The long journey to the real me

Yep, I knows what happened

After my holiday, I'm back to SW. I've been off-plan for about a week and a half, and in that time, have managed to maintain my weight at 10st 5lb. This is practically unheard of for me - generally after eating as much as I have for that long, I would have put on at least half a stone. I can only put it down to the vegan food helping me to maintain.

Am sort of happy about starting back on SW - I do actually quite like having the rules, but not very strict rules keeping me on track.

I have also been thinking about my target weight. I am only 7lb away from my target of 9st 12lb, but am still feeling quite chunky, so I may adjust that down to 9st 7lb at some point in the future.

My goal weight for my Tuesday weigh in is 10st 4lb, as i only have half a week until weigh day.

Food so far today:

HeA: soya milk (sweetened)
HeB: 2 x bread
Superfree: onions, mushrooms, garlic, lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, pear
Free: noodles, potato, baked beans
Syns: vegan sausages (4) condiments (1) oil and dark choc

Last edited:
Weigh in today was 10 stone 2 lb. This is not as good as it sounds, as I have had stomach flu and therefore haven't kept much down for the last week. My food diary is incredibly sparse right now, as it's been a case of a couple of slices of toast or so a day.

Weight has been at 10 stone for about three days now, so will mark it in statistics, but won't be surprised if it goes up after I feel better!

Not much to report otherwise - just waiting for the bug to go away to continue following SW plan.

Last edited:
Can't believe it's over a year since I posted in this diary! (I started another very short one for a while, but I thought I'd come back to this one). Lost a lot since I started this, and am currently at 9st7lb, although I know my scales weigh a bit light, which is why I want to get down to 8 and a half stone, as that will be somewhere between 8 and a half and nine on other, more accurate scales.

It's been a crazy year, I've got divorced, which probably accounts for a lot of the weight loss, and I have been working really hard to go back to college and retrain (which happens in a few weeks! Yippee!)

Unfortunately, losing 4 stone since my heaviest ever weight means that my bust is looking awful (saggy, excess skin) and I'm a bit 'sloppy' round the stomach etc! I need to start excercising, which is something I'm really struggling to get started with. I shuld dig out my swimming cossie while it's hot!

Any tips on saggy skin gladly received! I have been counting calories the last few days, out of necessity (too busy to go shopping, so just grabbing what I could) but will get back on SW proper tomorrow.

Last edited:
Good day so far in terms of sticking to the plan.

Food today:

HeA: soya milk
HeB: wholemeal bread and olive oil

Superfree: melon, orange, banana, tomato passata, garlic, watercress, salad
Free: vegan sausages, giant cous cous, pasta, soya yoghurt

Syns: flavoured tofu (3), condiments (2), agave syrup (1) salad dressing (2)

Feeling very, very large today. It's weird: I'm so much lighter than before, but don't feel it. I am flabby and untoned, and feel like I have obvious problem areas. It's been quite a hard day in terms of body image.

arghhh. I'm such a yo-yo dieter! After putting on a few pounds, I am back to nip it in the bud. This time I am going to exercise too, whihc I haven't done before. I think I'll start off fairly gently, with a swim today. Joined a gym yesterday, and will have to wait until I get my two PT sessions before I can make full use of the equipment, I think. Having quit my job to go back to college, I'm really feeling the difference between doing a quite physical job, and sitting on my butt all day. Muscle tone has already started going. My cardiovascular fitness was never good. Plan is to work upto 5k.

Starting eating plan on Monday.

Urghhh - back again! This time I am going to be a bit better sticking with this. Weight is ok - 9st8lb, but it went down to 8st11lb in the summer, so that's quite a gain. There's a good chance I won't get down to that again, as I am not doing a physical job anymore, and am losing hours of exercise a day. I'd like to lose at least 8lbs though, as all my clothes are starting to feel tight.

I've been sleeping REALLY badly recently, and using food when I've been tired, load of coffee and chocolate and stuff, so I have to cut that out. Think I'm going to feel hungry for a few days though, as I have got used to constantly eating at the moment!

I'm thinking I may make some SW friendly meals while I have the day off today, and freeze in oven-friendly portion sizes, so I just have to get back from college in the evenings, and pop them in the oven. My microwave broke, so my usual quick jacket potato and beans option is no longer possible, unless I want to wait an hour for the potato to cook in the oven (which is so delicious, but I'm always too hungry to wait that long!)

Food so far today:

HEB: shredded wheat
HEA: soya milk
Superfree: banana

Only ate that a short while ago, and am already hungry. Must go and get a large drink of water. It'll be good to get the eating under control again, as am a bit anxious about how fast I've been piling on weight.

Going to read more diaries for inspiration...

Ok, went to gym and did zumba and ran 5k. Feeling quite good about that. Will probably do something a bit more relaxing, like a swim tomorrow.

