The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Running tonight!!! With the ladies.

Looking forward to getting out and about as haven't run since sunday. Not sure why but I've had a sore foot and every bone in my body has been aching since monday. Hoping that tonights run won't be too difficult.

They also have stamina training on a wednesday which helps with speed, so thinking of giving that a go this week.

My sister recons its that plantar fasciitis, but i doubt it is, I recon its from wearing heels 2 nights in a row.
I'm just going to do a slow 3-4 miles hopefully and take it easy and hopefully that'll ease it back in.

I've rested it in the evenings as much as I can. I think i need more support in my shoes at work though. Thinking of looking for black trainers as I think I'd be able to get away with those with my uniform.

Urgh I hate injuries!

I'm pleased I'm finally getting back into it. I have done 3 x 2 mile runs this week and will do a fourth on Sat - a "long" run of 3 miles. Then I'll add a mile to the long run and a mile to one of the midweekers each week for the next 4 weeks. Then review.

Ok so this week done:

Mon - 2 miles
Tues - 2.2 miles
Thurs - 2.3 miles
Sat - 3.8 miles

Total: 10.3 miles all at around a 11 min mile pace

I am so chuffed! I haven't run four times in one week since last year! Training well underway :)

Hope everyone else is doing well :)

Hope it sorts itself out!! I've not been running since Thursday. I feel like I've got flu but without the cold and I've had a flu jab about a month ago so I should be fine... In work but really feel like getting back in bed.

Oh poor you (plural!). I do hope, opal, that your foot gets better - so frustrating - and jennie that your fluey symptoms go away.

I'm pleased with myself because I forced myself out for a run at 6am into the icy darkness and got 3 miles done :) and it felt much better than last week when I struggled to do 2 miles.

I'm all signed up for the Santa run at old Trafford on 7th can't wait!!!

Oh poor you (plural!). I do hope, opal, that your foot gets better - so frustrating - and jennie that your fluey symptoms go away.

I'm pleased with myself because I forced myself out for a run at 6am into the icy darkness and got 3 miles done :) and it felt much better than last week when I struggled to do 2 miles.

Target (feels weird calling you that! not sure what your real name is?! :D) you are doing so, so, so amazingly well!! Look how far you've come on in such a short space of time. You must be delighted!!

Brighton is getting closer!! Eeee!

Hi everyone, still around and running (although not as much as i'd like - tis the season for sneezes and coughs!

Hoping to escape for a 5ishk tonight all being well.

Target (feels weird calling you that! not sure what your real name is?! :D) you are doing so, so, so amazingly well!! Look how far you've come on in such a short space of time. You must be delighted!! Brighton is getting closer!! Eeee!

I'm Zoe...pleased to meet you :)

I am pleased and know it will get better as my weight goes down too.

20 weeks to Brighton :)

Hi Zoe!!!
I've been naughty and not done any exercise for 6 days now. So hoping to get out tonight before tea for half an hour. Even if it's raining!

Did you get out?

I was so knackered after a bad nights sleep I just couldn't get up at 6 to run....but I managed to get a quick (well, slow!) 5k in before picking the kiddies up.

So I now just have 2 miles tomorrow and 4 miles on Sat on my schedule. I'd also like to get some muscle work in somewhere..might try the 30 day shred on a couple of non running days...

Wow! You are so good at this!! I've been a bit pants lately with running but its been a week since I last run and my friends back at the club tonight so I'm going there. Didn't end up going last night as the OH chickened out of the gym as well.

3 miles again today...I felt tired starting off but enjoyed this more than yesterday. Probably because the first mile wasn't all uphill!!! Av pace 10.37....much better than last weeks 11.18.

Rest day tomorrow and I'm taking them seriously!

A piccie for your motivation lily....this is me, 2.5 stone lighter, and the end of the Paris Marathon in 2013.

image-878964688.jpg

Well done!! Love the photo, you look fab and nothing like youve just run that distance!!!

Back