The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Welcome Kami of course you count! If you run you're a runner :D

We're all at different levels in here so lots of support! I started with the C25K and think it is excellent, best of luck with it and keep us posted how you're getting on :)

X

Hope you feel better for Sunday!!
I'm really looking forward to it. Feeling a bit sorry for myself that this time next week it'll all be over, so going to look for another race to sign up for too.
Keep me motivated.

Noo Jennie it won't be over - this is just the beginning! Defo agree with a new challenge being needed, I'm thinking a half marathon is going to be my next effort - not until next year though!

X

Noo Jennie it won't be over - this is just the beginning! Defo agree with a new challenge being needed, I'm thinking a half marathon is going to be my next effort - not until next year though! X

I'm doing the same, think it will be the great north run for me :) but would like a few 10k races before then.

I am looking at joining a club, but it's quite a scary thought going meeting new people on my own for something I'm relatively new and a beginner at.

Did 6k this morning in 40mins :)

That's very good going Beckie.
@Jennie i'm going to do the movember run at heaton park probably to see how much faster I am. There's the salford 10k in July too.

Also, check out the Zombies run app. I do those runs just to hear the story!

5.35miles done - decided to see how far I could run in an hour and that was it! Not as far as I would have hoped but not bad :)

X

After the week from hell (ofsted and school trip to London) I'm back! Could only mange a mile last night without giving up. It just shows what a break does!

Decisions, decisions.
Use the new trainers tonight and for the race, or stick with my old ones until after??

I'm thinking old ones...

Decisions, decisions. Use the new trainers tonight and for the race, or stick with my old ones until after?? I'm thinking old ones...

Definitely break them in before hand.

I bought some new running stuff on Monday, on Tuesday my OH asked when I wasn't wearing them and I said "I'm saving them for best" - I'm not sure what best is when it comes to running!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I meant to buy lots of new stuff but didn't and now it's too late to wear stuff in haha

5.35 miles in an hour is really good Clareel :)

Done my first c25k run today so not sure I count as a runner yet but I liked the look of the thread :)

Hi kami! I'm doing c25k too. It really is amazing, when I first started I could hardly run at all, but now on week 5 - run 3 on Friday eek! You can do it :)

Pleased to hear C25K is going well bobcat!

Proper got the running bug back, today is a rest day but really want to go! Will resist though :)

3 days till race for life and an old injury starts playing up! OH is kindly driving me around, normally cycle everywhere, to let me rest it before Sunday but feeling really pissed off and downhearted about it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know the feeling! The back of my thigh knee and cAlf hurt in my right leg... Like a dull pain, there whenever I walk or run on it.

I'll get through Sunday and then rest it for a week

Thanks for the welcome guys, run 2 was already an improvement in run 1. I've been talked into run or dye so that's my goal! Anyone else signed up for that madness?

Oh no guys sorry to hear you're struggling with pain :( Hopefully a few days rest and you'll be good for the run!

Just done a 5k in 31.54 mins which is much closer to my PB of 31.19 than I have been in ages :D Does anyone use the nike + running app? Weird because it measured me doing the right distance and my minutes per mile seem reasonable (around the 10min mark) but it says my fastest 1K is 3.12 mins! No way was I running that fast lol. Don't know how to correct it?

Thinking I've possibly a trapped nerve or something... think I'll be safe enough to run on it, it just hurts lol

Hope you feel better soon. Just done my third run, getting a bit further each time.

Yay! I only blooming did it - week 5 run 3, 20 mins :) leg aches a bit now, but hopefully just temporarily..

Last edited:
Back