Updated:

HeA: Soya/coconut milk
HeB: shredded wheat, bread
Superfree: 2 x apples, 2 x pears, banana
Free: Vegan sausages, baked beans
Syns: vegan protein flapjack (10), yoghurt (2)

Was good to have a day on plan yesterday. I do find that when I'm doing SW, I can end up eating a lot of processed foods if I'm busy - tinned beans, vegan sausages etc, but it's helpful to have those foods to rely on until I get into the swing of eating less, and cooking SW-friendly meals.

Feel so much better after working out yesterday. I have been working out quite a lot recently, but had a week or so off. Am going to go back to gym today, but a bit gutted to have missed out on booking yoga on time! Was planning yoga followed by a 5k run. I do walk some of the 5k, but the plan is to build upto running the whole thing. Getting there.

Plans eats for today:

HeA: coconut milk
HeB: shredded wheat
Superfree: banana

For lunch, I think I'm going to try making some soup that someone wrote about - cook baked beans and tinned tomatoes together, then blend for a really creamy tomato soup! I have basil so I think I could add that, and make it really tasty, and it would be so filling too. Not sure about dinner yet. It would be good to finally attempt a tofu scramble - been planning to make that for ages, and keep not getting round to it. Could have that on toast. Alternatively, I could have a jacket potato. Might look around for some recipes!

Snacks will be a yoghurt and fruit. I also have these weight loss green tea bags, which your meant to drink two a day off. I'm sure they are probably useless, but it's a good change from constantly drinking coffee. They taste ok as well, I'm usually not the biggest green tea fan.

In other news, have been separated for nearly a year now, and am getting so bored of being single. Been dating a bit, and stuff like that, but it's so dull. I want to meet some nice men!

So yesterday I ended up making the soup for lunch and having it with toast and marmite. So filling.

Evening meal wasn't so good - I ended up eating out, and there wasn't much choice. I reckon that if I take out free foods and superfree, my syns should just about cover the meal, so not too bad.

Today, again, ended up eating breakfast out, but only had a couple of slices of dry white toast. Will have to syn, which is a bit of a waste!

HeA: soya milk and coconut milk
HeB: bread and olive oil
Superfree: 2 x apples, 1 x banana, onion, artichoke, pepper, tomato, salad
Free: whole wheat giant couscous, baked beans, vegan sausages, tofu, balsamic vinegar
Syns: bread and a couple of squares of dark choc 15

No exercise today, but went running yesterday, and then walked for miles in the evening, so packed a fair bit in. Zumba tomorrow evening, which I'll probably follow up with a little swim - after the last zumba class, I was dying for a dip in the pool, so it should be nice.

Nothing else to report really. Keeping on track, hoping to get a result for WI.

Last edited:
I just lost a post. Grrr. Am feeling awful today - am off college sick, so have been trying to work from home. Exhausted, but don't want to sleep as I've had pretty bad insomnia recently. Also going to miss out on zumba class today cause am feelign so bad. Urghh.

Diary:

HeA: soya and coconut milk
HeB: bread
Superfree: apple, banana, onion, veg soup, watercress, rocket, spinach
Free: vegan sausages, beans (in soup)
Syns: chocolate (5), truffle oil (2) condiments (2)

Hey FatGurlSlim,

Sorry to hear you are feeling ill, I was feeling a bit sorry for myself yesterday with a banging migraine that only pitch-black silence can solve.

Needless to say, the partner wasn't having too much fun either :p

Feeling a bit worn out just reading about how much exercise youre doing!! I cycle 8 miles a day 5 days to and from work but have been investigating my local gyms, just need to bite the bullet!!

Hey FatGurlSlim,

Sorry to hear you are feeling ill, I was feeling a bit sorry for myself yesterday with a banging migraine that only pitch-black silence can solve.

Needless to say, the partner wasn't having too much fun either :p

Feeling a bit worn out just reading about how much exercise youre doing!! I cycle 8 miles a day 5 days to and from work but have been investigating my local gyms, just need to bite the bullet!!

Sounds like you're racking up a fair bit of exercise yourself! Good work. I am really quite enjoying the gym. The past couple of weeks I haven't been as much as I wanted, but on the whole, I am enjoying being more active. I say go for it!

Hope the head's better. I feel loads better today. Sometimes I think you just need a day off to nip something in the bud.

Eaten too many syns today. Just didn't take out enough food, then had to grab what I could.

HeA: soya milk
HeB: none :(
Superfree: banana, 2 x apples, veg in stirfry, veg in salad, melon
Free: Giant couscous, tofu,
Syns: (eeeeek) crisps: 7.5, yoghurt, 4, raw bar 5, nutritional yeast 1, wheatgerm 2

Not a terrible day food-wise or calorie-wise, but pretty bad SW-wise!

Also - am so bloated from all the fruit at the moment.

I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to SW so wouldn't be able to tell. I'm doing calorie counting at the moment, which I find simpler for me.

Just think though, before you went on plan would you have ate that healthy?! I think you did really well :)

I only seem to get bloated on Bananas other fruit doesn't seem to fill me up though. Can't win!

Back