The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Put your running gear next to the bed... get up and put it on, no excuses! Once it's on then you are more likely to grab whatever you take with you and just go!

I'm so excited... I have the next four days to myself and it means I can run each day! I'm aiming for tomorrow, Parkrun on Saturday, rest Sunday and run again Monday.

I have three days off now wahoooo!!!3 mile run 7am tomorrow, and another Saturday morning at 9.30 aaaaand then a 10k Sunday possibly.

Phewww!!! Can't wait!! Been 12 days since my last run it's gonna be a good one!!

Good luck guys with the running over the weekend! I'm off to Bath until Sunday evening, will try and do a 10K Monday though :)

X

Can I join in, just starting week 2 of couch to 5 K so only a newbie x

Go Lisa!!!

I am planning a 3 mile run after work tonight to stretch my legs after spin last night. Then two days off (at a wedding tomorrow and staying over) and off to stay with my family in a beautiful apartment from Sunday until Tuesday. Bringing running gear with me though and getting out while up there!!

10k race next Sunday! Eeeek! xx

Fantastic run this morning, went for 5K but felt so good kept going and did 7.4K!

Will soon be at that 10K mark again

37.2/50 done so far

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done KentCat!

I did Parkrun again this morning... a bit slower this week 36.15 minutes. Still feels good to finish especially when there is a very attractive guy in front of you at the cafe ;) We had a chat and now I'm kicking myself for not asking for his number!

Hi all,

Eventually I have completed reading this entire tread. Well done all on all ye're great achievements. I hope it's not too late to join.

I am just a new runner; started in march. Did a great two weeks and started to enjoy it. Then I got really bad toothache and had to stop running until I got my wisdom tooth extracted. Recovery period is now over but unfortunately I lost my mojo for running.

I am not a very fast runner as I suffer from muscle problems and was told by the doctor that I may never be able to run. Needless to say that this has made me more determined to continue. Prior to my teeth issues I signed up for a 10km mini marathon in June. It will be my first run to complete. Starting my training this week but don't think I will be ready n time. However I hope to complete it by using the run/walk method.

Delighted I have found this forum as it will definitely motivate me to keep going.

Chat soon,
Jen

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Fantastic run this morning, went for 5K but felt so good kept going and did 7.4K!

Will soon be at that 10K mark again

37.2/50 done so far

That is awesome!! Well done :D You'll be running that 10k in no time :)

Well done KentCat!

I did Parkrun again this morning... a bit slower this week 36.15 minutes. Still feels good to finish especially when there is a very attractive guy in front of you at the cafe ;) We had a chat and now I'm kicking myself for not asking for his number!

Ooo is this a weekly thing? Maybe he will be there next week as well. Defo helps to have some eye candy on the run hehe :)

Hi all,

Eventually I have completed reading this entire tread. Well done all on all ye're great achievements. I hope it's not too late to join.

I am just a new runner; started in march. Did a great two weeks and started to enjoy it. Then I got really bad toothache and had to stop running until I got my wisdom tooth extracted. Recovery period is now over but unfortunately I lost my mojo for running.

I am not a very fast runner as I suffer from muscle problems and was told by the doctor that I may never be able to run. Needless to say that this has made me more determined to continue. Prior to my teeth issues I signed up for a 10km mini marathon in June. It will be my first run to complete. Starting my training this week but don't think I will be ready n time. However I hope to complete it by using the run/walk method.

Delighted I have found this forum as it will definitely motivate me to keep going.

Chat soon,
Jen

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Welcome Jen, well done for getting back into running! I had to stop for a while after an injurt and it was hard getting back into the swing of things, but feels great when you go for that first good run after a break :)

I'm sure you'll be able to complete the 10k - even if you do a bit a run/walk like you say. I'm not very fast either but I don't care lol! Any run is better than no run :)

X

Morning all, back from a fab boozy weekend away yesterday, going to attempt a 10k this morning - not sure if I'll manage it and will no doubt be slow but going to give it a shot all the same :)

Best of luck with your running this week! X

If you are looking to walk/run a race then I would strongly recommend a guy called Jeff Galloway. There are forums where he is discussed and he has a couple of books , I downloaded one on my kindle. He got me through the London Marathon last week. X

If you are looking to walk/run a race then I would strongly recommend a guy called Jeff Galloway. There are forums where he is discussed and he has a couple of books , I downloaded one on my kindle. He got me through the London Marathon last week. X

That's really interesting Lindsey will have a look into that, thanks :) How are you after the marathon!? Hope those blisters are going now and you're recovered! Have you been running since?

Did the 10k anyway, only a little slower than previous ones so quite pleased with that and I now have 65k done so far this month!

Headed about for a 5K bike ride this morning and the legs feel really good. Going to head for a short run this evening as my other half is working will help me burn off some of the chocolates he bought me for Easter

Day 3 week 2 done.. I am doing it in the gym due to being asthmatic I just can't seem to get my breathing right when outside ... I am really slow though I only seem to cover 3.5 km in a session, I hope that by the time I finish I will be nearer to 5k... Love the feeling I get when the session is finished .. Like I could take on the world , well in my mind.. Body is another matter haha x

Oh my god so thrilled just did my first 10K in over 2 years! Just feel amazing (well knackered as well).

9 days left in the month and I've now done 47.2K out of the 50K challenge I set myself.

Yay!!! Kentcat well done that is fantastic :D Hope you have a lovely relaxing evening, you've definitely earned it!

X

Yay!!! Kentcat well done that is fantastic :D Hope you have a lovely relaxing evening, you've definitely earned it! X

Can't like comments via iPhone but thanks so much!

Back