The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Oh how we have neglected this page recently!!
Park runs are in full swing for some of us, so it might be nice to record times on here and see how everyone is getting on.
Hints and tips if anyone needs them, and anything else running related!!!

I'm going to start looking at new trainers this weeked... Unsure of whether to get the same again as havent had a problem with them, or to get some new ones... and risk them not being perfect...

I've had then about 6 months I think but they're getting pretty muddy so keeping these for wet runs and new ones for when it's dry.

I got 30.38y first one and then 29 something the one after it so good luck!!!

I got 41.26 on Saturday but beat my first pb from October 2013 (at 17st9) by 10 mins!

Re trainers, I bought new ones from decathlon, they weren't too expensive, (£45-50 iirc) checked my gait and come with a 2 year guarantee! I've had them a couple of months and they're pretty comfy.

Well done on the new pb!!!

I've had my gait done before and the. Bought my shoes online from sportsshoes I think it's called.
Question is to stick with what I have or get new ones... Different make etc,

I've not been running outside since early October, got a really bad ear infection which still occasionally flares up and have been advised not to run in the cold and wet. Now going the gym once a week but it's not the same and I find it really difficult to run as far or for as long. Anyone else find this when running on a treadmill?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've not been running outside since early October, got a really bad ear infection which still occasionally flares up and have been advised not to run in the cold and wet. Now going the gym once a week but it's not the same and I find it really difficult to run as far or for as long. Anyone else find this when running on a treadmill?

That must be really frustrating!! I used to love running on a treadmill before I did outdoors and now its the opposite way round. I can't regulate to running at one constant speed if you know what I mean? It feels ever so strange.

I think that's it I'm constantly fiddling with the pace. I also struggle with not moving through a landscape, 1K seems to take forever! I think next time I'm going to cover the display. My running app has an indoor treadmill tracker so it will tell me my distance every half K

Haha fallen in love?

Hello! Can I join you?

Just joined but have 21 weeks to train for the brighton marathon and can only manage 2 miles at the mo...So need all the help & motivation I can get!

I'm starting slimming world tomorrow...any tips?

Hey - of course you can join, the more the merrier!!

Wow, that's an awesome challenge. I am doing Paris marathon next year and I think it's around the same date as the Brighton marathon - Sunday 12th April?

Are you new to running? Have you got a training plan for it?

My top tips with Slimming World are definitely to plan, plan, plan! Organisation without a doubt helps until you've got your head around it and your head 100% in it. Apart from that don't be afraid to ask questions, your consultant should be able to help or on minis someone always seems to know the answer. Might be useful to set up a food diary in the diary section too to get some feedback on what you're eating and in case you're missing anything.

Woop another member!

Well done on the sub 30. I want to jump on the marathon band wagon.

Hey - of course you can join, the more the merrier!! Wow, that's an awesome challenge. I am doing Paris marathon next year and I think it's around the same date as the Brighton marathon - Sunday 12th April? Are you new to running? Have you got a training plan for it? My top tips with Slimming World are definitely to plan, plan, plan! Organisation without a doubt helps until you've got your head around it and your head 100% in it. Apart from that don't be afraid to ask questions, your consultant should be able to help or on minis someone always seems to know the answer. Might be useful to set up a food diary in the diary section too to get some feedback on what you're eating and in case you're missing anything.

I did Paris in 2013. It was absolutely amazing. Im just disappointed I didn't maintain that fitness or size. I'm 3 stone heavier and feeling every lb :( still only one way to go!

Ran this morning, 2 miles in 22 mins. It's a start. I'm following a plan created by the asics app for five weeks whilst I build up to running six miles again, then I'll probably follow the Hal higdon beginners plan.

Do you have a plan in mind? How often do you run?

I've used Hal higdon's novice II plan for my training! It begins week commencing 8th Dec but at the minute I'm running 2-3 times a week. One short fast run (park run last few weeks), another easy run and a slightly longer run around 10k or so. I did the great South run a few weeks ago and an 8 mile multi terrain race the week before that so just trying to maintain my fitness a little before starting the training plan as the first long run is 8 miles.

How exciting! We can be training buds then as we're basically following the same plan in the same time frame!

Well done on your 2 miles today :)

I've used Hal higdon's novice II plan for my training! It begins week commencing 8th Dec but at the minute I'm running 2-3 times a week. One short fast run (park run last few weeks), another easy run and a slightly longer run around 10k or so. I did the great South run a few weeks ago and an 8 mile multi terrain race the week before that so just trying to maintain my fitness a little before starting the training plan as the first long run is 8 miles. How exciting! We can be training buds then as we're basically following the same plan in the same time frame! Well done on your 2 miles today :)

Sounds great! I think I'll be on novice 1 unless the weight drops off v fast! It really does make a difference to running!

I'm so jealous of all the marathon training! Not sure if I can commit to it or not yet. But I'm aiming for 2016. I'd like to work on my speed throughout 2015 i think.

Back