The Minimins Running Team - Runaholics Anonymous

Signed up for a 5k Santa dash in December,

Hi everyone. I managed to get 14 miles in from last week's WI to this week's WI - 1.5lbs off :) My next official 10K is Wigan 10K on 7th September, don't think I'll be entering any more before then

I'm doing that race too! Are you from the area? I'm originally but now live in Kent. Heading back to run it for Wigan and Leigh Hospice as they looked after my mum.

What time will you be aiming for?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Wow despite all the storms it is still so hot and stuffy out there. I'm just back from a 5K and it was hard work!

I'm struggling to run in this heat :( being doing classes instead to keep me motivated, and they have fans in the rooms :D

Going to try a 5k this week though, i've moved recently and now live near a lovely canal

Hope everyone's running is going well :)

Yeah this kind of weather isn't great for outdoors training. I just try to get out early before the heat or late on. More rain just hitting us so might try and get out afterwards if it's cooler

I live near a canal too. They are great to run along!!! I managed 6.8km today. I don't like running in the heat, so sticky at the end of it.

I've just joined the gym for the same reason, as well as the amount of torrential rain we have had recently.

Just had to cut my run short after tripping and going flying. I did am amazing commando roll into the bushes!

Just had to cut my run short after tripping and going flying. I did am amazing commando roll into the bushes!

Aww hehe, this did make me laugh as soon as i read it, even let out a little snort at my desk! Hope you were ok.

Hi lovelies, I'm still here and trying to get the miles in!

Half marathon is next Monday (4th Aug) and I've one last long run to do tomorrow evening. Going to do it along the coast so it's nice and cool :)

Did 5 miles yesterday morning and 8 last Wednesday eve... a good chunk of which was along a river so the trees could keep me shaded from the blasting heat!! To think a few months ago I really struggled transitioning from running in winter conditions (cold/dark) to summer conditions (hot/bright), I'm so amazed that I ran 8 miles! Surely winter marathon training is going to be a doss now!! :rolleyes:

Shall we do another challenge from next week for August? Would anyone else be up for it?

I have another half on Sunday 14th September so keen to get straight back into training after a few days rest next week! xx

Aww hehe, this did make me laugh as soon as i read it, even let out a little snort at my desk! Hope you were ok.

Yeah I'm fine thanks, although my hands and knees look like they did when I was about 6, covered in scratches and all grazed.

Did a 1K tonight just to ensure I kept loose and planning a 5K tomorrow.

Hi guys, I'm new(ish) to running and looking to buy new trainers.. Any recommendations? Looking at the Asics GT 2000 Women's*or Mizuno Wave Alchemy 12 Women's. Any thoughts? Xx My SW Diary :) http://www.minimins.com/showthread.php?t=343855

I would highly recommend you go to a running shop and have a gait anyalysis done (most do them for free). They'll put a camera on your feet as you run and then will advise on what kind of support flexibility etc you need in your trainers. Considering your trainers will pretty much be your best friends when running it's worth the effort to make sure they're right for you.

Yes!! I'm game for another challenge! I have a 10k in August and 21st sept is my half marathon so could do with getting the mile in.

Gait analysis is the best thing I ever did, had lots of problems with my knees before I got it done and new trainers x

Clover - I'm with the others - def go with gait analysis. How the shoes fit and work with you running is so much more important than how they look for preventing injury.

Jennie - your half is the week after mine!! I'll set up a new challenge and post the thread! xx

Doing my first efforts session tonight with the club... argh!

Making the most of the light nights, usual 5K cycle home from the station and then a hilly 5K. Much slower than I go on flat but that's to be expected

Back