The long journey to the real me

Well done on being under 11st 5. I need to get mum to hide my scales, stop me getting on them in the week, 4 days before weigh in they are showing a 1.5lb gain, but i won't let it get to me. Hope you fell better soon, i have a cold today, blaming my dad and his man flu

Thanks!

Oh you can't believe mid-week weights for a second. Honestly, hand them over to someone who will hide them, and not give them back til Saturday. That way your mind should be less focussed on them! Well, that's my hope anyway.

Almost forgot:

Today's food intake:

HeA: sweetened soya milk
HeB: oil
Free: Jacket potato, beans, cous cous
Superfree: banana, pineapple, veg (aubergine, courgette, onion)
Syns: small portion cereal (7) tsp maple syrup (1) extra soya milk (3)

Last edited:
Pretty busy day today, but am feeling awesome after my first day eating completely animal/animal product free.

Found some vegan yoghurt - Alpro Soya Forest Fruit flavour. I thought it was going to taste a bit weird, as I am used to eating a lot of dairy yoghurt, but it is delish! Yippee!

Food so far today:

Superfree: Banana, grapes, onion, aubergine, courgette, pepper
Free: Cous cous, balsamic vinegar
HeA: Soya milk (still on sweetened - may try un-sweetened next time)
HeB:2 x bread
Syns: 2 x soya yoghurt (4), scrape of marmite and scrape of vegan cheese on toast (1), extra v olive oil (3)

Nipped out and bought cous cous, brown rice, and some yummy veg - think roasted mediterranean veg is one of my favourite things ever, so am going to roast them with some extra virgin olive oil and have with the rice and ripped up basil for dinner. Also have some fruit to snack on for this afternoon.

Although my cold has gone, I still don't seem to completely have my appetite back.

Last edited:
Hey, well done on the loss! Is it ok if i subscribe to see how you get on with the vegan plan? I've been veggie for years and just wondering how easy that would be to stick to? Not sure if i could, i love my cheese too much!

Please do! The more the merrier :D

Also...I've been getting my information from a wonderful vegan on here - Vegan 4 Life, so for help and info I suggest you check out her diary as she's been very generous posting links etc.

So far it's been easy, but it's only been a day and a half. I think it will just require some forward planning, but I prefer to be more organised with my food anyway, as I tend to avoid eating rubbish that way.

Work was pretty crazy yesterday. And it was so hot, by the time I got home, I just flopped onto my bed and did very little else.

Food diary for yesterday is a little shabby:

HeA: Sweetened soya milk
Superfree: banana, veg in orzo salad, pineapple, 3 x kiwi fruit
Syns: Orzo salad (3), soya yoghurt (2), mouthful of cous-cous salad (1)

Was just too busy and too hot to eat much. Also worried that I want to reach my goal of 10st 7lb by 1st July, which is fast approaching, and I think I'm internally panicking a bit and restricting my intake too far. I am aware I'm doing this though, and trying to change.

Bought a really great vegan cook book called Appetite for Reduction yesterday, really enjoyed flicking through it so far. Think I will pop to the supermarket later, and try one of the recipes.

Food intake so far today:

Superfree: banana, strawberries, courgette, onion, cauliflower, carrots
Free: orzo salad, brown rice
HeA: soya milk
syns: orzo salad (oil) (3), soya yoghurt (2) coconut milk (2) soya ice-cream and sauce (10) Total syns 17 :eek:

Really need to vary my diet a bit. Been constantly eating the same stuff. Might have some cous cousa salad that's left over from the other night.

Went over on syns, but shouldn't be a problem as I've been under for the rest of the week. And I really fancied something very sweet! And I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Another pretty bad day, food-wise. I'm just so busy at the moment, that I haven't had time to really sit down and plan my healthy extras etc.

I am also having some issues with not being able to stop myself counting calories at the moment. I keep working them out in my head as I go along - which is terrible, as one of my reasons for doing SW is to get out of that habit!

Superfree: sweet potato, watercress, salad, 3 x kiwi fruit
Free: brown rice
Hea: sweetened soya milk
Heb: multigrain wrap
Syns: not sure - am sure there are some in wrap, but not sure how many, as most of filling is superfree, but there is some tahini, maybe 5?, olive oil (2)

Last edited:
Going to be a bit better eating healthy extras and free/SF before syns today. That's the plan, anyway.

Just had a delicious brunch.

HeB: 1 x slice bread, tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Superfree: tomato, mushrooms, garlic (LOADS of garlic!) pepper, onion, banana, mango
Free: buckwheat noodles
Syns: 2 x vegan sausages (4) one bite of a vegan biscuit (1) nak'd bar (6.5)

Not sure what I'll make tonight - I have some buckwheat noodles, coconut milk, garlic ginger and random veg, so may make some kind of laksa inspired dish. Until then, I have a mango and soya yoghurt if I get hungry.

Bought a couple of Nak'd bars - they are vegan and raw and ridiculously tasty, plus, my fav flavour is 6.5 syns, so high, but a lot less than a choc bar! May indulge in one later, as I have a few syns left.

Last edited:
One day to go until weigh-in - seems to have been an age since my last weigh-in! Genuinely feeling quite nervous about result. Will have about five weeks to go after tomorrow's weigh in until my first target date, and hopefully no more than 9.5 pounds to lose. V nervous! Been pretty good this week - stuck to the plan, haven't gone over syns for the week (apart from one day I had 17, but overall, I'm under).

Not got any food plans right now - am going to see what I have in. I think I have veggie sausages left from yesterday, plus brown rice, some veg and soya yoghurt, so will try and fashion meals from that!

