The longest journey begins...

decolady

I came back to Lighterlife,totally fed up with my weight and disillusioned as to whether I would ever reach my goal. I started the new Lighterlife Lite on 6th October,and today I have my first weigh in- I have lost 14,5lb in 2 weeks! Lighterlife lite has enabled me to still be social with my friends,which is important to me,and I think this could be sustainable.I'm interested to hear other people's experiences.I feel happier than I have done in a while!:)

Wow that is a brilliant loss, well done. I've had to change to Lite for a few weeks due to illness. I don't find it difficult and after 11 weeks of total I'm enjoying the flavours of the veg and protein. So far in 2 weeks on Lite I've lost 1.5lbs and 2.5lbs. My GP wants me to do another 2 weeks of Lite before I go back to Total. I'm hoping that the month of increased calories will kick start some good losses with Total again.

Well done you! Sounds like your doctor talks sense.And probably the extra 2 weeks on Lite will be good for you. I feel ready for this right now,and for me,the ability to eat with my friends on special occasions feels nice..also,automatically,it is making me look at the carb content of food,whereas on my (many) previous diets,i've only ever really studied the calories..i suspect for long term maintenance,that is going to be the key difference....

My GP, who happens to be tall and slim like a model, was asking about what happens when we get to goal. I explained RTM and how carbs are one of the last foods added back. And she said yes you need only small amounts of potato, brown rice, brown pasta, etc. So I think you are right about the amounts of carbs in maintenance will be very different to the amounts we used to eat before LL. I'm looking forward to getting to goal and learning what I'll eat in the future.

i'll be honest,i'm not hugely missing the carbs..which is a nice surprise..i'm even coping without my nightly glass or two of wine!!!!! lol

decolady, that's an amazing loss! What a sudden amount to not have to carry around! Your body must be feeling so much stronger and happier! For me a lot of the process when I did it before was actually more about experiencing the process than reaching the goal, and learning what other people genuinely think when they look at me and finding ways not to judge myself. This time round, 2 years later, I've put a lot of it back on, but where before I'd have been crying myself to sleep at night about the fat I just couldn't shift and thinking it made me look disgusting, now instead I just shrug it off and enjoy my symmetrical features! Every time I feel fat I try to budget money aside to get a dress that makes me look awesome whatever size I am, and that helps a lot.

The losing weight it really more about feeling healthy and alert now, as my job is so physically demanding, and that's honestly a mindset that's come from sticking with LLL in the past! I think that's something to bear in mind when you worry about reaching your goals; remember that your life goals could become completely different, and weightloss a casual side-effect!

Good luck :D

Back