The Loneliness of the Long-Distance Dieter

Well done for taking the brave step of meeting your doctor. I'm so pleased they were supportive, sometimes doctors lack people skills.

I wish you all the best for your new plan, and I honestly think that the hardest part is taking the first step... you're on your way :p

It's fab that you've got a nice doctor! It's always good to get support from an outside source.
I hope that the pills work out for you. It'll probably take a couple weeks of label-searching, but after that I'm sure that it will all come naturally and you'll start making good decisions about what to eat naturally ;)

Hope that it all goes well.

Hello everybody

Hope you're all well - long time no speak! There's been a lot going on in my life; I moved and work's been manic but it's paid off as I've got a new job - a promotion! Eek! I start later this month and I'm slightly terrified!

Anyway I'm back :) I know I'm rubbish!! I'll have a catch up over the next few days on all the diarie

Hope everyone's enjoying the sunshine!!!
xxxxxx

Welcome back lovey and massive congrats on promotion, so pleased for you!

No sunshine here, but hey, what's new?

Have a great sunday and I look forward to chatting with you again :)

Hi Sugar
Good news on the promotion! and good to see you back in here. Hope al goes well and look forward to your updates.

Welldone for getting back on it :):)

Have a lovely day X

Hi Sugar
Hope the Jobs going ok if you've started it.

Ive had some time off from the food worrying platform, but im set to start again Monday week.
31st October...didnt realise that was the date more or less the start of a new month too so thats a good point as well.

If you havent got a start on it yet your welcome to join me.
I try to pop in a minimum of once a week at the moment but hopefully that will go back up once things kick in again. i do miss my regular updating.

Stay safe XX

XX

Hello lovely strangers!

Okay. It's almost a year since I was here..that's crazy. A lot has happened; my youngest sister is having a baby - she's due in a couple of weeks, I've been promoted again and another of my sisters has been dagnosed with the heart condition my mum died from. It's been up and then really, really down.

My head has been everywhere except where it should be. But something happened last week.

My dad is doing his bathroom up and they'd had to do some stuff in the attic; Jill phoned me and told me they'd found a bag full of my mum's stuff that my dad had kept and thought was gone.

I went round and could never have imagined how it made me feel. As I went through old photos and bits of her too-short life I felt close to her in a way I never thought I would - it was like discovering she was a real person. A real human being with friends, a job, a national insurance number and dodgy 80s dresses. There was even my baby book, her wedding ring and our little christening dress.

And there was her wedding dress. It's beautiful. And a size 14.

As soon as I saw it and held it I knew that I would wear it on my wedding day. No doubt in my mind.

So the target is 2 years to get from a size 22 to a small 14. Jill's promised me any wedding shoes I want if I can do it...I think she should start saving :)

Hope everyone is great and on track. I wish I'd come back earlier.

aims xxxxx

Hi Emmaline!

Thanks so much :) I'm ready for the hard work and I'm in this for the long haul.

You'll be seeing a lot more me from now on :)

Hope you're going well?xxx

Morning,

I love bank hols because you get a bonus lie-in :)

But it is 9oclock, and I can't stay in bed all day so I'm getting up to do boring things like washing and mopping.

Bran flakes for brekkie, then a walk to the shops, and then lunch out formy sister's birthday. I'm trying not to think about it as I've no idea what I should have; salad? I don't know. Hopefully I can resist the desserts!

aims xx

th_qyed93.gif
Nothing Worth Having is Easy to Get
th_qyed93.gif

Hello my lovely stranger :)

How good to see you back here! It must have been so heartwarming and emotional looking through your mum's things..and how fantastic and moving that you want to wear her wedding dress....keep imagining that she'll be looking down on you and smiling the day you slip it on and it fits perfectly..that is motivation in itself honey x

We must have been around the same age hun...i had some 80's dodgy dresses myself!

Wishing you the very best of luck, determination and motivation..you ARE going to do this..with a beautiful goal in mind!!! :)

I'm in the silver section now, so get posting up to 500..and we can keep chatting!..in the meantime, i'll pop in here to catch up :)

welcome back hun x

SugarBlomme said:
Hello lovely strangers!

Okay. It's almost a year since I was here..that's crazy. A lot has happened; my youngest sister is having a baby - she's due in a couple of weeks, I've been promoted again and another of my sisters has been dagnosed with the heart condition my mum died from. It's been up and then really, really down.

My head has been everywhere except where it should be. But something happened last week.

My dad is doing his bathroom up and they'd had to do some stuff in the attic; Jill phoned me and told me they'd found a bag full of my mum's stuff that my dad had kept and thought was gone.

I went round and could never have imagined how it made me feel. As I went through old photos and bits of her too-short life I felt close to her in a way I never thought I would - it was like discovering she was a real person. A real human being with friends, a job, a national insurance number and dodgy 80s dresses. There was even my baby book, her wedding ring and our little christening dress.

And there was her wedding dress. It's beautiful. And a size 14.

As soon as I saw it and held it I knew that I would wear it on my wedding day. No doubt in my mind.

So the target is 2 years to get from a size 22 to a small 14. Jill's promised me any wedding shoes I want if I can do it...I think she should start saving :)

Hope everyone is great and on track. I wish I'd come back earlier.

aims xxxxx

Hi. Wasn't on the forum when you were posting the first time but read this post and had to say what an amazing motivation for weight loss it is. Must have been wonderful to go through your mums stuff like that and tough at the same time. Look forward to sharing your successful journey to wearing the special dress on your special day x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone :eek:)

Thanks so much for your lovely messages! It really helps :)

Today was ok; back to work so I had melon for breakfast (love melon) but then the day overtook me so I didn't have any dinner, and I've had scrambled eggs for my tea.

Sorry if it's weird to bore you all with what I've eaten but it helps because I know that if I scoff a packet of crips I'll have to own up :)

Rose - it's so nice to hear from you; you are always so encouraging; I can't believe I didn't come back sooner! Oh well, at least I'm cracking on now. Congrats on doing so well - it's amazing!xxx

Jo and Faith - thank you for your lovely posts :) I really look forward to following your stories too! We will do this xxx

aims xx

th_qyed93.gif
Nothing Worth Having is Easy to Get
th_qyed93.gif

Hi Amy, nice to see you back.

I definitely agree that writing down your food is a brilliant way to keep on track, because you can keep on top of everything and there's no way to hide or deny those odd treats and snacks :p

Back