The long journey to the real me

FatGurlSlim

So, in four days I'll weigh in for the 7th time since I started this SW caper.

This time wasn't too bad - started at 12st3lb, which is nearly a stone lighter than my highest ever, but still left me with some work to do to get to my fighting weight of 10 stone.

The most successful diet I ever did before was Atkins - I lost about 2 and 1/2 stone in three months. Was pretty easy too, but I obviously didn't learn to maintain, or I wouldn't be here now. So far, SW has felt almost painfully slow in comparison (I lost a stone in the first two weeks of Atkins!) but I feel like I'm learning to make positive lifestyle changes.

Today's food intake:

HEB - 2 x brown bread
HEA - Skimmed milk and primula light
Superfree - mushrooms, pear, banana
Free - baked beans, fat free yog, slimming world chips
Syns - 2 quorn sausages, 1 mini twister, tomato ketchup (5)

Looking at this, I need A LOT more fruit and veg for the rest of the day. I usually have around 6-8 portions by the end of the day.

Last edited:
After a not so great day yesterday - not enough superfree, but otherwise pretty good - today I will be eating way more fruit and veg!

So far today:

HEB - 2 x brown bread
HEA - skimmed milk, low fat cheese
Free - Quorn steak
Superfree - banana
Syns - tomato ketchup, activia greek style yog (honey flavour SO GOOD!!!) 3.5

Weigh in day today. Lost 1.5lb, which I'd generally be pretty happy with, but this week I reeeeeally wanted to lose 2lb so I'd hit the 1 stone loss marker. Sigh. Oh well.

One of my goals is that I want to be 10st7lb by the 26th June - that's eight weeks away, and I have 10.5lbs to go, so it should be possible! Yay!

Food intake so far today:

Free - 2 x fat free yogs

So. I am here with my tail between my legs, as I had a weekend off plan, and couldn't get back on for a week. I know that sounds silly, but for some reason, I just couldn't get back on the plan, even though I have been enjoying it.

I have a history of binging and purging, and I did make myself sick once. After that, I was deliberately overeating. I believe I've gained around six pounds, but trying to not jump on the scales too much. As it was a quick gain, I'm hoping some of it is water weight, and will drop off, as I now have a possibly impossible goal of losing around 17 lbs in seven weeks. Doh.

I was considering doing a crash diet, but realised that the best thing I can do is just follow SW properly, or I will never get out of the unhealthy binge/purge rut.

So, I'm back on plan today.

So far:

Heb - 2 x bread
Hea - 375ml skimmed milk, primula light
Free - beans, more beans, quorn steak
Superfree - mushrooms, pear, pineapple, passionfruit
Syns - 2 x activia yoghurt (2)

Plan for this evening is to make a hearty soup. I will have yoghurt and fruit if I'm hungry before then.

Wish me luck!

Last edited:
So...jumped on the scale this morning, to see a drop of just over 2lb from yesterday. This is ggod, as I am really hoping to get back down to where I was before going crazy with food! As long as I can lose three pounds this week, I will only have to lose 2lb a week after that to reach my goal. Three sounds impossible, but I am guessing most of the gain is water weight from eating salty foods etc. I certainly didn't eat nearly 38,500 calories this week, which is what I would have had to have to have gained that much fat!

If I don't reach my goal, I have only myself to blame, but hopefully I will be close.

Food today:

Superfree: banana, pineapple, passion fruit, pomegranate, vegetable stirfry
Syns: greek yoghurt (2), quorn sausages (3) options hot choc (2) soy sauce (1)
Heb: 2 x bread
Hea: 2 x skimmed milk
Free: baked beans, egg noodles

Last edited:
So another pound down - down to 11st 7lb (and a quarter, but who's counting ha ha) which means that I'm a stone away from my mini goal, and have about 6.5 weeks to get there. I probably win't reach that original target, but should be close enough. I'm not going to weigh myself until my official weigh in on next tuesday now. just wanted to see if there was a water weight drop - but that's probably it for now.

Any tips to speed up losses at this point would be much appreciated!

Not eaten anything yet, but will probably start with fruit until lunch. I bought some crackerbread yesterday, which I used to love with Boursin - I think the chive or the onion Phildelphia light taste just like Boursin, so that's one of my Hebs and one of my Heas sorted for today!

So I lied about hopping on the scales - saw another 2lb drop to 11st 5lb, so am just 1 and a half pounds away from where I was before I went on my crazy eating crusade. So happy! So hoping I can be 11st 3.5lbs by my official weigh in on Tuesday, then I won't have derailed myself too much.

So far today I've had:

Superfree: Mango, banana, pomegranate, passion fruit, handful of cherries, banana, grapefruit, tomatoes, onion
Free: Beans, pasta
HeA: 375ml skimmed milk, Philadelphia Light
HeB: 2 x bread
Syns: 3 x Quorn sausages (3), Honey Greek Yoghurt (2) Honey Greek Yoghurt (2) Ice lolly (5) Fry Light (1/2)

I have had a very late breakfast, so that's going to count more like lunch, then I'll probably have fruit (got a delicious mango and bananas and passion fruit - yum) and yoghurt until my dinner tonight, which will probably be a stir-fry (lots of superfree veg!) with egg noodles and quorn steak.

Last edited:
Probably the best think you can do is make sure you drink a lot of water, that might help you lose some more. Though remember scales change every day, if you go up tomorrow doesn't mean you will gain at weigh in, and not to put you off, but cos you've lost 2.5lb or whatever it equals at the moment doesn't mean you will get that on on weight in day, you could only lose 2lb. For some reason you remind me of my best friend, she suffers from an eating disorder, I know how much of a struggle it is to break the binge/purge.

