the beautician at mine does the Lipotrim admin) seem to differ in their advice!
*eek!* I think i'm going to need my vanilla latte hot in the morning, and the occasional hot chocolate, and um... are they suggesting we drink the soup just luke warm????

To be honest hun, I have all 3 shakes warm-hot and it hasnt made a difference at all, it says on the bag you can add hot water (I just let the kettle cool for a bit), I think aslong as you let it cool before mixing so its drinkable afterwards and being consumed within 15 minutes it doesnt matter.

There is a lack of information on their part which is why this forum is so great :D

I rang them up and asked them and they said it is totally fine what i did as long it is not microwaved for too long. And I didn't have mine Hot at all just warm, as if you do a Hot chocolate with the shakes. So Go for it guys. It is all fine!

Thanks Tridi, im definitely going to try this and will either report my delight or disgust lol, im going to be brave and try another flapjack :)

Wow what a fab idea. I am def going to try when pharmacy gets new stock of flapjacks. There does seem to be a shortage at the moment. Also i have always had my shakes hot and don't seem to have a problem. Don't think I would have stuck this long on cold drinks all the time

Thanks Tridi - I had the half flapjack with half Vanilla and it was very nice! I also tried the same with half a chocolate shake and I gotta tell you, this is the way I will always eat my flapjacks from now on!

So crumble half a flapjack in a bowl, use a fork to break it up quite fine - then make up half a pack of Choc shake with hot water and add to powdered flapjack - then put in microwave for 30 seconds! Mmmmm

:p

woah there... which flapjacks - coconut or peanut - or doesn't it matter.

I couldn't stand the flapjacks when i first started. and I don't like the shakes warm - so I'm not sure i'd like it - but i'm willing to give it a go.

Ps... does anyone put cinamon / nutmeg in their shakes ?
Caren. x

Back