The Loneliness of the Long-Distance Dieter

Hola :)

Hope everyone's had a good day! Mine was long but okay.

Thanks for your posts, ladies - I really appreciate the encouragement.

Today I didn't have any breakfast (naughty but running late) except for a coffee. I had a baked potato with cheese and chives for dinner and I've made little meatballs in sauce for tea which I'll have with pasta when my OH gets in. I know it isn't good to eat so late but because he works till 10 most nights I often end up eating late/randomly. That's often, though, because I get home and feel like it's a big faff to make a nice tea just for me and think what's the point? Then I end up eating random bits of toast. It's bad. :-s

Kate - really nice of you to stop in :) I live in Chorley; I was only thinking yesterday that we are few and far between!!xx

Thanks Tweaked an Faith for your messages xxxx

aims xx

th_qyed93.gif
Nothing Worth Having is Easy to Get
th_qyed93.gif

Quick check in today - the day was very long; thank goodness it's friday tomorrow!

So tired - hope everyone's had a good day; I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Night xxx

aims xx

th_qyed93.gif
th_qyed93.gif

Hello everyone,

It's almost 1.00 in the morning and I can't sleep :( So I watched the Horizon on fasting; I've been meaning to watch it and I thought it was really interesting. It's something my and my OH think could work for us as it'll fit fairly easily into our lifestyle and eating patterns. We're thinking of trying the 5-2 pattern of normal days to 500cal days to it goes.
The health benefits seem really positive; think it's worth a go - I'm really conscious of wanting to stave off lifestyle related illnesses; especially heart problems and diabetes and it may help along with the other changes I've made.

What do you lot think xxx

aims xx

th_qyed93.gif
th_qyed93.gif

I'm doing it Sugar but every other day instead of 5/2. For me, it's the easiest diet to follow because you don't feel too deprived. I did it for a week before but I wasn't quite as strict with my 500 calories so ended up losing just a pound but other variables could've been involved too as I was also experiencing PMT bloat which probably didn't help and I also did it from 5pm until 5pm instead of every other day so not sure if that caused me to lose less weight (although I know people who do it like that and still lose loads of weight).

I've restarted and have been really strict with my down day calories and my first weigh in tomorrow (or later on today) so fingers crossed. Also, there's a link to a Daily Mail article I've posted on my diary about alternate day fasting that you may want to have a read of. Good luck with whatever you decide. The ladies in the JUDDD section are so lovely and helpful so any questions, just ask away x

http://www.minimins.com/members-only-diaries/289931-faith-my-weight-loss-journey.html

Good luck with trying out the fasting Aims, hope it goes well for you. Don't think I could personally manage as I'd miss the food on the 500 cals days and then end up pigging out on normal days xD. Is your OH going to be joining in with you? x

Hello everyone,

I've had some internet and phone nightmares this week but hopefully it's sorted :)

Feel like I've had a good week and I'm in a good place. Having the OH in this with me helps as I can make sure we have good stuff in the cupboards - no temptation! It just helps making good choices.

The low calorie days are going well too; they're not ad hard as I'd expected but I think not doing it alone helps.

Hope everyone else is going good?xxxx

Really annoying when the internet and phone are out of order..had that myself a couple of weeks ago too. Feels like being in limbo when they are not there, doesn't it?
Great that the OH is doing this with you..fulltime support is great.
It's sunny and quite hot here and am now going into the garden for a wee while.
Enjoy the rest of the day.... :)

Hey missed you x glad you're ok and doing good x totally agree with Emmaline with regards to feeling like I'm limbo with no phone. I always dread those days when my Internet starts playing up that last time it happened, I ended up buying a pay as you go mobile Internet dongle!!

Just read through this thread, and wish you good luck. You are doing great so far, you will reach size 14 in no time! :D

Right. I AM DONE.

I've had a revelation; work is not important. I mean yes, it's important for self-worth, money and confidence (okay it's pretty important) but what I mean is that it's only a small part of what life is about.

I spend all my time at work, or being tired from work, and I don't give myself the time I need to give myself the life I need. So I'm done. I am done giving myself excuses to not eat regularly, to not exercise regularly, to not keep the house how I want it, to not do new things, to not meet new people, to not push myself out of my comfort zone.

I am done. And in being done I've found a new start.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Back