"Though remember scales change every day, if you go up tomorrow doesn't mean you will gain at weigh in, and not to put you off, but cos you've lost 2.5lb or whatever it equals at the moment doesn't mean you will get that on on weight in day, you could only lose 2lb."

So true. It's stupid how much importance I attach to those ever-changing numbers. I think I've been finding it hard to avoid the scales becasue I put on soooo much last week, but I am going to try not to weigh in again until my official day (Tuesday) and keep everything crossed that I will only go down from here!

Fingers crossed. After 3 bad weeks, i've been on track all week and avoided the scales and i'm usually an every morning weigher. My weigh in is tomorrow and I hope I've lost. Sometimes we take to much notice of those little numbers.

We definitely take too much notice.

I've been keeping up to date with your diary, and it looks like you've been on a proper roll, so should be a good week!

I hope so, we shall find out in the morning. As long as its not a STS or a gain i'm happy. If its anything over a 1lb, I am extremely happy. Maybe if I didn't take so much notice of the numbers I wouldn't have found it so hard to get back on track :p

Had a very hungry day yesterday. Still stuck to the plan with syns etc, but feel I did eat too much. Feeling a bit bloated this morning, and wondering if it's from having bread and pasta yesterday.

Although I really prefer green days, I think I have better losses with red days.

I had been losing 2lb a week steadily using a mix of green and red, then tried an all green week and lost only 1lb. This could have been down to anything, but I think I eat more starch on green days, and more overall. I think I eat a lot more superfree on red days.

Therefore, today will be a red day, and I will do red days until I weigh in on Tuesday. I find red days much harder to plan, as I don't eat meat or fish, and therefore am more reliant on stuff like tofu and Quorn. I may have a large lunch with eggs, quorn bacon and toast. Yum!

Yesterday's food:

Superfree: tonnes of pineapple, passion fruit, 2 x banana, mushrooms
Free: quorn bacon - 2 rashers, quorn chicken pieces
HeA: 375ml skimmed milk, Philadelphia Light
HeB: 2 x bread
Syns: 5 x crackerbread (5), ice lollies (7)

Could have been better, but as I was out, I ate mainly fruit. A bit worried that I mainly eat tripocal fruit, as it is more sugary, but fruit has to be a good thing, right?

Would be better to keep syns to around 10, maybe, as I do need to be losing nearly 2lbs a week to reach my target.

Weight fluctuated up yesterday, and a bit down today - yeaterday was just under 11st 6lb, today was under 11 st 5 and 1/2lb, which is good, as I would like to be under 11st 5lb on Tuesday. I had wanted to be 11 st 3 and 1/2 lb by my weigh in on Tuesday, but that was wishful thinking, and not realistic, so anything under 11st 5lb and I'll be super happy!

Woken up feeling very ill today, so not sure what I'll eat. It's midday and I haven't wanted anything yet :(

Today's food:

Superfree: 1.5 x banana, passion fruit, mushrooms, pineapple
Free: Vege sausages, Vege bacon
HeB: 4 x scan bran (should have had 10 for both Hebs, couldn't eat more than 4)
HeA: vegan cheese, milk
Syns: Ice lolly (4), teaspoon maple syrup (1)

Last edited:
Was 11st 4 and 3/4lb again this morning, so hopefully I'll still be 11st 4lb something (even if it's 4lb and 7/8 of a pound!) by tomorrow.

This means I should get to 11 st 3lb by next week. I'll take that!

I have extended my goal from the 26th June to the 1st July, so that gives me an extra week. That would mean I had 10 pounds to lose in 5 weeks.

I am so annoyed with myself - I had only 10 pounds to lose and 8 weeks to do it in. So irritated that I sabotaged myself by getting off plan. At least I'm back on track now though. Phew.

Am stuck in bed with a horrible cold today - only just eaten, and it's one thirty, so probably not going to eat that much today. I don't have much of an appetite. My head feels like it's about to explode.

Food so far:

tea
2 x slices of brown toast with marmite and margarine

Last edited:
Urghh. Ended up eating another piece of toast, marge and marmite as I took some cold and flu medicine that burned my stomach. As soon as I ate, it felt fine.

Still feeling rotten :mad:

I think I've got some kind of sinus thing. My ears are blocked and behind my nose is blocked (rather than my actual nose). Urghhh.

I think the bread is 6 syns, and the margarine is about 4.5 syns, so 10.5 and no good food today except for half a banana.

planning on having Vegetarian Tom Yam Soup tonight, not sure on syns, but it's mostly veg, so should still be under 15 syns tonight, which hardly matters I guess, as I doubt I'll want to eat anything else anyway.

Oh yeah - last thing - after my official weigh in tomorrow morning, I am going to get my hubbie to hide the scales, so I can't weigh until next week.

The scale obsession is out of control, so if I can't control my weighing urges, I'll have to limit my access!

Thanks! Will be weighing in, posting, then hiding scales!

Official weigh in....11st 4 and 1/2lbs. V happy with that.

Scales firmly hidden, and no weigh in until 29th May for me now!

Goal for next weigh in is 11st 2 1/2lbs.

Today I'm probably going to eat more than I have been, as I'm not feeling ill, and I think that having had a few days around the 1000 calorie mark, it's probably a good idea to have a higher day. I'm not going to go crazy though, and will still be on plan.

Additionally, today my eating is going to be 100% vegan. I will report back later in the day on how that's going. I will probably also go shopping for some vegan cook books today.

Hope everyone else on Tuesday weigh in is happy with their result today!

Back