The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Just spotted this quote online and thought it was very fitting for all of us fab minimins runners!

“If you run, you are a runner. It doesn’t matter how fast or how far. It doesn’t matter if today is your first day or if you’ve been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no licence to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.”
John Bingham

Did an 8K this morning, slow at 55 minutes but felt good to run that distance again. Plan for the week is shorter runs of 5-7k M,W,F and then aiming for a 10K next Sunday. Think I got the bug back!!

All this talk of running shoes is making me want to go and do a massive shopping spree for running gear haha!

Speaking of which does anyone have any recommendations for running stuff that is actually really nice? I just wear 3/4 lycra legging type things and a t-shirt at the moment which is fine, but I don't love them if you know what I mean?

Would really like to get some stuff that I proper love as I think it would motivate me to go lol! I like some of the stuff on sweatybetty but too expensive for my student income. Any ideas?

X

Well done :) I'm going to try a 10k early next week but I've pulls a muscle so have to have a few days off gym :( my running gear is all from nike there's a discount store near me and some off the stuff is like 50% off. The dry fit stuff is amazing :) think I got a top and leggings for about £45 overall

Well done :) I'm going to try a 10k early next week but I've pulls a muscle so have to have a few days off gym :( my running gear is all from nike there's a discount store near me and some off the stuff is like 50% off. The dry fit stuff is amazing :) think I got a top and leggings for about £45 overall

Good luck with your 10K Beckie, make sure you're well rested though with the pulled muscle :(

Ooo nike discount store sounds great! Don't mind spending a bit if it's good stuff that will last but some stuff online is like £70 for a pair of shorts!

When I get to goal weight will have to treat myself to some really nice stuff :)

Good luck with your 10K Beckie, make sure you're well rested though with the pulled muscle :(

Ooo nike discount store sounds great! Don't mind spending a bit if it's good stuff that will last but some stuff online is like £70 for a pair of shorts!

When I get to goal weight will have to treat myself to some really nice stuff :)

thanks :) I'm gonna give it till Tuesday I think and then try a longer run. The nike stuff does last, I've had mine nearly a year for some stuff and it doesn't show any sign of getting out of shape or fraying. I got some trainers from the outlet for £22 too and they are really good :)

same I may do when I get to 10stone, there's some nike leggings I really want but they are premium ones and they are £50 :cry:. I've decided today as I've had a little loss at weigh in that I'm going to buy a new Yankee candle lol :)

5 miles done today, about 8k I think that is.
It was on the treadmill and I find it a lot easier to run outside usually.
Fingers crossed for next week. Not had jance to get to any shops yet and my leg was really twinging today, so gonna go soon!!!

Well done Jennie!

I tell you what my right leg is aching all the way down the side. Could do with a really good massage lol

Had an absolutely fantastic run this morning decided to really push myself and took over 3 minutes off my 5K time beating my personal best from 3 years ago by about 5 seconds! Nearly dropped dead at the end but amazing feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Woohoo KentCat that is absolutely fabulous!! Well done on a new PB and 3 minutes is a huuuuge difference, hope you are feeling proud :)

X

Well done kentcat! I made it out today whilst it wasn't raining and did 6k. One week until my Manchester 10k.

Fab liquoricet! Rain really hasn't let up here, hoping it's dry tomorrow am!

How are you feeling about the 10K? Mine is still 4 week away but I'm nervous!!

X

well done!
I went to sweatshop today and got my gait analysis done. New pair of running trainers purchased!
Although taking the actual ones back to the shop as they are online £30 cheaper....

Well done everyone on your runs :) I'm gonna do cross trainer tomorrow and try a run on Tuesday. A week till the run :eek:

Pretty nervous but I've done a practice 10k in 104 mins and 9.3k in 88 mins so I know I can go the distance. Hoping to do it in 90mins and think I should make it or pretty close.

I've got to try as I've £300 of sponsorship!

I don't usually run with other people so need to watch the temptation to keep up rather than doing my own thing.

There's so many people (40 thousand) I at least won't be last. Oh and I've caught my daughters' cold so going to take it easy and hope it goes quickly.

That's great if you know you can go the distance then it's definitely doable! I' sure you'll be grand :) Take it easy with the cold though :)

Just a little 2miler for me this morning to the post office and back. Forgot my fitbit though ARGHHHH!!!

X

Thanks for the support ladies it felt great yesterday but feeling it in my legs today!

I've a spin class tomorrow and my usual cycling to and from the station but going to go easy on the running so I've fresh legs for Sunday's race for life

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done everyone on your runs :) my leg feels better now is I'm going to try do a proper run tomorrow morning, I haven't been since Friday and although I feel guilty I know it's for the best I didn't push myself too hard. I only have 40mins spare before work so just going to go for it. On the day I've realised its the finishing it that's the achievement, and I shouldn't worry too much about the time. At least the weather is looking better :D

Done my first c25k run today so not sure I count as a runner yet but I liked the look of the thread :)

Back