The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Lucy how was your run if you went??

I didn't get to go, I've checked the forecast for tomorrow and it looks better so i've got a couple of hours spare so I am GOING!!!!! ;)

You truly are amazing though, I read back the first couple of pages to see where you've come from, I would read it again if I was you and needed inspiration any day! ;)

Ahhhh yeah I've never read back on this thread!! Thank you...but really I just push myself when I don't wanna go that's definitely the hardest part - I've had my fair share of times when I've been lazy and not bothered and I lost all of the toning I done with the 30 day shred!

I think I may try the Shred again after I've done the 10k next month :p however now looking back, I've no idea how I did that every day for 30 days! Lol.

I just want to go tomorrow now...I promise you..I had my gear on, I had the Nike app running, I stepped out of my front door and walked to the pavement and slipped over! It was awful!!! I waited in my gear thinking the sun would melt it but it didn't, in fact it snowed!

Tomorrows weather looks better though, I intend on going!!!!

Yeah you wouldn't catch me running on ice either it's too scary!! Not worth a pernament injury or embarrassment! =D

Hi Lucy was the ice melted today?

Just picked 5 mile run for tomorrow so that I don't have to do it Wednesday after work :)

3 miles on Wednesday though so that it's nice and quick after working all day!

Tomorrow plan pictured below
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1391366188.400347.jpg

If anyone wants to add me on the Nike App, just search for Lauren Tew when you go to the 'find friends' section and click on the little Nike tick :)

I ran 4k today, I'm happy with that as it means I'm back out running. We also walked around a lot in Manchester as went as a family to see the Chinese new year parades etc.

There was a lack of food so I ended up having plain noodles with a splash of curry sauce - think that's called picking the best option!

I need to get back on track as I've had alcohol this weekend and not counted the syns. Back on track tomorrow and hopefully the body magic will balance.

Thanks laurenypop I can't believe how much I miss running when I can't! My plan is 5k Tues, 3k Thurs and a longer run (maybe 6/7k) on Sunday.

I need to get going again as I've a 10k in may and 8k is my furthest so far!

Oh girls I'm really struggling to get out! The motivation wasn't there yesterday not with first day AF pains, I chose to clean the bathroom instead! :/

I need to plan my two week schedule and try to fit running in somewhere juggling between hubby working nights and then days and looking after a child. Other mums do it so I need to sort my priorities out!

Lucy I've ditched the idea of doing 5 miles today lol. You're not the only one!! I'm still a little achy from Saturday, so I'll just make sure I go tomorrow morning instead....ergh just couldn't be bothered I want a lazy day so I'm having it!!

Lucy I find it hard too. I do a night run on a pavement by a main road, a weekend day one and I've an hour crossover on a Thurs between dropping small at nursery and work.

Much easier when it's not dark and then it feels quite fun getting out in the evening.

Oh great, to top things off my running buddy's ex running buddy wants to re-join but only wants to go when I cant!

Bugger bugger!! I didn't want to be the one who took her place but I noticed that they'd stopped running months before I asked the one who was running at the gym by herself if she'd like to start outdoors with me. We've been running since sept and the time we go suites us as we both work part time and have children, the other girl has no kids, works full time but wants to go at 5 (as she doesn't want to go home and come back at 7 once she's relaxed) ....Agghhhh!!!!!

Oh nooo Lucy that's rubbish!!! This is why I don't rely on others to run with me and I started it out on my own...the amount of times my friend has let me down!

Ran 4 1/2 miles today :)

Total: 76.6 miles

What a shame Lucy. :( I run alone too (well just with imaginary zombies).

I managed my normal 4.6k this evening. My legs were a bit achy but it was OK. I've my little run Thurs (about 3k) and then thought a 6k Sunday to ramp it back up to pre cough levels! It's been a month since I did 8k with very little running.

I was thinking of adding an extra km for the next month for my long run and then I want to do 10k a few times and then maybe get to 12k so 10k doesn't feel really hard for race in may. Does that sound OK do you think?

I hope we can all work something out as I just have no motivation to run by myself anymore.

Back to it next week when my running buddy has moved house, that will be 2 weeks off and yes it'll hurt starting again but I've told her we are following a training plan and she seems happy to follow my lead... As for the extra runner well we've decided, she either runs later at 7 or not at all :/

Awwww I find solo running so empowering...perhaps in the summer I can persuade you to try it...bright sunny weather is motivating =D

I used to run all alone with my music and used to enjoy it! I just need to find the motivation again is all. Quite glad my running buddy is moving this week as it is HORRENDOUS here in Wales this week! Wouldn't of been able to run if we could of, lets hope for better weather and lighter nights soon!!! ;)

yes i hope your weather improves really soon!! We had sunshine here yesterday!! I was in shock! :D :D

I meant to go to the gym to run tonight after work but all i wanted to do was come home and see hubby and eat some dinner. :( So now I can't run until friday...oops!! 5 miles friday 5pm though!! I'm a little gutted i cant squeeze in some exercise before tomorrow night's weigh in but nevermind...

Forgot to log my 6 mile run on Sunday!!

:)

Off out to do 3.75 miles tomorrow - my coaching tool picked such a weird distance!

Total: 82.8 miles

Back