the long road home.

Viixenx

~*I always end up back here*~
Hi all, I don’t know who is going to stumble on my rantings and journey through weight loss, but I welcome you all, and hope everyone is okay.
I’ve always been “bigger” but I have found my weight going up with my age, I was in all the sports teams in school, was fit and healthy, still a bit bigger, but I could run. When I left school and out of the routine, I guess, I started working at a video store. The store generally being open till 10pm, I was eating bad things, at horrendous times. I carried on working in dvd stores, until April 2009. Up until last November, I hadn’t worked, and got myself into a horrible insomniac, eating everything state. Never exercising, but always eating. I then started my job at the library in my city. I never realised how big I actually was, I guess I was just in denial, until I stepped on the Slimming World scales on 8th September 2011. A few friends of mine had started S.W a few weeks before and were doing quite well, I thought i’d give it a go. I met my group leader, who was lovely, and went to the first image therapy and really got into it. Hearing all these peoples losses.
I went home and started the plan, finding my first week, a big shock to the system. After the first initial days and endless going though the cupboards to count syns and that and started to really get into it. I never realized being on a “diet” could actually be so easy. My first weigh in on S.W was nerve racking. I was shaking, then getting on the scales, I find out I had lost -7lbs, and in that first week had earned my half stone award. I was so happy. I continued the program and in my second week, Id lost another 4lbs, earning Slimmer of the Week. I had a bad week the third week, finding myself to be stuck in a little rut I guess, Still coming away with a loss. -1 1/2lbs.
Im currently on my fourth week, and I have been naughty, it being a friends party and having 2 loads of chinese. I dont think Ive ever felt so guilty after eating before. Which is why now, im starting a food diary on here so I can track what i’ve had during the day.
So again welcome, and the struggle begins….

Hi Viixenx

Well done on your losses so far! The first few weeks can be tricky, like learning a whole new way to eat/think about food. Don't beat yourself up too much about falling off the wagon - we all do. You've done the right thing by drawing a line under it and getting back on plan. I know myself sometimes it can take me days/weeks to do so.

From my experience the support you get on minimins is fantastic! There is always someone to kick you up the bum if you need it or console you in moments of weakness. I've also found wonderful recipes and inspiration on this site.

Sorry for hi-jacking your diary! Good luck with your journey!

Pix :)

No seriously, thank you for taking the time to read it. Im doing okay on Slimming World, but this week I just cant satisfy my hunger, Im doing all the same stuff I was before but I dont know if this could be my first um 'Star' week from starting the program. Would that have any effect on my eating habits?

Sometimes when it comes to * week you can feel hungrier and almost like nothing satisfies you. Other times you can not be hungry at all. I think it really depends on the person and what your body is doing at the time. That's my experience anyway. Keep up the good work!

I agree, you've done very well Viixenx! If I had the option of having my uterus amputated right now, I'm fairly certain I'd take it!

And, yes, I am stalking you. Why do you ask?

LoonyMeow^..^ xx

Its official, I'm on my first * week since I started dieting. I started today, I can feel that familiar cramping knot I'm my stomach. I kind of knew it would be this week as my eating habits have changed the past day or two. Never feeling satisfied and craving stodge and sweets. Still, if I've put on any weight I wouldn't be suprised as I've heard a lot of people put on during * week.
With my thyroid trouble as well its usually so so painful. Anyway, I haven't been 100 percent on plan since Saturday so when I stop * week I'm going to do a week 100percent to plan!

Keep at it lovely, you know I'm here for you if you need me ^_^

Today is a joyous day. Yesterday I got weighed and was happy to know I've lost 5lbs this week. Bringing the magic total to 19lbs lost in 6 weeks. I'm so proud of myself and I'm starting to feel in control of my life. I was also happy this morning as I can finally register my weight on the wii fit board! So now I can start exercising and using that again. By christmas my ultimate aim is to of lost 3 stone. Non scale victorys? Well there is a pencil skirt and a leather jacket in my wardrobe I'd love to start wearing again! Here's to another healthy and happy week. :D

Well, back to the scales after having my first off week since I started Slimming World. I enjoyed (synfully) a 3 piece kfc meal on tuesday night. I think it was just what I needed, after I had eaten I felt rubbish and guilty that id just thrown all my diet away. Im going to see the damage in about an hour, then Im determind to have a (near enough) 100 percent week. Has anyone else ever had a week off and just felt the need to have one binge out session? I will master self control.

Well, back to the scales after having my first off week since I started Slimming World. I enjoyed (synfully) a 3 piece kfc meal on tuesday night. I think it was just what I needed, after I had eaten I felt rubbish and guilty that id just thrown all my diet away. Im going to see the damage in about an hour, then Im determind to have a (near enough) 100 percent week. Has anyone else ever had a week off and just felt the need to have one binge out session? I will master self control.

Don't beat yourself up hun, we all need flexible days and we all slip up. You're doing really well so far ^_^ x

its been so long since I updated this,

I gave up pretty much after my last blog post.

I dont know why?

But i started back again on Slimming World at the end of April!

Been on plan 6 weeks and lost 18lbs!

Small losses. I seem to have develped a pattern of STS - loss - STS im just happy the weights coming off! And im not allowing myself to feel guilty anymore!

I now have a border collie too called Poppy who requires lots of walks and its keeping me and her happy walking her!

Trying to also loose weight as I want to have children, but not while im the size I am.

Motivated. Im back world.

Back