Food so far:

HeB: 1 x bread, 1 x extra virgin olive oil
Superfree: 1 x tomato, 1 x banana, 1 x shallot
Free: brown rice
Syns: 2 x vegan sausages (4), 1 x soya yoghurt (2)

Last edited:
Weigh in today..........11 stone 0 pounds! Yippee! A loss of 4 and a half pounds this week. Not sure how that happened, but I am very happy to take it.

This means that I'm no longer overweight (just) which is great. It also means I should (very hopefully) break the 11 stone barrier by next week. I always feel a lot better when I'm ten stone something (even if it's ten stone thirteen). Ooooh, it's also my 10% goal, too.

Goal weight for next week is 10stone 12pounds.

This means I have 4.5 weeks to lose 7 pounds, to hit my target.

Food so far today:

HeB: 2 x bread
Superfree: banana, pepper, courgette, shallot, banana
Free: small serving of brown rice
Syns: soya yoghurt (2) red pepper hummus (2.5) small portion soya ice-cream (9) 2 x crackerbread (2)

Last edited:
Whoops - forgot to do diary entirely yesterday!

Food intake:

Superfree: banana, apple, brocolli, garlic, ginger, chilli
Free: brown rice, tofu, baked beans, marmite
Syns: oil (1), tofu marinade (2) soya yoghurt (2)

Really worried that I'm going to have a gain this week, as calories were so low last week due to hot weather etc. I know you're not meant to count calories, but I'm really struggling not to, and last week cals were around 1000 a day. That's low, but that's all I wanted, and it seems stupid to force myself to eat.

Feeling hungrier this week, and correspondingly, am eating a bit more, but feel worried that it will lead to a gain. I'm thinking maybe weighing myself more during the week might actually help, as the not knowing makes me feel really anxious.

Made rice pudding last night, with some leftover brown rice, soya milk and a tiny bit of sweetener. Was delicious, and free/Hea. Had a tiny bowl for breakfast on the run this morning - kept me going for quite a while.

Food so far:

HeA: Soya milk
HeB: oil and crackerbread
Superfree: roasted mediterranean veggies - peppers, onion, courgettes (totally delish!), tinned tomatoes, fresh tomato
Free: small serving of rice, wholewheat spaghetti
Syns: red pepper hummus (4) olive oil (2.5) large spoonful non-dairy 'ice-cream' (2)

Last edited:
Weighed myself this morning. I have realised that this close to my target date for my goal of 10st 7lb, I am getting too anxious waiting all week to weigh, so weighing more often, even though can be problematic sometimes, is helping at the moment.

Weight this morning was 10 stone 13 and 1/2 pounds. Yippee! Broken the 11 stone barrier! I'm almost halfway through my weightloss week (weigh in on Tues) and it's unlikely I'm going to lose another pound and a half in 4 days, which means I probably won't reach my target of 10st 12lb. However, I'd hope to drop at least another half pound in the next few days, and be around 10st 13lb (maybe a smidge under) which I'd still be happy about after last week's good loss!

Haven't eaten yet today, but starting to get hungry. I really need to go fruit shopping - don't have any in the house right now. I might also re-read my SW book - feel like I've just been veering towards calorie counting, so I really need to get back on track.

Might have a big breakfast of toast and veggie sausages with tea. Yum! Need some superfree though.

Food so faar:

HeB: 1 x bread, 1 x oil
Superfree: 2 x shallots, garlic, aubergine, pepper, lime, 2 x apples
Free: rice noodles, tofu
Syns: 2 x vegan sausages (4), coconut milk (2), soya yoghurt (2) curry paste (2)

Ended up making another recipe from the super-awesome "Appetite for Reduction." Delicious - Laksa with rice noodles.

Last edited:
Think today is going to be a heavier day food-wise than I've had for the past couple of weeks. Weighed myself this morning - 10st 13lb even, which I was happy about. Anything below 10st 13lb for my official weigh in on Tuesday will make me happy.

Food so far:

Superfree: veg in cous-cous salad, apple
Free: cous-cous
Syns: 2 x sausages (4), cous cous salad (3.5) cous cous salad (3.5)

Last edited:
Food yesterday was ok - was out and about a lot, so happy with my choices.

Weight this morning was 10st 11 and 5/8lb, which I am over the moon about! Could just be a low fluctuation, but if it stays there for Tuesday, I will be delighted!

Since I changed to a vegan diet, I have had so may comments about how good I'm looking. Not the reason I'm doing it, but still lovely, none the less. I also feel unbelievable. Most people have been pretty cool about the new diet, but some keep making comments like, "But if you REALLY want meat or cheese, you have to remember that you can still have it." Thanks, but I'm good without!

Might have a big stodgy breakfast - beans on toast - delish!

Last edited:
Food so far today:

HeA: Soya milk
HeB: 1 x bread
Superfree: apple, broccoli, vegetable stock, chilli flakes
Free: Baked beans, wheatwheat spaghetti
Syns: Hummus (2) oil (2) soya yoghurt

Last edited:
Weight this morning was 10st 11 and 1/2lb. Was thinking that yesterday was just an unusually low fluctuation, so am very happy with that. Tomorrow is my official weigh in, so I'm crossing my fingers that the last two days have not just been a fluke! I'll be delighted with 10st 11 and 1/2lb or less tomorrow!

So far, I am finding that weighing myself everyday is helpful - it's easing my anxieties about reaching my target in time. I think that after the event, I will probably go back to weighing once a week, as I will still have some to lose, but the pressure will be off.

Food so far:

Superfree: 2 x shallots, garlic
Free:
Syns: Veggie sausages (4), fry light (1)

Back