The *Magical* Monday Thread

MinnieMel

Why Be Normal?
Morning All --

I am feeling the magic today... the sun is shining and its Valentines Day. As an American, I can look back fondly at the Valentine's Day class parties we used to have when I was in primary school.

It was always good fun to make our card holders (my favourite was a post box design that was made from a milk carton).

Then, whilst the party was in progress, everyone went around and delivered their cards to the other children's mailboxes (or whatever card holder was that year).

The rule was that you had to give EVERYONE a card... but not necessarily the same card. Usually you bought an asssortment pack of little cards. (Now, they are mostly themed such as Sponge Bob cards, etc.)

Anyway, if you were a "lucky" girl, some boy would anonymously give you a "special card" and, then amongst the standard compulsory cards, there would be a magical mystery missive! Ahhhh... you could go to sleep that night dreaming that the boy you liked, liked you. And, sometimes you found out it was from "him".

I hope everyone has a good day... I'm off to my CDC soon. I hope she shows at least the same puny loss that my scales showed yesterday. May the magic continue... fingers crossed.

MinnieMel

Morning! That sounds like a lovely thing to do with the valentines cards :)

Well, I walked into work this morning (2.9 miles) and will be walking home again too, I might even go swimming tonight - I think I am at the 'full of energy' stage!

Just finished my first litre of water and already had 2 black coffees so water intake shouldn't be a problem today - it never normally is though tbh!

Good morning all feeling fab. Scales dropped a lovely pound this morning. Yay. Mel hope CDC scales are kind to ya my lovely xx

Hello all,

Last week of work for me this week before my contract comes to an end!

Haven't really weighed myself at home much as of late so will be looking forward to thursday to see what the results are!

Hope you all have a magical monday!

J

@Shanny - My CDC's scales read 10.13 too (and that is with my long corderoy skirt on!) Whoop, whoop!

MM

@Jfryyyy,

Are you looking forward to the work break? It is nice that the weather is starting to improve.

@Falafel -- I am glad you are doing so well on the CD. From what I gather the "Ketosis fairy" has arrived!

MM

MM - I am Canadian, and had very similar experiences with V day! So heartwarming to read your post!

Get to spend my v day evening with hubby, who bought me a new book and a lovely card instead of choccies. So cute!

Happy love day everyone! X

MM - I am quite the opposite really, managed to find a job within the IT industry (what i want to do) and then with the budget cuts they can't afford to keep me on! :(

Although this time around, I am determined to not be unemployed for long and am looking around at apprenticeships and such to keep me occupied.

However, having a lie-in every day of the week could be nice though :D

J

Magic Monday!
Weigh in day and valentines and I have my gorgeous OH at home with me! Got lovely jewellery I'm
So spoiled! Roses and champers too! (will save for goal day!) it's getting sunny outside! And I'm not in a grump I must be having a brill day!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

you may guess today is a GREEEEEEEAT day for me .. weigh in this morning showed an 8lb loss and am now in the 10 stones :eek::eek::eek: seriously the last time I was 10 stone something I was at primary school ( so about 23 years ago ... ) and I never ever ever thought I would get there again !!!!

So I am celebrating ... we are having a valentines chinese ... but I am having omelette and have bought myself an atkins choc bar ... so a few more calories than a normal day but wont affect me much .. and I start 810 tomorrow again so allll goooooodddd :)

Mm well done for getting into the 10 s too ... you are doing so well :)

determinator said:
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

you may guess today is a GREEEEEEEAT day for me .. weigh in this morning showed an 8lb loss and am now in the 10 stones :eek::eek::eek: seriously the last time I was 10 stone something I was at primary school ( so about 23 years ago ... ) and I never ever ever thought I would get there again !!!!

So I am celebrating ... we are having a valentines chinese ... but I am having omelette and have bought myself an atkins choc bar ... so a few more calories than a normal day but wont affect me much .. and I start 810 tomorrow again so allll goooooodddd :)

Mm well done for getting into the 10 s too ... you are doing so well :)

Well done lovely!!! You are an inspiration! Enjoy the omelette! X

Evening Ladies --

I made my DH a Rosemary Conley dinner of sage and Pepperjack stuff chicken breasts wrapped in parma ham, with a beetroot and tomato salad with mango juice and balsamic vinger dressing. And for dessert I put blackberries and raspberries in a wine glass and covered them with sugar free black cherry jello. All very South Beach diet friendly -- and he said it was a fab dinner.

He gave me a lovely card, and a bottle of Chloe perfume (my fav).

He bought the card a couple of years ago and then mislaid it... so, I suggested he give it to me today. And, I picked up the perfume myself a few weeks ago when I was shopping at the larger AF base. He never goes, so he wouldn't be able to buy it for me. But, it is all good.

I am glad everyone seems to have had a pretty good V-Day!

MM

@Jfryyy -- I hope that something really good comes along for you soon. Fingers crossed!

@Shanny and Katie -- Let's race to double size zero! NOT! LOL
But, yeah to being healthier!

@NikkiNack -- Where do you come from in Canada? My FIL was from Nova Scotia and served in the RCAF. People often think I am Canadian because I am from Seattle and the accent is very similar to a BC one.

@Lancsgirl -- Jealous! But it's okay... my DH knows that I'll sort it and it works better that way for us. Neither one of us is particulary sentimental about things like Valentine's Day. The card for him, Card and perfume for me... is more for our DD's benefit. After 26 years together (24 married) we know we love each other because we're both still here! ;)

MM

Back