The little things that make a big difference!

Simmy1978

i'm totally motivated since joining this place even though technically none of us have had the pleasure of meeting one and other its still seems like we're this huge community/family!! ok enough romancing you all! i want to try doing something small each day rather than worrying about the fact that i havent had time to slog out in the gym for hours!! lets face it we all have a life! commitments, family blah blah but when we have a bad day or cant get to the gym i always get really guilty about it!!

1. I work in an 11 floor building and i want to get from the top to the bottom atleast once day - i timed it! it takes 4 and half mins!! and i always feel more focused after as well

2. I have bucket loads of dvd's some of them have small 10 min workouts that are non sweaty as i call them! but i cannot seem to motivate myself to do even 10 mins in the morning

3. Go out for a walk at lunch time even for 15 -20 mins!!

so here we are!! this is your thread for you to add you small activities that make a big difference and i think its great that we can all learn something from each other!!

Great thread! I've started getting off the bus at least 5 stops earlier and walking home (about 20 mins) and also at lunch time (work 3 days a week) I try and get out of the office for a 40 minute walk! Need to dust off the Wii Fit and mini trampoline and start doing a bit more each day... xx

good gal!! well done i cant seem to get into the wii fit thing! :( maybe dust off my dvd's for now! :p

I love the Wii fit - I've been doing the Step class, Pilates and a Kung Fu thingy - I think it's brilliant.

I also like seeing my Wii Mii, getting smaller :)

I've got all the Wii games including The Biggest Loser - may have a look on my day off and just go through them all and see what I like! xx

I now walk the 4 miles home from college which doesn't sound a lot but it's mostly up hill and before I was just walking to the bus stop.

Also I use the stairs now, I never use the lifts.

Really recommend 'Just Dance' for the Wii, it may be a dance game but in all honesty it get's me sweatier than wii fit :p

I now walk the 4 miles home from college which doesn't sound a lot but it's mostly up hill and before I was just walking to the bus stop.

Also I use the stairs now, I never use the lifts.

Really recommend 'Just Dance' for the Wii, it may be a dance game but in all honesty it get's me sweatier than wii fit :p

4 miles is excellent!! well done i bet its really toned u up!!

i love dancing but i have serious case of 2 left feet!:cry:

I've got all the Wii games including The Biggest Loser - may have a look on my day off and just go through them all and see what I like! xx

Oh Devon - will you let us know if the Biggest Loser is any good - I was thinking about getting it at the weekend.

Also reccommend Just Dance - it's brilliant, a serious workout but tonnes of fun.

I walk for an hour fivr days a week and need t start getting out favina to work on my abdominals three times a week (planning to this next week in my exam time off from uni :) )

I walk for an hour fivr days a week and need t start getting out favina to work on my abdominals three times a week (planning to this next week in my exam time off from uni :) )

all of davinas dvd's a brilliant although i am going to nell mcandrew today!! btw ur avatar looks mouth wateringly good!:p

I currently have the power of three, although I did buy a different Davina (My Three 30 Minute Workouts) from ebay but re-sold it as I didn't like the presentation of exercises. I find the different body areas intermingled and perfered the structure of different work outs focusing on one area (e.g all abdominal for 20-30 mins).
Do you know if any other Davinas are similar to the power of three with sections focusing on only one area of the body as would like to invest in other dvds as there great for toning up?
p.s never would of guessed I have secret love for chocolate hehe

Hey :)
I've found the biggest loser game brilliant. If you follow a programme it's quite a commitment (exercise at least every other day) but it's well worth it. I really noticed a difference. I also like the Just Dance, and Jillian Michael's fitness Ultimatum is quite good (although a bit repetitive and not great when you live in an upstairs flat, lol).
Wii fit is great, but it doesn't really make me tired. I do the free step while watching telly though and 1hr doesn't seem to bad every now and again....

I would also recommend biggest loser. I had my first challenge last sat-i was wrecked! Its all quite simple things you do on it but you can really feel it

I currently have the power of three, although I did buy a different Davina (My Three 30 Minute Workouts) from ebay but re-sold it as I didn't like the presentation of exercises. I find the different body areas intermingled and perfered the structure of different work outs focusing on one area (e.g all abdominal for 20-30 mins).
Do you know if any other Davinas are similar to the power of three with sections focusing on only one area of the body as would like to invest in other dvds as there great for toning up?
p.s never would of guessed I have secret love for chocolate hehe

davina's superbody workout is good! its longer but it makes you work hard!

I did nell mcandrews ultimate challenge last nite and sweated like a beast!!:cool:

Hiya, I try to get to the gym a few times a week but on the days I can't go I either try to do the Wii Fit or just in the evening when I'm watching TV I do leg raises and sit ups.

Sometimes I entertain the kids when I'm in the kitchen waiting for the kettle to boil, by doing some side leg raises and squats :D.

I like the sound of the Wii dance, might get that this weekend and give it a go.

this biggest loser thing sounds pretty good!! can anyone tell me if 2 people can play and compete?? then i can get hubby to do it as well!

I get out and walk as much as possible- a 1-2 hour walk 3 times a week and I've started parking in the furthest corner of the car park at the hospital I work at so I have a 10 min walk in and a 10 min walk back to the car. Hopefully it will all help!!X

I work super long hours in an office, so now at lunchtimes I go for a walk around the industrial estate... up hill, down hill, up hill, down hill. Had no idea how long it was, so did the journey in my car the other day and it's 3 miles... not bad eh for a lunch time stroll every day :D

Back