The loveliest wedding!

Sally_Cinnamon

doesn't have a witty name
So, after a total driving time of 20 hours we finally made it back from our best friend's wedding. Iowa was warm and sunny, perfect wedding weather, and the brides were radiant. I have eaten all manner of food that certainly wasn't on plan, but had a fabulous time and shed a few tears at our lovely friends. We don't know when we might see them again now, they live 8 hours away from us and US immigration laws mean that they might have to return to England in order to stay together, despite the fact that they're legally married in both Iowa and England. Anyway, I present to you all the gorgeous brides, Tracy & Mandy...

DSCF8391-3.jpg

And this is my lovely family. My youngest, Izzy, is in the hot pink. Susan, my partner (she was Mandy's "best lesbian") in the navy, I'm wearing a dress that was described by one of the (many) gay men in attendance as "like a sunset, darling, you look like a stunning sunset over the ocean" and Becs, my eldest is in the print dress looking frighteningly grown up and nothing like her tender 13 years.

DSCF8491-2.jpg

I'm letting myself off the food hook, though, as we had absolutely no control over what we ate. I had healthy snacks in the car, but all the meals after we arrived were served in the hotel and from a menu determined by the brides. So, just because it was so terribly, terribly delicious, and just because it was so terribly, terribly off plan, I give you my dinner at the rehearsal meal. Day-After-Thanksgiving sandwich--an indulgent combination of a pretzel bun (about as big as a small child's head...) with red-skinned mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey breast, cranberry sauce, and gravy. Oh, and don't forget the onion rings...

DSCF7903-2.jpg

Back on plan now though, and busy updating 800 photographs to facebook!

It looks like a truly fabulous day and you all look absolutely gorgeous xxx

omg you all look gorgeous! congratulations to your friends. that food looks delish! :)

You do look like a stunning sunset over the ocean. I NEED that dress!! You have such a beautiful family, you must be so proud of them. Glad you had a great time and are firmly focussed on SW now that you're back home. Good luck for the rest of the week hunny :love:

Your dress is beautiful (love the way your gay friend put it) and so are your family :)

i am jelous of you going to a wedding, i LOVE weddings!

It sure sounds like a fabulous wedding - I am loving the discription of your dress, thats ace!!

Your family picture is lovely to - really pleased you had such a great time :)

Looks like you all had a fab day and congrats to the happy couple :)

Sounds like a fantastic time and the pics are wondnerful.
Great attitude with the plan too, back on track straight away.Well done!

Back